Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ProPain's Forum
Home

Old 01-06-2004, 17:15   #11
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Matrix and Akots, no poblem in my spoiler, but there could have been embassy screenies here from Matrix for example.

On the cities:
I really still don't get the point your making about wanting them intact. How exactly did you expect to get them intact while at war?

On the (sneak) attack:
Well, in human/human games I generally expect the worse. So no peace deal is no peace deal not even if you have a lux deal, which is technically not a peace deal. But that's the way I look at it, there a LOT of different opinions on that.

My plans
But I was hoping to have first strike with my nukes, maybe get 'Our words are backed by nuclear weapons' diplo deal. Didn't really decided who'd be the first to receive the nukes, the diplo would have decided that. Those troops on your island where there for deterance. I didn't want to tempt you into attacking early because my cities were ill defended.

I was planning on scrolling down the cities and rushbuy those nukes, but not sure if I could afford many. I saved up for ages, didn't spend much on rushing or reconning cities, but rushing nukes is expensive. Maybe if I could have nuked your and Matrix' uranium, I could have bought some time where I could build more nukes and you couldnt. Had other drawbacks as that would have meant leaving my workers on my uranium to reconnect after the inevitable stealth bomber attacks.

But the 2 sided war made me end it, even with nukes attacking Matrix meant disbanding my two lone towns on your island and left my 2nd island in the open for any attack.

On the production. (taken from the open thread)
I've shuffled my production a bit in turn 4 or something when I optimised for manhattan. At that point I manually adjusted all my cities and I'm pretty sure I got the most shields possible. If not than I made a mistake. Don't think that would have mattered much, more MM would have lifted me to no1 position in mfg or even in 4th. I had some pollution at some point which forced me to adjust the production, because I needed to import my workers from the other island.

Anyway I hope you all have fun finishing the game. I'll be leaving for Ecuador next saturday, so I'll be seeing the final results when I get back in July I presume.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 23:25   #12
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

1.1KB
Old 15-04-2005, 01:49   #13
Melifluous
Administrator

the
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote