Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 24-07-2006, 04:44   #21
sz_matyas

Well, first league match went well. He had a total walkover of a setup and I won 4-1, HO said it should have been 4-0 in simulations after the match but don't really care. Keepers in my price range to train are hard to come by and missed out on a couple because I had something going on this evening (a most of the way passible 18 yr old went for ~$30K, which I would definately have taken and trained). Any tips for the offseason, should I use MOTS for my last match? How can I up my star players form from weak so that he actually does some damage? How many GK coaches should I use?

That's about all the quick questions I can think of, BTW I am now 2nd in my division by 1 pt and worst I can finish is 4th.
Old 24-07-2006, 07:24   #22
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sz_matyas

Well, first league match went well. He had a total walkover of a setup and I won 4-1, HO said it should have been 4-0 in simulations after the match but don't really care. Keepers in my price range to train are hard to come by and missed out on a couple because I had something going on this evening (a most of the way passible 18 yr old went for ~$30K, which I would definately have taken and trained). Any tips for the offseason, should I use MOTS for my last match? How can I up my star players form from weak so that he actually does some damage? How many GK coaches should I use?

That's about all the quick questions I can think of, BTW I am now 2nd in my division by 1 pt and worst I can finish is 4th.
I would certainly mots the last match off the season since teamspirit will be reset for the next season. let him play a match every week is the most important thing you can do. Form is also influenced by the skill of your coach and the amount of assistant trainers you have (for goalkeepers goalkeeper assistatt trainer). I would just let him play every weekand hope for the best. How many GK coaches you should hire is mainly dependend on your financial situation, bur since your training GK's I would say around 4.
Old 24-07-2006, 21:55   #23
sz_matyas

I blew most of my debt ceiling on an almost solid 17 yr old (equivalent to Shabba's, but went for a bit less) and consequently won't be able to do much more than log in and set assignments. Debating whether to train stamina or pin my hopes on selling an 18 yr solid keeper at the start of next season, probably have to decide that fairly quickly.

In other news, my supporter is delirious, just wish he would go out and tell some of his friends so that I will actually have a crowd on my first home game (next Sat). Once I actually do sell my first trainee, thinking better coach, new trainee and start investing in the YS. Anything left over will probably get either a wing defender or Midfielder.
Old 25-07-2006, 08:57   #24
Shabbaman
Administrator

That goalkeeper is already on the market again for 200k... I wouldn't start investing in the youth squad if I were you. The break even point is on average somewhere in the 6th or 7th season after you start investing the full 20k a week. I think this is my first season that I'm actually making a profit (but last season was OK as well), and I'm playing this game for some years (!) now.

Have you decided what to train after goalkeeper training? If you decide on midfield or forwards, you could skip buying defenders now, for instance. I suggest you look into training wingers. There are very little people training that (especially at CDZ), and you can keep using all the players you're buying now (which saves you money, indirectly).

Obviously, training playmaking is the safest bet, but in the current market it's difficult to make any safe bet. With wing training you do something different than "all the others". You do have to gain the advantage somewhere, don't you?
Old 25-07-2006, 12:56   #25
Tubby Rower

[speculation=wild]

I'm thinking that starting to train PM right now might be a good idea. Mainly because everyone else is freaking out and looking at switching training regimes. all of these people are going to be getting out of the PM market and will therefore unknowingly decrease the supply and therefore increase the price.

[/speculation]
Old 25-07-2006, 14:59   #26
Shabbaman
Administrator

Out of PM training? Where did you get that notion?
Old 25-07-2006, 15:22   #27
Tubby Rower

hence the wild speculation part of the post. Maybe I just need to post the tame speculations
Old 25-07-2006, 15:41   #28
socralynnek

i know people that switche to PM training, because they think that they can't get much money with any training regime and then they train PM to strengthen their midfield...
Old 25-07-2006, 15:53   #29
Mistfit
King

I am a bit undecided right now as to if I will stay with PM or not. If I do it is not because of the drastic drop in IM prices it is because I have a pretty good stable of IM's right now and to get better I think I will have to switch to somthing else. I am considering switching to GK training for a while to improve that spot and to try somthing new.
Old 25-07-2006, 15:55   #30
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

i know people that switche to PM training, because they think that they can't get much money with any training regime and then they train PM to strengthen their midfield...
Exactly my line of thought, and why I am considering training PM myself. What kept me training forwards for this long is that I was hoping that enough people would stop training forwards. I might keep that up, but I expect that the transfer market will crash even harder next season, when a lot of people find out they can't cope with the wages of the players they got from the bargain bin next season.

But please, let's keep that discussion in the "crashing transfer market thread", and not in this one.

Bottom line: train something that's useful like midfielders or defenders.

Or consider something nobody's training, like wingers. With enough people switching to training PM, that market could crash even harder than the forward market (wishful thinking from my part). Unlikely, since a. everybody and their mother needs midfielders and b. kemal switched to training PM and he's always right.