Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > anarres' forum
Home

Old 07-09-2003, 22:51   #11
anarres
anarchist butcher

81 - Sell Construction to France for Literature.

Sell Lit to Germany for WM and 118 gold.

91 - Since I got Lit I've been building Libraries. They came so fast I didn't notice Republic creep up on me! I go to anarchy straight away, back in 5 more turns.

93 - Jack just rushed and completed the Great Library. I sell and give techs to everyone so he can't make money or peace with them, and can't buy MA's against me.

96 - Become Republic.

97 - Germany and France get Monotheism. I wait a turn to buy it to make sure Jack has it (to lower the cost).

Buy Mono for 586 gold and 11 gpt for the Germans. Get 2 luxs form China and some gold from Japan for it.

105 - France has Theology. I will wait for Jack to get it and then go for Education @ Max.

111 - Buy Theology from China for 666 gold and 10 gpt. Get Chivalry from the Spanish for Theology, I am suprised Jack missed gifting it to them...

119 - Declare war on France. I take no losses and capture 3 cities! France now has only Iron, I have both their horses.

128 - Germany demand TM and 20 gold, I give it.

129 - At last I take PAris and build my FP nearby with my leader. I have many settlers heading north to build my scond core.

135 - I have all but one French city. There is one productive city left to build, and space for a few corrupt ones for workers.

I decide to leave 1 Frence city and make peace. I get Engineering, Printing Press, Education, 26 gold and 1 gpt.

I get Invention, WM and 15 gold for Education and Printing Press from Arabia.

147 - Research Metallurgy. I have been building infrastructure, the Germans are being taken care of by the Spanish, and I have taken anisolated German city near me.

152 - The Spanish also get Metallurgy so I sell it to the Chinese for 64gpt and 173 gold. I wanted Physics from the Chinese, but was just a little short of cash. I was hoping they would sell it to someone so I could afford it.

154 - Research Military Tradition.
Old 20-09-2003, 19:06   #12
anarres
anarchist butcher

155 - My 20 turns of peace has ended with the French. I take out the last 2 French cities with Cossacks and trigger my GA.

Now I pay China 17 gpt for an MA against the Germans. Since my Rep was broken with Germany I should be able to do gpt deals.

hehe, I pay China 141 gpt for Physics. Now I pay China 618 gpt for Theory of Gravity, Magnetism, Democracy, Music Theory, Navigation, 96 gold and WM. And finally, I declare war on China.

Cool, I get Steam Power for my free tech!

159 - My MA with Spain against Germany runs out and I take a couple of Spanish cities.

160 - Make peace with Germany and pay 300 gpt for Medicine and MA's agianst Rome, China, and Spain. Instantly declare war again.

161 - Take 4 Spanish cities for minimal loss. I am buildign Libs and Uni's almost exclusively, with Markets and Banks after.

163 - Take another Spanish city and raze it. In it's place goes my own city grabbing Incense, my 6th lux.

Make peace with China and get Nationalism and an MA against Jack and Germany for 650 gpt. I immediately redeclare war.

164 - Take 2 German cities including Dyes, my 7th local lux. I am only missing Gems, and the 3 in our world are on the border between Jack and China.

I get 12 gpt and 8 gold, and a 1 tile island city near Jack from Spain, and 16 gpt and 7 gold from Germany for peace.
Old 21-09-2003, 01:01   #13
Skyfish

That damned reputation/peace bug ! Not fair
Old 11-10-2003, 02:23   #14
anarres
anarchist butcher

168 - Research Replacable Parts.

Give Arabia Dyes, Furs and 2 gpt for an MA against Jack. He has a couple of cities securing a lux on the Arabian peninsula.

171 - AT LAST!!! China will talk and they give 120 gold for peace. I come out of war-time mobilisation and reset all my cities.

The 4 Spanish cities left make a quick treat for my Cossacks, they are gone.

172 - Research Scientific Method and set my pre-build to get the ToE this turn.

I take Atomic Theory and Electronics as my two free techs, and rush Hoovers with my leader. I am quite far ahead in tech now, and I can afford to sell Rlectricity without helping Jack too much from it. I get 54 gpt from China and 43 gpt from Germany.

173 - Complete Hoover Dam.

Make an RoP with Arabia so I can get to Jack. I also want to build roads to connect our empires so I can take their cities in a bit.

176 - I get bored waiting for factories and building Infra that I decide to take out the Arabs before they build any Riflemen or get to Infs. I take 5 out of their 10 cities with my (smallish) stack of 23 Cav and lots of support workers. They have lots most of their resources and are effectively crippled already.

177 - Research Industrialization. Raze an Arab city and capture another.

8.19KB