Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 09-02-2005, 12:59   #41
Melifluous
Administrator

Done.

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 18:33   #42
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

@Aggie: This is a pecularity of mad-bax's running SGOTM. Like in the middle of the game it was found out that there is no river movement penalty or that the saves for different teams have been different with one team having iron and another team having nothing. I'm not normally ranting, especially here at CDZ. That is that a few people at CFC just make me do it. Never has anything like that happen in GOTM or PBEM forums there and very-very occasionally in the ISDG forum. The GOTM forum has been also somewhat strained at the times of cracker but with ainwood taking the wheel it has greatly improved.

@mad-bax: Certainly, my English is not good enough to understand whether you have posted a joke or something else. Sorry about that, "it can't be helped". Please try to communicate with short phrases and use only simple words without double or triple meaning for the stupid ones. If we continue this discussion I promise to deliver the share of humiliation via uncensored poetry. So, I suggest we stop it now.
Old 09-02-2005, 19:31   #43
Pastorius
Custard used tile

akots, mad-bax, aggie and/or anyone else intrigued by the thought of comparative analysis:

if teams of players (with each player more or less different from each other in terms of approach, skill and creativity) are supposed to be compared, using what one would assume was the same platform for the games (not taking into consideration the differences between 1.29f, 1.27f and 1.22f - vanilla, ptw and c3c respectively) - how on earth is it possible to not be thorough in playtesting a generated map to make sure that at least all maps are configured consistently, AND that ANY differences between maps for the different teams and versions are written down and kept for reference and/or informational purpose to the players.

I was scared away from GOTM, and I am too frightened to enter into the land of succession games. I am not of a compeditive nature - so succession game competition does not tempt me much either. But I cannot help wondering why you mad-bax, and the team I presume you have to help out - cannot work out a scheme where you make sure to note details that could be of importance to the players of each team.

I hope you understand that I base most of this rant on how I interpreted akots' post - I have been in the SGOTM forum @ CFC only 1nce or twice in the past, to look at what the deal was about, so I cannot base this on anything but my assumption that akots isnt one to pick on people without something to back his words with.

I am of course humble to human errors. I am certainly not perfect myself, and even though I devise many a plan to get control of my workload, I seem to loose grip on it from time to time. But I feel that to undertake the effort of maintaining a competition, you need to take every precaution to ensure that noone gets an unnatural advantage.

That's my 2 cents and a rant's worth. Most of this text is directed at mad-bax, as response to akots post above. English is my 2nd language, but my message in general should be understandable.
Old 09-02-2005, 19:37   #44
anarres
anarchist butcher

I have no idea about the animosity here at all. I just want a love-in too like Aggie.
Old 09-02-2005, 19:45   #45
Socrates
Emperor

Actually this man can think !!! [] OK Paali, time has passed. You can go back to full spam mode now. j/k mate

I concur with what was said about ensuring the best for this event. Blah blah blah same old story...

Me too I want to <s>happily fuck</s> love you all. I'm now sending you all lots of kisses, and hope that it won't disturb you from playing great.
Old 09-02-2005, 20:05   #46
DrAlimentado

the thought of you happily fucking us all IS rather disturning me though! []
DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 21:01   #47
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles
... but my assumption that akots isnt one to pick on people without something to back his words with. ...

Not sure... not sure... I might be terribly wrong sometimes but will happily admit I was wrong if persuaded.

I'm sorry about all this, but these types of discussions often arise in the SGOTM forum and are heavily moderated if not directly by mods but by mad-bax himself indirectly through the phrases of type "This discussion is permitted" or "This discussion is not permitted since it is of grave consequences to SGOTM". Not an exact quote. IIRC, Microbe had a very serious issues regarding rule bending between different teams and a few other instances happened.
Old 09-02-2005, 21:34   #48
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots
I'm sorry about all this, but these types of discussions often arise in the SGOTM forum and are heavily moderated if not directly by mods but by mad-bax himself indirectly through the phrases of type "This discussion is permitted" or "This discussion is not permitted since it is of grave consequences to SGOTM". Not an exact quote. IIRC, Microbe had a very serious issues regarding rule bending between different teams and a few other instances happened.
bahh, that was sgotm3 and almost 6 months ago! that was the one with the bizarre xenophobic NOW varient, which was very confusing and difficult. iirc, mad-bax was trying to make allowances for people misinterpreting his confusing rules, and screwed it up entirely. however, imho, he learned a lot from that experience as the rules for sgotm4 and 5 were slimmed down and made very clear. sgotm6 seems the same way. i think if you look in recent sgotm discussion threads(4 & 5), you'll see things being handled much better, at least that's how i see it. and that map for sgotm5 was extremely impressive.

i really see no need for the bashing, but i may be missing something that was passed along in pm's. imho, MB learned a lot from sgotm3 and has made the event much better, both in terms of rules and dealing with the participants/bugs. if he made the mistakes and didn't learn, i'd be right there bashing him or going strictly to the sg forum to play. however, in this case, he did learn and adjusted his approach. based on this, i think your being quite unfair.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 22:12   #49
Aggie
Emperor

I know nothing of SGOTM. I'm just not fond of the competion element and therefore am not interested in the whole GOTM forum. So I know nothing about what happened there. And I don't want to know either. I'm on these forums to play civ with other fans and nothing else. But I remember some great SG's with mad-bax in my team, a.o. the hilarious/impossible/jaw-dropping AG3 conquest game on a 362x362 map with 32 civs. Anyone crazy enough to play this one until the end is ok in my book .
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 23:21   #50
Kemal

Like so many before me, I'd like to lurk around as well... I declare I'm not part of any SGOTM CFC team, nor will I inform any other team about anything I know from the CDZ private SGOTM forum.