Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 11-11-2006, 15:11   #101
BCLG100
Deity

who says 'good luck' in a trash talking thread and means it!!!!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 20:12   #102
Whomp
King

I really don't like trashing Darkness since he and I are on the same page 100% of the time in the NFL thread trashing the Cowgirls.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:37   #103
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I really don't like trashing Darkness since he and I are on the same page 100% of the time in the NFL thread trashing the Cowgirls.

Zarn just basically has blinders on when it comes to his beloved cowgirls...
Old 13-11-2006, 09:12   #104
Darkness

Hey Whomp: We're both winning this week!
Old 13-11-2006, 15:32   #105
Whomp
King

Good work Darkness! Yesterday was insane both fantasy wise and upset wise.

I took Jacksonville in the last man standing pool, another took New England and the last person took Denver. I hedged Jacksonville by betting Houston straight up (odds) and later bet the 2nd half of the Denver game so I didn't win the pool but ended up making out ok.
Old 13-11-2006, 15:59   #106
Darkness

Quote:

I took Jacksonville in the last man standing pool
Why????

Houston owns Jacksonville! The Texans are 6-4 all time against the Jaguars and 15-48 against the rest of the league...

I probably would've taken Denver, but with Plummer throwing 3 picks and an overall mediocre game for the Broncos it was actually a lot closer than I had expected.

Indeed a pretty strange week. Big upsets by Cleveland, NY Jets, San Francisco and Miami. Almost upsets by Buffalo, Tennessee and St. Louis. A huge score-fest with Cincinnati falling to San Diego 41-49...

I'm just happy that Marc Bulger picked this week to have a bad game (fantasy-wise that is, because I always want the Rams to win)... Most of the time Bulger gives me about 20-25 points. Now I got 7.
Old 13-11-2006, 16:33   #107
Whomp
King

I know...sadness. However, Houston hadn't won on the road since 2004. Jacksonville receivers must've dropped 10 passes of which 4 were deflected and intercepted. I ended up making out ok though because Houston was a 10 1/2 point underdog and they were paying 3.5x to win straight up. The other person took NE so we were both done unless Oakland beat Denver.

Oakland was winning 13-7 at half so I added to that by betting Denver for the 2nd half. They were 7 point favorites for the half so the only way I could lose is if they pushed by winning by 1 point. If Denver lost we're all still alive. They more than covered the 7 so she won the pool but I at least made some coin on my original $20 proposition.

I watched the SD game in total awe. Wow.
Old 13-11-2006, 16:43   #108
Darkness

Quote:

I watched the SD game in total awe. Wow.
Me too. I already knew LT was good, but Rivers impressed me a lot. San Diego really knows how to develop QBs. First Drew Brees, now Philip Rivers. Who knows how Charlie Whitehurst will turn out?
Old 20-11-2006, 13:00   #109
Darkness

Unless Maurice Jones-Drew scores 45+ points tonight I will lose to the Psycho Bunnies...
And to top that off: My first round draft pick, LaMont Jordan, is likely out for the season with a knee injury. He was on the bench anyway...

Whomp needs about 45 points from Plaxico Burress and the Jacksonville defense. Also not very likely to happen...

Not a good week.
Old 20-11-2006, 15:47   #110
Whomp
King

Dang. I thought I was having a reasonable week but once again LT decided to take the game in his own hands. RaMo is absolutely pathetic and that was with Brooks not Walter.