Home

Old 25-05-2003, 20:43   #12
anarres
anarchist butcher

I have posted an announcement:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...p?TOPIC_ID=409
Old 26-05-2003, 12:20   #13
ERIKK

This damn guy Sinapus is being an @sshole! Look what he says about me!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ERIKK

Well..., try to control yourself! Ah... you failed. Too bad!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It needed to be said. I see the cluebat format works as dismally as a reasonable response. Pity.

quote:

Look minster sarcasm, I am not telling people they are uncaring monsters.

"Well, AFAIK you guys have that unreasonable high dead toll which bothers me more than you apparantly... And I dont like the fact that Moore had to made a "documentry" on this to trigger the debate..."

No, not directly saying it, but it is implied when you say people aren't as bothered as you are. Not to mention you're straying into the smears used by gun control movements when they try to browbeat someone into following their whims.

Also, as I pointed out in the last posting, the "debate" wasn't triggered by Michael Moore, since the gun control debate has been going on in its current form since at least the 60's (with other laws passed here and there before then). Again: are you really that inattentive? Why in the world would you make that incredibly ignorant remark? Did you not know, or were you posturing melodramatically and hoping your audience wouldn't know? (hey, that's what moore does...)

quote:

I am saying that MM is trying to find out why Americans keep killing themself while the dead toll is sky high compared with other nations... (as you can see we are back on topic!) His answer was the combination of FEAR and GUNS. Reduce one of them and the number of deads might go down. Behind this argument of MM is of course the most tragic aspect of his documentry. Both are unstoppable:
FEAR is being fed by the media and government. Two powers that are unstopable in his eyes (as the documentry shows us).
GUNS are being fed by the NRA as a organisation and the constitution as then symbol americanism. Obviously both are unstopable too. Guns are a part of america. MM shows us poor anti gun protesters and NRA gatherings. Everybody can see which one has the better hand here...

What "MM" did was do everything he could to distort the NRA side so they looked like uncaring monsters. As. Was. Pointed. Out. Multiple. Times. On. This. Thread.

Feel free to ignore those facts and keep cheering on "MM" since he panders to your prejudices against those awful gun owners and their evil monolithic NRA.

quote:

Originally posted by Sinapus
*sigh* I fear for humanity.

What the hell does this mean????? Do Cecasander and me make you think this? Or is this just your way of expressing your sarcasm again?

It means I'm more than a wee bit disgusted at the gullibility and willful ignorance of people such as yourself and others who think MM is such a wonderful person. I'm sure Moore finds you useful, so you can be cheered up by that.

quote:
(to another poster)
The more lefter lefties on this board have tried multiple times to tell you everytime a debate starts it is not an attack on the US. But unfortunally it is always taken as an attack on the US. Therefore patriotic sentiment always gets in lots of posts making all the lefties more leftier agains etc etc...

*sigh*

Are you really so intimidated by someone saying your views are wrong that you find yourself unable to type? If not, then why do you and others keep whining about how those who respond to your "debates" in disagreement with your "not an attack" pronouncements must be wanting to SILENCE you? Well? I haven't asked AoA to ban you or delete your accounts and won't. I have been saying that you and others are WRONG. So have others. You screech about how it must mean we don't like freedom of speech.

I guess you like dissenting, but facing dissent is too much for you to take.
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2003, 12:23   #14
ERIKK

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by anarres

Myself and at least one other member of this forum has been banned from CFC without cause.

The CFC mod who did it did not report it in the staff forum like they are required to do, and since we can not reply to the hate posts at CFC by a certain member there, we have removed a couple threads to a place of safety until they can be discussed rationally.

When the "mystery" bans are lifted (or at least explained) I will move the threads back to OT.
Why why why?????????? Link?
Col also banned? Why? Link?

What the hell has happened? I only have been gone for 2 days!!!
Old 26-05-2003, 12:29   #15
anarres
anarchist butcher

ERIKK, we are all unbanned now. Col was not banned from CFC, it was Mel, DrA and myself.

This kind of discussion is best kept throught instanat messages rather than on these forums IMO. We have had enough needless conflict with CFC.
Old 26-05-2003, 12:38   #16
ERIKK

hmmm... ok!

(The Sinapus quote is all in a public Micheal Moore thread, no PM's involved here! Maybe I will reply this evening on this crap. But I now see that on CFC everybody has calmed down...)
Old 26-05-2003, 16:13   #17
Skyfish

I really hate MSN so much...you guys...are you gonna make me give teh richest asshole in the world more money ?*sigh*
Old 26-05-2003, 16:20   #18
DrAlimentado

Erikk, I was following the Micheal Moore thread but once the anti-Moore crowd conceded it was a political campaign and it turned into a gun debate I rapidly lost interest.

I do get irked though when people suggest the UK should relax it's gunlaws, gun licences are actually pretty easy to get over here as it is (as long as your not a yardie ) - and we just don't have a culture where people think it is their god-given right to own a gun.

And IMO the reason it's impossible to argue with pro-gun Americans on this is because it is in their culture and history, it's an issue where the atlantic divide is massive. But have fun over there
DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2003, 16:31   #19
DrAlimentado

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Skyfish

I really hate MSN so much...you guys...are you gonna make me give teh richest asshole in the world more money ?*sigh*
you know it's freeware right? You can also use non-hotmail addresses to sign up with, you just have to hunt for the right page a bit.

btw - I hate micro$oft too... but... well they make some bloody useful software, *sigh*
DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2003, 16:40   #20
Skyfish

No, it ain't a "freeware", it puts a cookie and some spyware on your PC in order to monitor your
habits...

I can not recommend the following application too much, you really should give your HD a scan with this :
http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10...ml?legacy=cnet

you'll be surprised !