Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 25-02-2010, 10:21   #1
Shabbaman
Administrator

Default Big changes

I just read the editorial about next season's changes. Seems big, especially the part where they are nerfing inner mids. Thoughts?
Old 25-02-2010, 14:34   #2
socralynnek

It seems like they go away from their 442 driven lineup engine which means: no repositioned players anymore. And spreading the cut over all inner players.

Sounds good and intuitive.

I hope that they don't cut too much from players strength as I am still training midfielders...

OTOH midfield is still important in the match engine, so I think, the changes are good.

And it will be nice to see that I will not only be able to play 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 for effective training, but that 2-5-3 is a good option then as well.
Old 25-02-2010, 18:35   #3
BCLG100
Deity

Hmmm i'm not a massive fan from what i'm reading, it seems to be decreasing inner mids powers- what i would prefer perhaps is an increase of other areas. I've currently got 3 fairly decent IM's;extra terrestrial, titanic and supernatural (Should be popping soon) all under 23 and an older IM who is mythical.

Now the wages for them players account for the majority of my teams wage budget, i feel if they are decreasing the power of IM's they should perhaps decrease the wages of them also- unless i'm missing that they haven't mentioned it?

edit- further, depending how this update ends up, i don't see how this makes the game anymore realistic. The majority of the larger european teams play with 5 midfielders- especially when away from home or big games as they appreciate winning that battle is vital.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!

Last edited by BCLG100; 25-02-2010 at 18:39.
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 17:04   #4
arne1
King

I have just glanced at the changes, it might be a reason to quit. How can you make a long term plan while the rules are constantly changing. I think I will just wait and see.
Old 26-02-2010, 17:47   #5
Shabbaman
Administrator

RAGEQUIT!!! The rules have changed so many times, I doubt this change will make a matter for a change. Long term plans are worthless anyway, without a stable economy. But if IM's become less important and wing becomes more important this change could be in my benefit.
Old 26-02-2010, 21:41   #6
BCLG100
Deity

Well now the market will become even more saturated with IM's as all the current IM trainers will be trying to flog them before they become worthless. It makes sense to change training but if you change then you wont be able to get as decent trainees!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 11:12   #7
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1 View Post
I have just glanced at the changes, it might be a reason to quit. How can you make a long term plan while the rules are constantly changing. I think I will just wait and see.
Sorry, but I don't agree.

The HTs are constantly changing parts of the game, but at a really slow pace. So it was always the case that you have to adapt your long term strategy to the changes.

And, as always, I don't think that the effect of these changes are that relevant for a long term strategy or that big. Some parts, especially midfield is tuned down a bit, some parts are made a little stronger. That's something you always have to expect.

That's a difference to a game like Civ. If you don't like a change in a patch, just play with an older version...but that's not possible with an online game.
Old 28-02-2010, 01:46   #8
arne1
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
Sorry, but I don't agree.

The HTs are constantly changing parts of the game, but at a really slow pace. So it was always the case that you have to adapt your long term strategy to the changes.

And, as always, I don't think that the effect of these changes are that relevant for a long term strategy or that big. Some parts, especially midfield is tuned down a bit, some parts are made a little stronger. That's something you always have to expect.

That's a difference to a game like Civ. If you don't like a change in a patch, just play with an older version...but that's not possible with an online game.
I'm (getting) old. I do not adapt to change anymore. I used to like all the changes since it made advantage for the longer playing teams smaller, now I am against it for the same reason. Second I do not want to free time to learn about all the changes. Allthough I like the possibility to gain experience in 5-5-0 and 2-5-3, which suits my passing training and now i should be able to also get some results with that.
It could also mean I keep pm heavy tdfw now instead of selling it. Since my midfield is not so strong and will be weakened furhter by this.

fortunately I am in federation where thet break the info down in little bits for me, so I can still manage to keep up.
Old 28-02-2010, 10:52   #9
Shabbaman
Administrator

You were old when you started with hattrick!
Old 28-02-2010, 10:59   #10
socralynnek

I don't know how big the changes will be really, but with the past changes, I had the feeling, that you could just play on like before and slowly adapt to the changes. And I have the feeling that these changes won't differ.

OK, those who adapt faster will have a slight advantage, but it's not like the others are totally out of the way.

There are no engine changes, so the concept still is: midfield will still be most important part.

As a midfield trainer, I don't know what will be best for my team. I was not training perfectly effective in the oast few seasons anyway, so I might play 4-4-2 more often next season, thus losing one spot. But that was the question for defending trainers or scoring trainers as well always. But I see it more poswitive. My strategy is now challenged, but that isfor a lot of teams. Let's see whether I can get along with the changes better than other teams.