Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 29-08-2004, 05:24   #1
yndy
Prince

Default Match results day 10, season 23

Quote:
quote:The 36389 spectators at fc malina Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. malina had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Phillips - Ulmu, Fisscher, Gil - Gil, Aspenstedt, Ekker, Kundrats, Torsson - Iwan, Lehmjährens.

Sticla had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Gruia - Rãdulescu, Spiridon, Er#337;ss - Lucescu, Kiskapusi, Turcu, Gheorghe - Bos, Åhltorp, Bojin.

malina mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Sticla seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Bujorel Bojin found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. Sticla´s Nik Bos gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 21st minute with a superb strike from the right. Sticla came close to extending their lead as Teofil Lucescu delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. The visitors Dumitru Gheorghe took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 39:th minute. 0 - 2 for Sticla. Halftime score was 0 - 2. Sticla, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

Kristian Åhltorp increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. The referee showed Sticlas Dumitru Gheorghe the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The visitors Kristian Åhltorp took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 71st minute. 0 - 4 for Sticla. The structure of the game started to change as Sticla decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Sticla came close to extending their lead as Olivér Er#337;ss delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. The referee showed Sticlas Cãtãlin Rãdulescu the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Sticla, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

malina´s best player was Feeney Phillips. Peter Torsson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Bujorel Bojin. However, Dumitru Gheorghe made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 4.
An unbelievable 4 - 0 win over last season's 2nd place. And it was on his ground. Things have just started to look brighter and I now plan finishing 3rd or even second if I can win the decisive match.
Old 30-08-2004, 11:26   #2
Kemal

Quote:
quote:A scorching day at FC De Snaken Arena, where 3299 spectators were in place for today´s match. Snaken started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: van Bergen - Meesen, Ruijg, Poorter, Starac - van Dijken, Frankenheim, Kukuljan, Etchegoyen - Seals, Böõr.

Ridderkerk had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: de Balogh - Heyting, Peeters, Bruininx - de Roo, van Ingen, Puype, Brugman - Molenaar, Quaedvlieg, Hendrikx.

Snaken mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Krisztián Böõr has the wonderful ability to create chances out of thin air. In the3rd minute he drove a bicycle kick straight past the keeper, resulting in the 1 - 0 goal. With 8 minutes played Brian Seals could have brought this one home for Snaken, had his hooked ball gone in, but it went just a bit too high. Ridderkerk levelled the score in the 11th minute at 1 - 1, as Paul Peeters struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. After a fine move down the middle André Ruijg nearly gave the home side one up in the 12th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Snaken tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. In the games 41st minute Ridderkerk´s Matthys Hendrikx fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Matthys Hendrikx for taking a dive. 1 - 1 was the half-time score. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

In the games 52nd minute Thijs Bruininx recieved a blow to the hip due to a collision, and was unable to continue. Ridderkerk had made all their substitutions, and were forced to go on with a reduced lineup. Krisztián Böõr gave his Snaken the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 67 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Snaken. However, Arno de Balogh made a spectacular save. Andre Frankenheim increased Snakens lead to 3 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. Andre Frankenheim of Snaken received a yellow card in the 84:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 86:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Brian Seals dashed through, knocking home 4 - 1 for Snaken. After this Snaken lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 76 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Harold Poorter. Jerry van Bergen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Ridderkerk player was without a doubt Paul Peeters. Anne van Ingen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.
A crucial match, and this much needed victory reduces the gap to the safe 6th spot in the league to only 1 point.. but I'm still in 8th place as it stands now. Will be tough, but I hope not impossible to escape relegation after all.
Old 30-08-2004, 12:59   #3
yndy
Prince

Seems that you have a decent chance of remaining in the league. But why don't you use 3-5-2? You need to play a game or two in friendlies but then you'll get a much better midfield.
Old 30-08-2004, 14:26   #4
Kemal

Well, I do not wish to get my hopes up to high for staying in this league, a very unfortunate event has happened as 2 of my competitors for those last 2 places have been replaced by new teams, and it seems they've, unlike me, been very lucky with the starting team... one of them sold a player 3 days after receiving a team for 400K (!), and now has a much better team than I can field, while the other also has a (slightly) better team from the start.

