Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 02-04-2004, 16:58   #41
Aggie
Emperor

SW of hill means only two wheats in the borders of the city. Interesting start very cramped, but with a lot of potential. In growth that is.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 17:29   #42
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Continued:

2850BC: Settler moves to Desert tile SW of the Incense. Beijing set to build another settler, Shanghai another warrior. Shanghai warrior moves N to further explore the area near the Japanese.

2800BC: Southern warrior moves to mountain.

2750BC: (6) Settler discovers that the incense is [u]another</u> wheat on a floodplain. I could not see it was a floodplain thru the fog. S warrior moves on the mountain and sees another mountain range nearby. No Scandinavian borders yet.

2710BC: (7) Canton founded &gt; worker. S warrior moves to mountain range.

2670BC: (8) Disease in Beijing just as it grew to 3. Worker moves to BG NE of Shanghai. S warrior moves on mountain range and sees coast to the SW and another Scan warrior. Vikings are most likely to our W and not to close. Other scouting warrior is moving to the new Jap town.

2630BC: (9) More disease in Beijing , size 1 now, it might be killing our tech gambit. Shanghai warrior &gt; settler, growth and build in 10 turns. Vikings have the Wheel as well now and Japs got Alphabet, Pottery and Mysticism. They for sure know another AI.

2590BC: (10) Further exploration by the warriors. In the S we are heading to the assumed location of the Vikings, in the N is Tokyo defended by a Spear.

106.73KB

Disease in this floodplain area might be a serious issue.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] BanzaiSG2590BC.SAV
70.83KB
Old 02-04-2004, 18:43   #43
Matrix
Administrator

Building two settlers and warrior, with a military of only three warriors? I would've started building spearmen.

By the way, Aggie, ProPain and Beam all have red avatars. Unpractical. [] (Not suggesting to change it though.)
Old 02-04-2004, 19:37   #44
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

In this phase expansion is key. Normally I would have build a warrior in Canton but it has only 1 shield and is growing fast. A 2nd worker can mine a tile somewhere and make Canton more productive.

Also, there are no immediate threads, so the only real purpose of units is in MP atm.

btw, if you can find me a nice beamy avatar in another color it would be appreciated, this guy is looking so serious
Old 02-04-2004, 20:05   #45
Banzai

I think it's my turn to mess things up...
Got it!

Old 02-04-2004, 21:34   #46
Banzai

2590 BC (0)
Drop lux to 0% and raise science to 100%. Writing drops from 24 to 19 turns.

2550 BC (1)
Our warrior near Japan moves north and reaches the coast.
The worker at Shanghai builds a road and connects the city to Beijing.
Our warrior near the Vikings climbs a mountain and spots the Scandinavian border. The border is guarded by 4 warriors and 2 archers. So much for my plans for a sneak attack

2510 BC (2)
Our viking scout-warrior climbs a hill and has a nice view over Bergen. It has access to gems which are currently being connected to their road network.
Beijing and Canton grow to size 2 and lux is increased to 20%.

2470 BC (3)
Canton builds worker and starts.. a curragh!
Lux down to 10%

IBT Japan starts the Oracle.

2430 BC (4)
Another road at Shanghai is finished. The worker starts a mine on the BG river tile. Writing drops to 12 turns (nobody has it).
Incense spotted just north of Bergen.. can we get it??

2390 BC (5)

2350 BC (6)
Beijing builds settler and starts warrior. I'm a bit scared for the large ammount of units the Vikings have.
Lux to 0%, but this gains nothing.

2310 BC (7)
Our Japanese scout-warrior is blocked by Japanse borders. Damn! I should have moved west in turn 2 instead of north-east.
Irrigation at Canton is finished, start a road.
Canton grows and Lux to 20% to prevent a riot.

2280 BC (8)
A mine at Shanghai is finished.

IBT A Japanese warrior approaches Shanghai.

2230 Bc (9)
Shanghai builds settler and I move it to an orriginal settle spot NW of Beijing. It starts a Barracks, but that is vetoable.
I keep the warrior inside Shanghai in case the Japs have bad plans.
A road at Canton is finished.
Scandinavia has learned Pottery.

IBT The Japanese warrior backs off. This will not happen in my game with Killer!!

2190 BC (10)
Canton builds a curragh and starts a warrior, but while I write this report another worker would be nice too.
A worker starts a road to connect Canton to Beijing.
Japan has learned Iron working and is broke...
Ah! The vikings have Learned Iron working and Mysticism and all the gold. They must have popped a hut and traded with the Japs.
We are now 4 techs behind!

I stop here. There is an unmoved settler ready to found a city on a previously assigned spot. Is this spot still ok? If not, the settler can be moved.

Our territory:

83.8KB

The incense:

46.84KB

The Save: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] ChineseMatrix2190BC.SAV
77.5KB

Banzai!
Old 02-04-2004, 23:39   #47
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

On the city to be founded near 'the hill in the wheated flood plains': Sure SW of the hill is missing out on one of them, but I don't think that's a problem, I'd rather have that one used by Shanghai.

Matrix: Don't worry too much about being attacked as long as expansion space is available for the AI. They start getting nasty when land runs out. Although we should build some warriors as I have seen a lot of times where the AI on C3C will declare war when it sees a reachable undefended city. Also give in on all demands for now.

On the Settler north of Beijing. Looking at it Í'd rather move it NW a tile and smack it down on the jungle tile.

I LOVE the wheats near canton, we should build a few workers there after the warrior is done. I think we should try to keep Shanghai at 2 pop minimum so we can combine the flood plain wheat (after settling near the hil) with the mined bonus grass and get decent growth and shield production.

I like the environment a lot better with all those wheats around. We should realise that we'll get a lot of disease and disease will always appears for 2 consecutive turns! So if a size 3 city has disease we might wanna try and rush something for that 1 pop we're gonna lose to disease the next turn anyway.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 23:43   #48
Aggie
Emperor

Only thing about Canton: it's not on a river, so an aquaduct is needed to grow.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 23:47   #49
Col.Tarleton

Got it,will play sat after Arsenal v Man.U.match on the telly.
Any tips,hints or even orders will be gratefully received.
Also perhaps a little strategising.
Old 02-04-2004, 23:49   #50
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I'm in favor of using it to crank out a heap of workers and maybe even a settler and keep it down in size. Will be hard though with 2 wheats.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote