Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Stapel's Stuff
Home

Old 22-10-2010, 17:13   #11
Stapel
Emperor

Default Major Victory

Well, I had just a few more axes than BCLG had, PLUS the 5 cats. I felt preetyy sure I could win. Apparently, BCLG thought the same and decided not to wait and see, but instead attack my stack (on a hill). I didn't check who the RNG worked out, but in the end, he lost 16 units and I only three. Beorn is mine and I am in a very very srong position now.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 01:48   #12
Beorn
Disabled Vet

MY CITY !!!! looks like a good fair win. Attacking at 25% penalty or defending 5 catapults, must've been a tough choice.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 09:22   #13
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
MY CITY !!!! looks like a good fair win. Attacking at 25% penalty or defending 5 catapults, must've been a tough choice.
Well, even if the attack would have been more succesful, it would have meant I could have a go with my cats against a bunch of wounded units. Anyway, it looked indeed as a lost cause for BCLG.

Which makes me ask you this question:

Why in the world did you found tha city there, so close to my borders?? It inmediately pushed me into full war mode. It could have worked, if BCLG has some catapults....

Old 23-10-2010, 20:22   #14
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I hope this isn't too spoilerish, but that was the strategy he wanted me to go for, so I went towards you and settled a good spot in your face. Maybe I should have gone uphill, but the city wouldn't have been quite as good.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 10:13   #15
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
I hope this isn't too spoilerish, but that was the strategy he wanted me to go for, so I went towards you and settled a good spot in your face. Maybe I should have gone uphill, but the city wouldn't have been quite as good.
Well, both cities that were settled in my face, are exactly on my planned dots . The strategy to claim land asap is a good one. In the end, defending is always easier than conquering. But the strategy's succes is heavily dependent on having catapults....

Old 02-11-2010, 20:13   #16
Stapel
Emperor

Just here to tell you that I will take BCLG's capitol the next turn. His last city should be mine in 5 turns or so.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:32   #17
Robi D
King

That was quick work

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 13:14   #18
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
That was quick work
Yeah, BCLG had put anything he had in Beorn. I took the city without losing many units, so in the end, I could march on without too mnay dificulties.

The good thing is that I now have an ideally sized island for myself, while having contact with most other players. I should be able to catch up now.

Old 04-11-2010, 00:11   #19
Stapel
Emperor

In 2 turns, BCLG is gone completely!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:38   #20
Stapel
Emperor

Bye bye!

So, the island is now mine! It's rather big and all for me. This means I have a fair opportunity in this game!

Short resumee: My capitol, in the south east has Stonehenge and TGLighthouse. BCLG's capitol (now mine) has the Colossus.
Most cities are on granary - forge - courthouse. When BCLG's last city is out of rebellion, I will use my Great Merchant to start a golden age. I can use it to change to the 25% religion bonus and +50+50 in the capitol (I'm getting that tech in a few turns).

I guess I shoudl also focus n building more coastal cities. I have 8 cities right now.

I have met all but one players. With Barbu (10), Furiey(10) and Matrix(25) I have peace deals. Donovan Zoi is to the north west and Barbu to the north east. I need a deal with DZ as well.