Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 15-01-2005, 03:03   #11
grs
The Nameless One

If you did not take it with the impi....well... I could imagine something evil the horse could have tried.
Old 21-01-2005, 22:43   #12
Kingreno

The Egyptian horses were friendly asked to leave the place, and they, albeit slowly, did.

turn 122. I am progressing very slowly against the annoying Inca. Main reason are the massive losses at Cuzco. I only have 10 offensive units left to attack them with while the core, as planned is building Universities. Only Zimbabwe adds to the war with a knight every 2 turns.
The downside of a slow (but careful) war against the Inca is greatly compensated by the low unit costs and Universities comming online. I am experiencing something very rare for a zulu; I am techleader!

But first things first. I allied the Japanese against the Inca for the reason that I do not want the Inca to ally them against me. They are of minor help. The lands:

122.69KB

There are some troops ready to take Vilcas in two turns. Ollaytambo is building Leo's and I am waiting for it to be finished (small chance). The southern part with the mountains gave some particularly nasty and slow combat.
For the core, the FP is in Ngome. All cities on Knights will keep building military. The rest will do banks, though those are not useful now at all.
Erikk, is leading in Pop! How is a mystery to me as he has not conquered a lot of Mayastan yet, he declared war 2 turns ago:

46.81KB

Of course, starved Incan cities don't contribute that much to Pop...

the f11, Erikk is very likely alos in a GA.

16.98KB

Since he has a long GA ahead I must be very cautious. A tech gap is easily achieved with the speed of a GA. The good news is that we profited greatly from the actions undertaken by Erikk! Erikk has allied the Chinese, Russians and Ottomans against the Maya. He must have paid a heavy price for this as Russia and Ottomans were great partners of Mayastan. Before the war, Mayans were the techleaders and all the AI paid them for their techs. By declaring war there was a sudden ammount of "open" gpt thatwas cancelled due to war!
I got banking first and become techleader, no AI has a tech I have not.

Russia:

6.78KB

Ottomans:

6.15KB

Mayans, with Erikk nearing the gates of their capitol:

7.44KB

Russia to prevent a backstab. (I hope):

6.24KB

I AM AMAZED. These lads have tons of cash. Now, only russia seems to have some spare gpt left (30). The rest of the civs, Japan, China and Inca are poor and dumb. Erikk now lacks Astro and Banking.
The new financial situation for Zululand:

18.65KB

I need lux at 10% but techs are in 4 turns now! Shaka is happy!

The MM:

6.72KB

Old 23-01-2005, 01:35   #13
Kingreno

Progressing! Well sort'a

Respawn AI player is on.

After conquering the last of the incans I did not spot the anticipated message that the Weak Inca have been destroyed.
A turn later:

21.82KB

the stack has a setler, a worker, 3 Longbows and 3 spears. I move a lot of knights from the Old Inca lands this way but it is a very long walk...
4 turns later:

50.64KB

Forces are being redirected but the newly conquered lands remain in flipdanger where they should not have been. On the bright side this may get me a leader.
Speaking of which we finaly got one at the end of the Conquest. We now have one army of Knights.

Some other story.

In thinking what to do next Shaka the Bold has thought of a plan to attack Erikk. WE got the World map some turns ago and the map really nice! Great work Beam:

8.76KB

Very full now, but there is always the back door! In 2 turns 4 caravels will sail for Erikk's land.

67.97KB

As can be seen, I have Cav! And the best thing is that at the moment I land there is no way Erikk will have cav yet! I now have a monopoly on MilTrad with everyone getting Metallurgy from me only this turn.
The route is short:

73.96KB

Erikk has a very very dense build and My cav will like that. I should be able to cityhop some bit.

There is also a rogue mission of 3 elites:

61.06KB

But they seem a bit stuck at the moment...

On the Domestic front the world is still paying for the just cause:

18.02KB

More soon!
Old 23-01-2005, 02:23   #14
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:WE got the World map some turns ago and the map really nice! Great work Beam

It took a while to get this idea and many maps generated in the editor to get the central part of the map. Both your subcontinent and erikk's are based on an island in that map. Everything is modified and the "steering wheel" entered by hand.

Pretty evil plans btw.
Old 23-01-2005, 18:43   #15
Kingreno

EDIT: ERIKK SURRENDERED!

I am basicly not a very friendly guy in PBEM's, though some may argue that goes for IRL too.

First Phase completed:

41.11*KB

I declared war before entering his territory. I told erikk of this declaration by email. He will be surprised.
Old 23-01-2005, 19:06   #16
ERIKK

Nice spoiler. Like I said in my spoiler + email I needed a bit more time but OTOH if you did not
lost 16 units on Cuzco things would have been different too.
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote