Yes, dm rules are better for gameplay 2 22.22%
No, it's not better 3 33.33%
Only if I'm not the sucka getting whacked 0 0%
I eat boogers 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-10-2007, 15:00   #11
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I really enjoy RTS and the nervewrecking there, but this is much worse: you don't play real-time as fast as you can, you have to actually wait for a fast draw kind of duel, every damned turn. CIV is not built for real-time.

Maybe if there was a, say, 3-4 hours margin during which you can't move at the beginning and end of every turn, it'd be a bit better but even then, it'd be in favor of whoever is in the right timezone during that turn. Might slow down the game though, like every other solution to DM problems.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 16:40   #12
killercane
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

DM is stupid. It was never in the original (SP) game, so to me it's against the spirit of the game. It turns the game into a " who logs in first/last game" (or who lives in the better timezone, who gets out of bed earlier, who isn't away for the weekend), and I don't like that. I have the same issue with simultaneous moves: it makes the game some form of dexterity game, like a RTS. If I wanted to be the quickest to select units and attack with them I would play starcraft instead of civ.

Rules against DM would slow down the game as well, so that's not that good as well.
I agree. You do feel guilty using it but sometimes you are at an extreme disadvantage if you dont.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 18:19   #13
Whomp
King

I don't like double moves. As Matrix said those with the most time get the benefit. What I think is fair is a timeframe say at the 20 hour on the clock. That gives the attackee time to respond but not delay the game.

Oh and I eat boogers.