Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 14-03-2004, 19:52   #1
Snowman

Default PBEM game

Just registered. Interested in finding a game.
PTW 1.27
First time playing through a forum.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 05:39   #2
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

snowman, welcome to CDZ!

I do not play PTW games anymore, but i a sure you will find an opponent!
Old 15-03-2004, 07:22   #3
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Snowman, welcome to CDZ!

I can't play myself as my running games take up too much time as it is and apparently I need to work also. You might wanna include the level you wanna play on in your post and your preferred map settings if you have any.

PP
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 11:05   #4
anarres
anarchist butcher

If you can 'find' yourself a copy of C3C you will get many more takers too - most people have switched now...
Old 15-03-2004, 15:02   #5
Markstar
King

Hi and welcome to CDZ!

Well, since I also seem to be one of the few guys who did not REALLY switch to C3C, I would love to play with you.

The problem is that creating a PTW game is pretty difficult nowadays since it requires an older version of PTW to make it work right (or so I'm told, I actually have never tried it).

But maybe we can just start a random game.
Something like this: You (or me) host a random game and the other one gets a veto (or two, ...) so that the starts are not too unfair (like starting in the middle of the desert).

I'm open to pretty much anything, but would prefer a ladder game (to make sure nobody pulls out in the middle of the game for no reason).
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 23:01   #6
Snowman

If you would host the game I am also open to what ever you want to set up.
Old 18-03-2004, 15:28   #7
Markstar
King

Alright, we have many options here.
Of course the easiest would be if you had an instant messenger like ICQ, MSM, etc. so we could discuss it online.

For me to host a PTW game, I'd need your preferred preferences.

For example, if you rather want a short (smaller map) or a longer game with more units.

To host a game we need to agree on those terms first so I can tell you which Civ I'd want. Usually I take Iroquois, but depending on the difficulty level you want to play I might change that.

Also, personally I like 'Accelerated Production', since it speeds things up considerably. Also, I like larger maps and not so much archipelago. Any difficulty is alright for me.

But as I said, I'm open to pretty much everything. To start a game, we can do two things:
- You tell me your settings, I tell you which civ I'd like and you host a game (or the other way around with settings that could look roughly like this: large map, continents, 6 AIs, wet, temperate, restless barbs, YOUR choice of difficulty, AP).
- Or, we just meet at certain time online (in the Civ-lounge) and create the map while we're there. This would have the advantage that we can be sure nobody created a map until he got a perfect starting spot (like 3 cattles or something).

In any case I would say that each of us gets at least one veto.

I will write you a personal message with my email address so you can contact me directly.
Old 19-03-2004, 19:42   #8
Snowman

You can host the game. Large map, continents, 6 AIs, wet, temperate, restless barbs sounds good. I usually play on Monarch but would be willing to move up one level of difficulty. My civ. will be the Celts. I will send you an e-mail.
Old 19-03-2004, 23:58   #9
Markstar
King

Hehe, was working on a reply, then on making the map and when I got back you wrote me a pm!

I see that attempting to set up a fair map might not be that easy. Those were my first two starts:

[img]http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Markstar/2004319232328_toogood.jpg[/i

34.83KBmg]
24.66KB

Since I don't want to raise any suspicions about taking advantage of the situation, I decided not to take either. But even my third aproach was not too bad (after I used my scout, which is a , so I thought I might just post the picture of my start so you can see for yourself if you want to go ahead or not (maybe we can both post our starts).

33.09KB

If you don't want it you can try one.

Anyways, I sent the save to your hotmail account (even though I'd strongly suggest a 'regular' account for PBEM, but that's just my opinion.).
Old 20-03-2004, 01:19   #10
Snowman

I,ve sent my move. My starting position is similar to yours. Will load my start soon as I learn how to do a screen shot and upload it.