Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 12-09-2005, 06:54   #91
bed_head7

Another quick update for you on my progress. For the most part, the map is done. There will need to be a few little resource relocations, and you all will probably want more than 3 food bonuses for the entire map that I have left at this point. But I think I have achieved a decent balance of terrain for each player's surroundings, while not giving each player an identical situation and identical decisions to make.

Turn order has not been done yet, but I was thinking something along the lines of:

Rik - Spain
Barbu - Iroquois
grahamiam - Iroquois
Mistfit - Iroquois
Whomp - Japan
Tubby - Persians

The teams are all split up, and the it still goes in a way such that in ideal conditions doing one turn a day should not be a problem, as Rik in Netherlands plays it, and then it sort of bounces around the east coast of the U.S. As long as there are no objections, you can submit that order to Matrix, and I will make that the game order.

Other small notes of little consequence. Map size is slightly smaller than a small map, but considerably larger than tiny. Tiny just seemed too cramped, and you all will be running into each other soon enough with a small map. Ivory will be on the map, but it will not be an issue. Actually, I just realized Rik may have turned it off. I forgot to check. Anyway, I hope to play test Tuesday and Wednesday night a bit, and deliver it to you on Thursday or Friday, hopefully without any major problems.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:32   #92
Rik Meleet

I don't recall editting SoZ. I can't check now (work) but I kinda gareed with Gra that with AP the SoZ isn't that much of an issue.
Old 12-09-2005, 18:22   #93
grahamiam
Emperor

I finished updating the turn tracker request for Matrix as I don't believe anyone has issues with the order of play. It seems well thought out and should work fine
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 19:10   #94
Rik Meleet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

I don't recall editting SoZ. I can't check now (work) but I kinda gareed with Gra that with AP the SoZ isn't that much of an issue.
I checked: I did not alter the SoZ (still requires Ivory, still produces AC's every 5 turns and still costs the standard amount of shilelds). If Bedhead thinks that it needs to be changed, by all means do so. If BH doesn't think it needs to be changed, then it's fine for me, as long as everyone has a reasonable shot at it.
Old 13-09-2005, 09:02   #95
bed_head7

Yet another update. At the moment, no ivory on the map. I will probably change that. Some minor tweaking to make the starting positions somewhat more comparable seems to be in order. As it is, I accidentally gave a few civs too many of some things, and a few civs too few. If that makes any sense. Oh, just an aside to grahamiam - I never got a password from you, I don't think so at least, but I planned to assign you the same one you used in your game against me. Is that alright? Back on topic, I tried to give some different settling configuration possibilites to each player, as I really dislike the uniformity aspect of a lot of PBEMs, while also trying to give equality, more or less.
Old 13-09-2005, 09:40   #96
bed_head7

Okay, the map is probably horribly unbalanced in some way I did not foresee, but I am going to call it done anyway. Roughly the same production and food for each category (agricultural and non-agri), with a bit more of each for the non-agri. I tried to make teamwork a necessary part of thriving for any individual civ, so communicate. I also attempted to create some hot spots for fighting, but I am not sure how that worked out. My hope is that the geography does not dictate who attacks whom, but instead it is entirely up to diplomacy. Well, enough about the map.

Oh, almost forgot, I left ivory off the map by accident. Sorry. And grahamiam, your password is the same as it was in our game.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] 3x2_001a.zip
57.2KB

If you have any complaints, all I can say is I am sorry, and next time don't leave this up to me.
Old 13-09-2005, 12:26   #97
Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:My hope is that the geography does not dictate who attacks whom, but instead it is entirely up to diplomacy
Well it is an AW game so diplomacy is out of the window.

Thanks a lot bed_head!!
Old 13-09-2005, 12:34   #98
Mistfit
King

Thanks Bed Head! This is a great! I think it will be cool to see what your twisted mind comes up with for a map! I'm sure we will enjoy it!
Old 13-09-2005, 14:22   #99
grahamiam
Emperor

my apologies, but work will keep me out of town till Weds. Thanks for setting this up bedhead (and for setting my p/w)
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 15:08   #100
Rik Meleet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bed_head7

(..)And grahamiam, your password is the same as it was in our game. (..)
You realise that I know that password ? I made that map, so I put in that PW.

Not that I have even the slightest intention of using it...