Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 09-01-2007, 15:38   #1
socralynnek

Default Ask a HT

IMO this thread should be here to see what the HTs answer s.t. our members here can see that if they miss the thread in Global:

And the most important thing:
Our dear friend Kemal managed that an HT answered his question. OK it was just three letters but hey, that's not bad...

Code:
From HT-Tjecken
---
Reply to (7831762.82) (by jilkofc)

On Special Events, is it correct that the chance of a non-wheather related special event occuring during a match (just that it occurs, not whether it is succesful or not) is relative to the division level the match is played in?
---

No.
Old 09-01-2007, 16:52   #2
Kemal

Well, I have to say the answer surprises me... it obviously means that you should be seeing a lot less corners in lower divisions (since they are created using set pieces skill as the rules say, and lower divisions have lower set pieces skill), which is totally against what my observations and own experience tells me.

Also, if not relative to div level, it means chances of a corner appearing in a match are apparently fixed for each level of set pieces your sp taker has.

Any of you got a question in? Probably no point adding them now, as they'll never get answered in time...

Old 09-01-2007, 17:01   #3
Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:as they'll never get answered in time...
In time for what?

Quote:
quote:it obviously means that you should be seeing a lot less corners in lower divisions (since they are created using set pieces skill as the rules say, and lower divisions have lower set pieces skill), which is totally against what my observations and own experience tells me.
Not necessarily. I have a titanic set piece guy. and I'm in the bottom division in the US. High set piece guys with low skills in other areas are surprisingly cheap. even their salaries are cheap.
Old 09-01-2007, 18:16   #4
Kemal

True, but in the higher divisions, everyone will have at least a half-decent sp-guy. Plus, the lower divisions are actually loaded with inactive/bot teams that most definitely will not have a high SP guy available, so I think the assumption that on average SP is better in higher divisions is solid.

As for getting it answered in time... the "ask HT" week only lasts for a week, and my question was asked on monday morning. In the meantime, 300 more questions have been asked, while the HTs will stop answering on friday.
Old 09-01-2007, 18:25   #5
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

even their salaries are cheap.
Even their mothers are cheap