Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 24-10-2004, 05:16   #1
grahamiam
Emperor

Default Spoiler - Killer vs grahamiam - Kingreno's Map

This is the spoiler to my 1st pbem, up against Killer. Map kindly provided by Kingreno who also altered the rules to make me the Hittites but with Arabian traits and toned down the SoZ to a small wonder, producing a horseman every 5T. It'll be interesting to see how that works out. It'll definitely compliment my style which is to normally build less flatfoot and many more swiftfoots.

Here's our start, after moving the scout and the worker. Level is emporer, barbs are on, other details are murky.

71.06*KB
food-o-rama I strongly debated moving the settler NE, E to the plain but decided that it would not be worth it and a good settler factory (4T if i did the math right) is possible at the present location.

grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 05:27   #2
grahamiam
Emperor

and here we are after 10T. I popped a settler from that hut shown above and moved it 3T SW to settle (gets the fish. BG, and food on expansion). Killer told me he got a settler also, and it seems he got his at the exact same time i did. based on the score, i don't think he moved it. probably not a big deal. of course, in hindsight (and if I could see into the blackness), I would have gone for the ivory.

69.05*KB

Present direction is to scout S and E, see if I can find anyone + huts. Researching Myst at max as it's available 2nd tier tech and I really don't want to pop it. Also, there are at least 4 civ's with alpha. Once I buy or pop alpha, I'll go full steam for philosophy. I've popped 2 more huts, getting Bronze Working (T8) and maps (T10). Building a warrior for MP duty (will need another for the settler factory), and a worker for, well, work

we're probably taking a break on this game for a while as i'm going out of town till Oct 31st and I believe Killer is gone for most of November.

Old 24-10-2004, 09:31   #3
Pastorius
Custard used tile

He is. Damn

Oh well, that makes me feeling not so guilty for not playing our game all november then [michief]

Looks like you ve got a friendly mapmaker in your game there man. I like the look of the lands, and it will be interesting to follow your path to glory? or gory....
Old 22-12-2004, 06:13   #4
grahamiam
Emperor

moving slowly. finally up to turn 31, settler pump is up and running and i'm going to claim land.

Met the Dutch in turn 14, Mayan in turn 17, Japan turn 24, and Byz in turn 26. research is slow, with my myst run not paying off well at all. On turn 19, i finished myst and was able to buy alpha from the Dutch for Myst +2gpt, and 44g. However, alpha + myst would not get me WC from the Mayans and 1 turn later all trade opportunities with the Mayan and Dutch were blown.

On turn 24, I had met Japan, and was able to get the Wheel for Myst and 2gpt. With that, I was able to buy WC fromt he dutch for the Wheel and 1gpt. Everyone is up Mas now, except the Byz which are down wheel and wc iirc.

GH luck is going very well. Got the following from them:
Turn 2: settler
Turn 8: BW
Turn 10: maps
Turn 13: warrior
Turn 21: maps
Turn 27: town

Killer leads by 19 or so, probably due to him getting his pump setup before me or better GH luck. He claims that he fucked-up the calcs but i don't believe that too much. We'll see, if the scores track each other, then i know he's pretty much lying but if i sudden surge due to all the settlers, then i'll know that he did as he stated.

Now, just have to get the new outlying towns to build more workers. I'm planning on setting up Tarsus as a half-assed worker pump, as the grass and wheat FP (NE of town) will help that town get up to 3 or 4 spt and 4 or 5 fpt.

Pic shows town before it was MM'd off the forest and onto a FP.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:18   #5
grahamiam
Emperor

turn 51

Killer claims to be 1T from getting Monarchy. He beat me to writing by 3T on turn 42 or 43, then sold it to everyone, probably to gain tech parity. all i know, it made it cheap enough for me to research in 1T after that (turn 44). however, i had no idea wheather he held onto it for a little while or sold it right away. i assumed the worst and figured the philo run was lost, so went to Math instead. from his latest email, it seems that it was the right choice as the fastest I could do it in was 9 or 10T, depending on scientists, so I would have lost handily. now, at least i have something he may want.

I am even in techs except with Mayan (down Poly) and killer (probably down philo and poly + monarchy). not really worried as i still have a chance to get out of the AA 1st and i have moved ahead of him in terms of # of cities, most of which are on rivers . Ivory connected on the ibt so i can build KingReno's idea of what the SoZ should be. also, barracks will be completed soon and i can populate those rear mountains that killer saw with spears.

i also renamed a couple of towns for his wandering dingy so he's knows how i feel about him

96.79KB

22.39KB
Old 18-01-2005, 16:21   #6
grahamiam
Emperor

there's a minor issue with this game. when kingreno monkeyed with the hittite's settings, he replaced the UU with a rider like unit, but did not give me the ability to make normal chariots (the 1.1.2 variety) that i can quickly build and cheaply upgrade.

not sure what i should do about it? any suggestions? should i ask killer not to build them or just not mention it so he doesn't know my weakness (and it's really not that much of a weakness)?
Old 18-01-2005, 16:40   #7
Kingreno

Yes, looking at the editor now I realise that I forgot to mark the chariot available to hittites. I cannot see an outgame fix on this so I recommend getting HBR a bit sooner then you may have wanted. sorry!
Old 18-01-2005, 17:09   #8
grahamiam
Emperor

ok, thanks for verifying
Old 15-02-2005, 04:48   #9
grahamiam
Emperor

ok, we keep moving, albeit at a slow pace due to time differences and busy schedules.

Up to turn 84 now, and i'm getting ready to make life uncomfortable for Killer. At this point in the game, he's had an early war with the byz (which netted him 2 workers as far as I can tell), which severly crippled them, giving him a lot of room to expand into. For myself, I have not fought anyone, just being a nice, congenial, trading Hittite

Tech's gained:
turn 56 Math (self research)
turn 57 Philo + Poly (bought from Mayan for Math + 2gpt + 24g)
turn 59 HBR (bought from Japan for Poly, straight up)
turn 62 MM (bought from Dutch for Poly and HBR)
turn 63 Monarch (bought from Killer for HBR and Math)
turn 73 Currency (self research)
turn 80 Lit (self research)
turn 82 Construction (bought from Dutch for Currency and Monarchy)
And we enter the MA slower than I like, but 2 techs ahead of Killer (he's down Construction and CoL atm)

Also, on turn 82, I gifted the Byz into the MA, they drew Fuedalism so I am researching Mono.

sitrep, turn 70

107.47KB

sitrep, turn 84

119.14KB

The land between Killer and I is very close, only 1 tile of coastal waters seperate us. I'v' go 2 swords in Ankuwa and another on the way. Also, 2 galleys are in the area. I plan on sending 6 swords and a horse and archer down to look for dino do-do Hopefully, i can gather it in the next 10 turns, while he's still expanding towards the Byz.
Old 31-03-2005, 06:19   #10
grahamiam
Emperor

time to start making killer uncomfortable

horse landed on the hill, then I saw the vino and decided to go for it!

I got mudslingers lined up on my coast to join the fun. plus a pike or 2 and a settler to make overseas transfers quicker. He'll probably get the Dutch to come after me but they are not very strong.