King

duph..read it wrong... no problem
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 11:45   #102
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

I'm going to have MOTSed three games in a row (I've got a qualifier) so it looks like I won't win the CDZ cup for another year.

Might change my mind and PIC my qualifier instead.
why would you pic? I already picced my last three matches. So I am ready to rumble. And with the luck I had this season, you really must be a lot better to beat me
Old 01-10-2008, 14:20   #103
Tubby Rower

The BLCG award went to the namesake of the award but narrowly!!!

Quote:
quote: Clouds darkened the skies at The Shagpad as 2968 spectators turned up for the match. United decided to use a 3-5-2 set up. They fielded: Mishura - Talv, Manonell, Jiménez - Marini, Siljamäki, Dragomiroiu, Hep#351;en, Florindo - Mut, Hoff.

Meltdown started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Suonio - Ervin, Hill, Roeting - de Azevedo, Smith, Ferchaud, Cabiativa, Bitschnau - Panzeta, Liedland.

United took the lead in the 3:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Philip Hoff elegantly received a long range pass through the middle, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. United put themselves up 2 - 0 when Pere Manonell broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. After 24 minutes, Bahad#305;r Mut put United ahead 3 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. Meelis Talv almost managed to score another goal for United, coming from the right, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors' keeper. It was 3 - 0 at the break. Meltdown enjoyed most of the ball, as they maintained 53 percent of possession.

The away team reduced the score to 3 - 1, as Nicola Panzeta struck home, set up well by a play on the left in the 64:th minute. The home side's Bahad#305;r Mut came close to extending the lead in the 70:th minute. His shot came in on the right hand side but Aapo Suonio managed to save it by a fingernail. In the 83:th minute, Meltdown showed some good morale and were able to reduce the score to 3 - 2 when Joćo Aparecido de Azevedo got past the home side's full backs right in front of the goal. The visitors' Joćo Aparecido de Azevedo was alert on a play coming in from the left, tying the score at 3 - 3 in the 85:th minute. The left side created an opportunity for the visitors in the 86:th minute, and Nicola Panzeta wasn't about to let it go by. He got past the defenders and fired a shot that the keeper just missed. 3 - 4 for the visitors. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Meltdown, with an impressive 57 percent possession of the ball.

Bahad#305;r Mut performed admirably for United. On the other hand, Meelis Talv's play was disheartening. Meltdown's best player was Léo Ferchaud. Brent Ervin was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 4.
Old 01-10-2008, 16:52   #104
socralynnek

Sadly I can't follow the match where it is decided whom I have o ahnd the trophy that I owned for the last season...

Comngratulations to BCLG! Or to Tubby? Don't know...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:15   #105
Aggie
Emperor

Tubby, thanks for the great job in running the CDZ cup!!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 19:27   #106
Tubby Rower

Congrats to de burchtheren!! I couldn't update it as the forum was being upgraded (and I forgot).
Old 03-10-2008, 20:25   #107
Shabbaman
Administrator

Congratulations! Finally you've achieved something significant in your life