Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 12-11-2006, 19:29   #1
Whomp
King

Default Game over ***Spoiler*** Barbu vs. Whomp civ4 pbem

to Barbu

OK it's been much too long for me to create this spoiler. Barbu and I are each on a continent with 2 AI. I'm Romans with the English and Huyana. Thanks to akots for the map. Akots gave us a fair amount of jungle, desert and reasonably limited resources so this game has been a challenge for me.

My prats rushed Liz once and left her with 2 cities. I declared again 2 turns ago so she should be gone soon.

In hindsight Huyana may have been better to eliminate since Liz had a pretty good GNP and research rate. I'm currently researching CoL (which she has) and it's going very slow since my conquest has cost me dearly in maintainence and happiness. The capital has two angry citizens but I hope to have that rectified with sugar and spices coming online. I should have gems within the next 10 turns.

A view of the cultural borders

102.86*KB

Conquest of the English

94.84*KB
The resources

95.94*KB

Demographics

80.66*KB

Old 12-11-2006, 19:52   #2
BCLG100
Deity

Hmm basically you need to decide whether to go cottage economy or GP economy, i prefer the GP economy as it means you always have larger cities-therefore the ability to switch to production etc if need be and also because-who cares if a farm gets detroyed whereas if a town gets pillaged then your in deep doo doo, basically if you build libs in them cities and have some scientists in all of them you should be able to get under double figure research for them at about 50% if need be though dont run at 50%- run at 0% or 100% this way the gold/beaker numbers arnt rounded down and you get the maximum amount for each

until you get them sugar and stuff though you should use the whip to get rid of unhappy citizens-high food cities -which looking at the map you dont seem to have that many of, you should really build some farms to get your cities to grow because this will increase just about everything else, you probably have the largest number of *Actual* troops but because of your lowish pop this isnt obvious-good or bad thing you decide

it'll also be very difficult to take out nottingham due to its hills/archers/culturaldefence/archer promos- until cats it probably isnt even worth trying, if there are any other cities you should focus on them and raze em , leave nottingham for awhile- Liz aint going to be able to keep up in tech so you can even wait till grens-if you really really want too!

good thing about rome is that when you get CoL you get cheap courthouses-so whip/chop your way to these as quickly as possible, id settle south of that stone because it'll get you the stone and the fihies-the stone leads to some v good wonders if you can get it hooked up quick enough for instance not sure what date it is but the pyramids would be usefull.

erm thats all theres probably more that better players will pick up on

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 03:38   #3
Whomp
King

OK here's a little update. I've taken Liz down to one desert city. Barbu's continent is cranking out wonders like crazy. Huyana on my continent continues to be strong in most all of the essential categories and relations are very good.
Demographically, speaking

80.65KB
The wonder cities

85.2KB
The north view

61.22KB
Another

52.32KB

South view

95KB
Old 31-12-2006, 21:25   #4
Whomp
King

Things have been moving along at a pretty good clip. We're at 1110 AD. I eliminated England awhile back with a prat rush. Infrastructure, GPs and food and rushing have been the order of the day recently. Relations with the Incans are very good (+14 modifier). They are really cruising along with my help.

153.85*KB
I'm researching machinery to optics so I can go find my adversary. Recently I finished the Great Lib and the capital is currently working on Colossus.

145.27*KB

Here's the demographics. As you can see my population is pretty low right now since I've been pop rushing food for hammers.
I think Barbu is fighting it out for space right now since someone's GNP is 18.

111.39*KB

A view from above. There's an island I found when more borders expanded. I was hoping it was Barbu but no luck. The island is fairly desolete with iron and fish as the only resources (now).

90.37*KB
Old 27-01-2007, 21:54   #5
Whomp
King

Ok here's an update. I will have astronomy next turn. Relations between Huyana and I are very solid with a +17 modifier. I've met all of Barbu's continental neighbors since I was first to optics and will have the circumnavigation bonus. It seems he's struggling against Napoleon and Napoleon is building wonders like they're going out of style. I've signed Open borders with both of his neighbors and just dropped off an explorer
Here's the current tech advantage. I hope to get guilds from Huyana next turn since I've picked up theo from Hattie and will trade theo and optics to Huyana next turn. Barbu doesn't look like he'll be able to trade with her since he won't have anything to offer.
Here's the tech edge.

120.12*KB
Here's the power situation and wonders built. It's nice to see Napoleon built Chichen Itza. I hope to use this to my advantage in attacking him.

90.06*KB

Top five cities.

122.13 KB

Here's his relationship with Napoleon. I think he'll be a good war ally along with Huyana.

89.71*KB

and Hatty. I've been trading some techs with Hatty and will be able to trade with Huyana for guilds next turn.

97.93*KB

Here's a global view of where they are at.

55.86*KB

The demographics look very positive as I'm exploding on GNP and crop yield.
Taking out the Brits early has been very rewarding since those cities are extremely productive. I'll be able to ramp up production when it's time.

111.61*KB
Old 27-01-2007, 22:02   #6
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Barbu is that much cuter, Whomp.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 22:03   #7
Whomp
King

Notice the power of the bald guy Beorn.
Old 28-01-2007, 09:12   #8
Beorn
Disabled Vet

BALD 4, WALK !
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 19:10   #9
Whomp
King

OK I think it's time. I have a large tech lead on Barbu and versus the others on his continent so it will be difficult for him to bribe the Egyptians and French into a war. His coastal defenses are pretty slim so I plan to go in and raze these cities. I have two galleons that can land next turn and two more within 2 turns.

Novograd has two archers and a galley inside.

137.94*KB

Rostov will be avoided.

129.8*KB

But Yaroslavl should be a little easier to hit

125.09*KB

If I can deal the death kneel on St. Petersburg it could be lights out.

113.15*KB

The demographics look very good.

111.45 KB
Old 04-02-2007, 21:06   #10
BCLG100
Deity

dont underestimate the power of a full on seabourne assault- yes its minu 50% but it would also mean barbu cant bring in reinforcements and also any troops not used can stay out of danger on the boat.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote