Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 16-04-2009, 15:08   #141
Shabbaman
Administrator

I can imagine that getting kids is very important to you, but I don't understand why they wouldn't try something like IVF instead. This story sounds like a big fat hoax.
Old 29-05-2009, 12:34   #142
Matrix
Administrator

A commentator after the Champions League final:
"And there's [Italian] prime minister Berlusconi. His girlfriend is not present. Perhaps she has a school party."
Old 29-05-2009, 13:20   #143
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

This story smells fake to me. Traute, Herr Maus...... that's the names an American or Brit would dream up.
Old 29-05-2009, 13:53   #144
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Funny story but I suspect a hoax as well. I think the commentator's remark is good fun also.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 04:40   #145
Robi D
King

Proudly showing off his newly-leased downtown apartment to a couple of friends late one night, a drunk Maori led the way to his bedroom where there was a big brass gong hanging on the wall.

'What's that big brass gong for?' one of the friend's asked.

'Issss nod a gong. Issss a talking Australian clock' he drunkenly replied.

'A talking Australian clock - seriously?'

'Yup.' 'Hmmm (hic).'

'How's it work?' the second friend asked, squinting at it.

'Just watch' he said.

He picked up a hammer, gave the gong an 'ear-shattering bash' and stepped back.

His three mates stood looking at one another for a moment in astounded silence.

Suddenly, a Australian voice from the other side of the wall screamed,

'For f*#k's sake, you stupid c*nt . It's ten past three in the f*#king morning !!!'

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 10:45   #146
Matrix
Administrator

Good one.
Old 30-05-2009, 11:38   #147
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

brilliant
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 14:27   #148
Robi D
King

(For the non-aussies just think FA Cup Final or Superbowl)

It's the AFL Grand final and a man makes his way to his seat. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty.

He leans over and asks his neighbour if someone will be sitting there.

'No,' says the neighbour. 'The seat is empty.' 'This is incredible', said the man.

'Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for AFL Grand final and not use it?'

The neighbour says 'Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first AFL Grand final we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967.'

'Oh .... I'm sorry to hear that mate. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbour to take the seat?'

The man shakes his head 'No, they're all at the funeral.'

Old 20-10-2009, 15:20   #149
Robi D
King

An armed hold-up man bursts into the Bank of Ireland and forces the tellers to load a sack full of cash. On his way out the door with the loot one brave Irish customer grabs the hood and pulls it off revealing the robber's face. The robber shoots the guy without hesitation! He then looks around the bank to see if anyone else has seen him. One of the tellers is looking straight at him and the robber shoots him also. Everyone by now is very scared and looking down at the floor. “Did anyone else see my face?” calls the robber. There are a few moments of silence, then one elderly Irish gent tentatively raises his hand and says:
"I think my wife may have caught a glimpse" .

Old 03-02-2010, 23:43   #150
Matrix
Administrator

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A".