Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 28-06-2007, 18:54   #1
IglooDude

Default BtS Pitboss game?

At this point I have a machine I can use for a BtS pitboss game, and I plan on buying BtS within a day or so of its release. Sooo...

If I launch a pitboss game, it'll probably be a "CivIVor" continuation (i.e. the CFC OT crowd and folks here being invited, so over a dozen players for sure) and it'll definitely be with my "DMs allowed except as part of war declaration" rule. Aside from that, and a leaning toward no tech trading or vassalage, I'm open to suggestions. And I'm wondering about a something-other-than ancient age start.

So - who else here is figuring on getting BtS by the end of July and would be interested in signing up (don't bother trying to claim a civ yet), and any suggestions for the game settings?
Old 28-06-2007, 19:33   #2
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

I would be interested but probably can't be available at the start.
Old 28-06-2007, 20:16   #3
killercane
Prince

I will get it. I would speculate there will have to be some new rules made on the fly, depending on how some of the new features work, like the Apostolic Palace. Were you thinking about the Advanced Start option where you buy stuff beforehand for your empire? That could have an interesting flavor.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 21:57   #4
mauer
King

I'll sign up, I have it pre-ordered from amazon.com
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 23:23   #5
Tubby Rower

I'd be interested in playing but the problem is that I can't commit to playing everyday. Maybe I could team up with someone else in a similar predicament and be two playing as one? At least the spoiler would be a little more involved than a notmal one.
Old 28-06-2007, 23:53   #6
BCLG100
Deity

i'd play though i doubt i'll get BtS on the day it comes out but a week or so after, i agree on the vassalage and tech trading things, maks diplo a lot easier.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 03:10   #7
failedreality
Warlord

i think I will be getting it within days after release. So you could count me in on a spot..

Thanks
failedreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 12:27   #8
Davo

Sign me up, i'll buy it on day of UK release (July 20th according to Amazon).
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 12:33   #9
IglooDude

My rough plan is that once I get a pitboss machine going for it, I'll put up a test game and whoever logs in reserves a spot, the real game starting when all the slots in the test game are filled or a couple weeks, whichever comes first.

I am thinking about using the Advanced Start (thanks killercane, I couldn't think of the term), it'd certainly make the "move one unit and hit enter for the first month" routine go away.
Old 29-06-2007, 14:20   #10
IglooDude

Oh, and also - I'm also looking for a referee (or two, even) once the game starts. Whomp fulfilled this role admirably in the CivIVor Warlords game and it worked well, since I can't make unbiased rulings when it comes to in-game rule issues. Though since DMing is the most common issue requiring a ruling and this game will mostly allow DMs, the job should be even easier here.