The reason I've not been playing 3-5-2 is that I did not know how long it would take for the team to get used to the formation, and atm every game (in the league) matters big time. And as for the friendlies, well since I'm taking part in the CDZ-cup, I didn't feel right to start experimenting in those games and let my opponents get huge victories (but it seems they are getting those anyway, so maybe I should reconsider my stance on this).
Old 30-08-2004, 18:31   #5
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I'd play 3-5-2 in the cdz cup. It will take you 1 maybe 2 matches t0 get 3-5-2 up to passable. So play 3-5-2 wednesday and see how it turns out after that. On top of that 3-5-2 suits you're stamina training much better as you should have a truckload of good midfielders by now!

BTW how's the PM gambit coming along? I saw you bought a heap of players for 15K average only!
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 18:37   #6
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:5761 spectators had come to FC Maastricht Arena this cloudy day. Maastricht tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Slotboom - Kingma, Roelofs, Brinkman, van Zeil - Venema, Arnoldussen, Notermans, Rensenbrink - Gorte, Geurts.

PP started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: van Loen - de Moll, Boote, van Zeeland - Johnston, Schulte, Daemen, Bakker, Kiilerich - Beugels, Niezing.

Maastricht were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 34:th minute left PP´s Alan Johnston completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The referee showed Maastrichts George Gorte the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The referee showed Maastrichts Simeon Brinkman the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Ludo van Zeeland spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. 0 - 1 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maastricht, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

One of many good passes from Wizze Venema at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Lieuwe Geurts, scoring for Maastricht to 1 - 1. In the game's 88:th minute Maastricht´s Lieuwe Geurts limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. PP´s Toon Niezing refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 89:th minute. In the 90:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Toon Niezing put the ball away for 1 - 2. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 90:th minute PP goal, making it 1 - 3. Ludo van Zeeland was noted down as the scorer. PP held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Maastricht player was without a doubt George Gorte. However, Antonie Notermans made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Iwan Daemen. Pascal Schulte was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 3.
A disastrous game against a new team. They played their first match but this guy got a very good starting team. I PIC'ed but still it's an embarrassing performance considering I scored 11,5 stars more iirc. With my 2 lucky 90'th minute goals I'm still on track for the championship and promotion. If I win next week promotion will be sure. If I win next two weeks the championship is in the bag too.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 01:21   #7
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:
24444 spectators arrived at The Yellow Boot, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Brown - Haas, Falbrant, Knott - Visan, Mahmoud, Villar, Biler, Pilar - Lara, Burney.

vik115 had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Yo - Lyman, Shanks, Downs, Norman - Jansen, Krause, Pocho, Harris - White, Hammer.

Yellows Cary Haas gave, after 1 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Theodore Burney increased Yellows lead to 2 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 22 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Yellow. However, Chang Yo made a spectacular save. Joe White of vik115 received a yellow card in the 26:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 27:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Mats Falbrant dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Yellow. After this Yellow lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Halftime score was 3 - 0. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

The home side´s Shadi Qassem Mahmoud came close to extending the lead in the 53rd minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Chang Yo managed saving with a fingernail. In the 56:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Rubén Lara dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Yellow. In the 63rd minute vik115s Dion Downs received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Yellow put their lead ahead another goal as Alejandro Villar struck home the 5 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. The referee showed Yellows Alejandro Villar the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. vik115, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt David Brown. Shadi Qassem Mahmoud was a disappointment, however. The most dominating vik115 player was without a doubt Jamie Krause. Kurtis Norman on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 0.
Not as good as my 7-0 result last time I played them, but still a decent result. I play my last challenging game of the season next week. Promotion is very unlikely due to two very unlucky losses (games I should have won), but second place is almost assured if I win my next match. Hopefully I promote next season.
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote