Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ProPain's Forum
Home

Old 24-10-2012, 06:10   #11
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It is a funny write up, I really enjoyed. Never played the game and the main idea I got that it is on the boring side. That is in contrast with the write up here, quite enjoyable.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:59   #12
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paal View Post
Funniest part of this here writeup.
Even better, if they don't want to marry you you can diplospam them until they give in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
It is a funny write up, I really enjoyed. Never played the game and the main idea I got that it is on the boring side. That is in contrast with the write up here, quite enjoyable.
It's not boring, but it's a sandbox game without victory conditions. So you'll have to do a bit of roleplaying to make it worthwhile. Sometimes you have to wait for years before you can do anything, but since the game is real-time instead of turnbased, you can simply speed up the game. The game requires a substantial amount of micromanagement, even when there's not much to do though, so if you want to play perfectly speeding up isn't always an option.
Old 24-10-2012, 15:12   #13
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Thanks for the compliment. My write up is getting the wrong message across concerning the boredom. It's a great game but is has some mechanics that sometimes force you to wait for a while and that can be a tad boring. Totally garee with Shabba's post in that respect. But it really has one more turn qualities and is really addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Even better, if they don't want to marry you you can diplospam them until they give in.
Depends, sometimes I lack diplomats and I can do that. I do try to spend every 4th diplomat on a marriage request so not to wase diplomats. Same with magistrates: When I reach 4,5 and dont have anything usefull for one, I'll order a great painting in de the diplo menu to avoid wasting magistrate capacity.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 01:14   #14
ProPain

Time for the next 50 years of Brabantian conquest.

So after 1950 we gradually extend the Brabantian Empire. In 1556 we start colonizing present day Cuba and meet the Incas. They look rich and weak, nice. We do need to ship in troops to attack them and will take a while. It's a long journey from Andalucia to Havanna after all.

So first we concentrate on our mission to reconquer Bourgogne and in 1557 we cross the Burgundian border, our armies eager to avenge the unprovoked aggresion of 1399. 150 years may have passed but we haven't forgotten that hainous act! A lot of allies get involved on both sides and some serious troop movement ensues. In the end it proves to be an easy war and we add Bourgogne to our holding. Sweet revenge.

On the economy side we're doing great. Not only do have a vastly superior income our junior PU partner Castille isn't doing too shabby as well. And more money means: more troops

Too many chiefs, not enough indians
In 1560 we have troops in cuba and are ready to take on the Aztec army. Their troops are so weak it's almost embarrasing, at one point we crush an army 50% larger than our own. They seriously need to work on their war tactics. In 1562 we take some coastal provinces and around 1250 ducats. Thank you for financing your own doom Montezume. I'd rethink that strategy where you attack infantry with jaguar warriors though if I were you. After the americas we need to focus on Europe again, and we add Thuringen to the empire. We are growing some weird looking arm into the HRE here.

supersize me please
In 1563 is a year of sadness and glory. Jeanne finally dies. By this time I;m kinda sad though, I've grown attached to her. She ascended the throne at 15 years of age and ruled for 57 years. She guided us through tough wars, managed to land us an imperial crown more prestigious than that piece of junk HRE tiara and brought Brabantian civilization to savages both in the old and new world.

She also has a great parting gift.

Guillaume II inherites Brittany! Look at that beautifull green land extending all the way to the Aragon border. We still have a PU with Castille as well, once they embrace the brabant way of life the mediterranean sea will be our private pond Obviously she deserves a statue but Jeanne I didn't allow to have her photo taken. We'll have to make due with an engraving of her great-great-grandmother who ruled Brabant during the war of Burgundian agression in 1399.

Attached Images
File Type: png 1558_bourgwar.png (492.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png 1558_eco.png (664.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png 1563_thuringen.png (415.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png 1566_Brittany_inhereted.png (746.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png 1399_JohvB.png (354.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 27-10-2012, 01:19   #15
ProPain

live fast, die young and leave a beautiful corpse
Guillaume dies in 1566. His 3 year reign inspired a song

We dont inherite Castille or Brandenburg, he'll be forever known as Guillaume the x-eyed.

Jean IV ascends the throne, lets hope he takes after his grandmother.

Have we got contact, you and me?
Obviousle we need to connect our isolated provinces Toulouse and Rouergue. We vassalise Auverge and start a war against Foix the minute we get a border friction casu belli in 1585. Foix gets allies involved but it's an easy war anyway.

Great end result, Bearn and Armagnac are ours. Also deserves a song ( thought about Frank Boeijen, but decided on a more international approach)

To be continued,,,,,,,
Attached Images
File Type: png 1585_foixborderwar.png (337.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png 1588_foixconquered.png (579.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 27-10-2012, 23:02   #16
Shabbaman
Administrator

Why haven't you taken Utrecht yet?
Old 28-10-2012, 19:53   #17
ProPain

mostly because that will result in severe stab loss and +4 infamy. I don't have a CB and because they have a bishop as ruler I cannot marriage assimilate them. Also when I take em, I have to wait 50 years for Utrecht to core.

I've been hoping for a 'annex utrecht' mission since forever, didn't happen.

At this point I don't really care anymore, I dont think I'll form the Netherlands anyway. Brabant will rule the world!!!