Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 04-02-2007, 21:10   #11
Whomp
King

I've thought about that. I think I can do that at St. Petersburg and Yaroslav.
Old 04-02-2007, 23:51   #12
Whomp
King

Searborne assaults were successful. Here's the demographics so I can compare to the previous turn. I think Barbu may be in trouble.

111.29 KB

I lost a cat and horse archer taking St. Petersburg but...

131.24*KB

My cat retreated and I lost a prat but Yaroslav....

130.71*KB

Old 04-02-2007, 23:56   #13
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Grats! That must have been a severe psychological blow, getting 2 towns razed out of the blue, literally...
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 00:02   #14
Whomp
King

Thanks Beorn. This is one big difference between civ3 and civ4. The defense gets a 50% increase in defense bonus from the sea but it wasn't enough. I actually lost two units where the odds were over 60% and 70% to win and the RNG was unkind but I was at 100% on the winning horse archer and prat.

I have more powerful units coming too. Knights, prats and cats. I may land them in France's territory since Barbu doesn't have open borders with France.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:06   #15
BCLG100
Deity

did you raze the cities? i really hope you did, either way congrats on the landings. try and bribe the other civs into war with barbu also.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:22   #16
Whomp
King

Both were razed and the other two will fight each other but not Barbu.

He has nothing to offer techwise so I doubt he can bring them into the fight especially Napoleon since their relations are not particularly good. Huyana on my continent hasn't been met and my qualifier is +18 so I doubt he'll ever be able to bring him in either.
Old 11-02-2007, 18:51   #17
Whomp
King

The end is near as two more cities were razed. Since his relations with France were horrible I was able to use the open borders to hide. I wasn't sure what he'd do Novgorod but he moved a LB out to cover Yekateringburg.

129.76KB

137.29KB

162.3KB

164.42KB
Old 17-02-2007, 21:12   #18
barbu1977
Emperor

OK, I give up. I wanted to at least meet everyone in the game, but apparently I came too close to you lands.

Congrats on your victory.

Notes to self.
- Learn to better wage war. A long and useless war against Napoleon realy cripled my economy.
- Watch out mapmakers while making rivers trought deser tiles. They won't turn out imidiatly into floodplains. My second city build into the desert did not help me.
- Knights are not very helpfull in this game.

Thanks for the game
Old 17-02-2007, 23:13   #19
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Conga Rats Bernie boy.

May you invest people's money wisely for many many years to come
Old 18-02-2007, 01:07   #20
Whomp
King

Thanks Barbu for the game, Akots for the map and Paalie for the conga rats.

Barbu I can give you a save if you'd like to see my continent.

I think the keys to victory were:
1. Two short wars with prats against the English. Those prats are powerful with city raider. I was able to get to raider IV with one of them. The English cities turned into my strongest cities but early the toll economically was big.
Chianti (York) turned into a GP farm with lots of food while Ferragamo (Nottingham), Brunello (Hastings) and Ferrari (London Glib and Mil. Acad.) become monster cities for me. Without these conquests there's no way I could have kept pace.
2. Relations with Huyana. The final modifier with Huyana was around +18. I really took care of him in our relationship with gifts, his religion/civics and trades. He even reciprocated with gifts and later my borders were empty with units.
3. Optics and the circumnavigate bonus. This really helped in a multitude of ways. Speed and trading with Barbu's ally Hattie along with his enemy Nappy.
4. Naval assaults. Unfortunately, Barbu learned the hard way when I hit him from the sea on both sides.
5. Pop rushing, farming and food. This was such a powerful technique to maximize food when I was rushing prats, courts, libs and forges.

129.87KB

Final big picture view.

109.39KB