Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 29-08-2005, 03:10   #11
bed_head7

As this was my first season and I took over with the season over half finished, I didn't have too many objectives other than keeping the economy afloat and getting a playable team and trainees.

The economy is okay, I guess. I seem to be coming out a little ahead when I host league games and losing big when I am away, but I made it to the end of the season without taking too much damage. I should end up about $15,000 in the hole at the end of the season. As long as I get put in a not too hard series, my fan base should grow quickly next season and I will start making some more money.

With trainees, I accidentally bought a few too many. So I had 13 guys when I only needed 10 for playmaking. I ended up selling two after stamina training and made roughly $20,000 apiece on them, and another was injured and out for 7 weeks, and as I paid only $1,000 for him anyway and he was kind of weak to begin with, I just fired him. Thus far, I have only had two playmaking skill pops, but hopefully in the first couple of weeks of the next season I'll see the rest of my 17yos and 18yos IMs hit solid playmaking and my winger guys hit passable. Which brings me to a question, actually. I should switch my training over to stamina for the off season once training updates occur on Thursday, correct?

The season did end on a high note for me, as I MotS against the number six team, and pulled out a 3-2 victory. It didn't accomplish much, but it seems MotS is rather effective, though team spirit dropped to murderous from irritated. Doesn't matter though since that is wiped clean, correct? Anyway, I was hoping the win might actually get me an easier series next season. Is this the case, or am I crazy? At the very least, it should get me a better cup ranking next season, and perhaps I'll manage to advance to the second or third round.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 03:12   #12
bed_head7

Does the extra boost from MotSing show up in the star report? My stars weren't really any higher except for a couple of players, and that would have been as easily achieved by their form jumps in the last couple weeks.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 09:53   #13
Shabbaman
Administrator

The only thing that gets higher is your midfield rating.
Old 29-08-2005, 11:03   #14
Thrawn

I finished 4th. Which I think is pretty good for my first season in V. Only 2 points behind 3rd, and 6 points clear of 5th too.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2005, 12:57   #15
socralynnek

I finsihed 3d in my division VII.
Won 0-1 away against the team that became 2nd and promotes...
Wanted to promote but maybe it's better for my long term plans to stay a year in league VII, because the VI where my opponent goes in is rather strong.
What is really bad is that my most valuable trainee got injured for 7 weeks in the last game. I calculated that with 8 docs I get him to bruised but playing before the first friendly /second cup match.
Next season it will not be easy to promote but I hope I can make but one team coming down is really strong.
Old 29-08-2005, 14:39   #16
Energy
Chieftain

I was able to top my goals for the season, I ended second where I was aiming for 3rd at the beginning of the season. And I had an 34+ performance, but just barely. Only minor down point was that i managed this performance and still lost the game, which got me in second place instead of first. 7th, here i come!
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 12:30   #17
Melifluous
Administrator

Yay 5th Division football for me again next season.

After a season of 13 wins and a single loss I autopromote on goal difference.

Nice season for me.

Lets see what next season brings...

Melifluous

PS. Oh and I grabbed top scorer with my X-Man, despite Mistfit injuring him for 4 weeks at the end of the season.
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2005, 14:18   #18
Mistfit
King

I ended the season in 2nd place. Not bad for my 1st season. I had a serious run for 1st place for a couple of weeks. I probably should have MoT'ed the game in week 13 to put my best chances for beating the #1 team.

Right at the end of the season I had a bunch of my trainees pop skills. I have 1 Exc PM Inad Pass 18 yr old ~ 1 Solid PM Passable Passing 18 yr old ~ 1 Exc PM Weak Passing 18 yr old ~ and a Solid PM inad Passing 20 yr old for my core of good IM's I also have 2 17 yr olds in the Passable/solid range so training seems to be going well.

Overall I am very satisfied with my team and HT experiance

PS the X-man took a dive. He's been seen haning out in Brazil hitting on underage boys.
Old 30-08-2005, 18:47   #19
Iggy

I came 4th, really it should have been 5th however one of the better teams decided to play some strange formations which cost him a few games.
Defence training is proving to be a bit of a pain short term. My team is becoming increasingly unbalanced and most of my opponents are training PM. I am dedicated to sticking with Def training and will reap the rewards in another 3 seasons time. On occasion I wasted a training spot for the sake of winning games, next season I will just swallow my pride.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 03:55   #20
Swingue
Prince

Goal was:
- get better rating
- try to promote
- get finances in order

Well rating went up to 36,5 at end of season
I promoted (as second but with topscorer)
Keepertraining paid off! Finances are stable

next season will be interesting, i am afraid there is a good chance that I'll only be in VI for one season.

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote