Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 26-03-2005, 16:13   #31
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Finished all things for the Mod, except actually editing them in the biq. Once KR is ready it will take me about an hour of editing or so and some time to test and correct.
Old 26-03-2005, 16:25   #32
Kingreno

Biq sent!
Old 26-03-2005, 18:14   #33
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

New small wonders for building the following units: Artie, Infantery (each player will get both from the start), Tanks, Fighter, Bomber, Destroyer, Battleship, MechInf, Modern Armor, Stealth Fighter, Stealth Bomber, Jet Fighter, Cruise Missile (from memory, I might have forgotten one or two)
What does that mean? You need to build these wonders to be able to build those units? Or such a wonder built gives such a unit every X turns?

In both cases they could've been left out IMO. But I will you all like it...
Old 26-03-2005, 18:32   #34
Dell19
King

They produce the units every X turns. I don't mind trying them.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 20:24   #35
Beam
c00l b33r

Finished implementation of the mods and basic testing and correction. Couple of things to discuss:
- Should it be possible to trigger GA's or not? If not I'll have to do something with the few Great Wonders left.
- What government do we start with or can we choose the government ourselves?
- We all start with about 20 cities and 400 units. That means massive upkeep costs! To make that number of units bearable we would have to massively increase unit support limits, like have a certain number of units without support of increase unit / city. Your feedback appreciated.

The size of the mod is about 7 to 8MB mainly due to wondersplashes. It is easy to install and doesn't override any existing files.

Last but not least: I really recommend we do a testgame for a very few turns on a small map to make sure everything works ok.
Old 26-03-2005, 21:51   #36
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

GA - better not imho.
We can start in Republic.
That is a lot of units out there! Some increase in support would be appropriate but we can playtest this.
Old 26-03-2005, 22:03   #37
Kingreno

I will make it so that all can choose a Gov at the beginning of the turn.
Old 26-03-2005, 22:22   #38
Beam
c00l b33r

KR proposed to have GA lenght set at 1 turn (0 turns might give unpredictable behaviour) so even if it triggers its effects are marginal, I think that's OK.

Would be fun if everybody can choose it's government at the start, we indeed should do something about unit upkeep.

Question for the Butchers: is it possible to upload a 3 MB file or is it better mailed to one of the Butchers and uploaded? Maybe more people like to try this one out.
Old 26-03-2005, 22:56   #39
Beam
c00l b33r

This mammoth project is close to completion, KR and me have worked near double shifts yesterday and today and we basically can start to create the sav now. Please post your PM to the King and unzip this file in your ..\Conquests\Scenario directory. Make sure it keeps the directory paths intact! The zip also contains a biq with no map so you can see what has changed.

Placeholder for zip.
Old 26-03-2005, 23:08   #40
Kingreno

Map Made

Civs: 4 civs, each with equal traits, 20 cities and aprox 400 units, all carefully selceted for your needs.
Akots:Rome
Matrix:Egypt
Beam:Greece
Dell19:France

All are: Ind/rel/com/sea/agri/mil

the civ specific Units are a thing of the past, you shall not be able to build them.

Era: End of the IA. Motorised Transportation is the last tech to be researched to go Modern!

Mods: Uhm. yes! Well, mainly the small wonders, as in Beams table, but the Civliopedia is 99.99% up to date. Other changes include Governments, mainly the added 250 Units FREELY supported under all govts. You will understand this once you get glimpse of the map. As you will all begin in anarchy the first thing popping up is the government select screen. If you click the cross you can check out the map without moving units , reload and select a govt based on your strategy.

GA: You should not get one, though weirder things have happened. If you manage to trigger it some way you get a ONE-TURN GA. I know at least one way to get it.

Units: setler is now 4 pop and 60 shields

Great Wonders: Some have been made small. Leo's, Mahattan, suffrage and Magellan.

Small wonders: 2 have already been built! Heroic Epic and FP! the rest is normal, sort'a.

Easter Eggs: Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist.

I have the save ready here but first you need to get some stuff installed on your PC. Mainly some folders with the new civlopedia entrees, and also a spytool that lets me see your private email. Have fun!

Edit:I made up the passwords. too late!