Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 21-02-2007, 14:22   #281
Tubby Rower

maybe the whole idea was flawed from the beginning. Sorry for the problems. If it can't be fixed or if everyone doesn't want to just continue play, I'd say that it's dead. But with 5 people bumping this thread out of the 8 people, I'd say that another game could be started up.
Old 21-02-2007, 14:41   #282
barbu1977
Emperor

Maybee we can play the same map with 1 civ starting with 2 settlers, 2 warriors etc...

I liked the hub map
Old 21-02-2007, 15:17   #283
Tubby Rower

I'd be fine with that... we would need the map-maker to ensure that everyone was at the same starting location.
Old 21-02-2007, 15:37   #284
Robboo
King

I hate to lose this amount of time invested just to start over on the same map....as I know where to go and stuff. If it cant be fixed then yes we can start over on the same map but it will be boring for a whole bunch of turns. BUT wont the same map produce the same error.

i am with kyrs this is starting to suck to wait this long....I forgot what I was planning
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 15:46   #285
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

I forgot what I was planning
This shouldn't have any consequence if the player takes the time to reload everything in his mind when he resumes the game. Unfortunately we're not machines, and we can forget stuff for real. Plus, this implies a loss of fun.
Old 22-02-2007, 08:28   #286
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I still do not understand what was the problem with the game. However, it is quite possible to send the save to Alexman for example so that he can figure out what is wrong. IMHO, trades should have worked and if they did not, there is something wrong with the game and if this wrong stuff can be edited in the save, that would be exactly what is needed.

IMHO, ID, you should just pm Alexman, upload the save file to CFC and provide a link in the pm to the save. He is a very nice guy and I'm sure he can help with that if this is possible. If it is not, he would also be able to tell that.
Old 22-02-2007, 08:30   #287
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

Maybee we can play the same map with 1 civ starting with 2 settlers, 2 warriors etc...
That is not that difficult, I can do that and may be also rearrange the resources as well but this would defy the original idea of the game.

Also, IMHO, ID should have not converted the save from PBEM but should have started the game as a scenario. But may be I'm wrong here and it would have made no difference.

Actually, I have just started PB and started the game with the original scenario file and it does seem to function OK at a first glance. I was unable to play up to the point when the trades could be started though, so hard to tell.
Old 23-02-2007, 06:24   #288
Robi D
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

i am with kyrs this is starting to suck to wait this long....I forgot what I was planning
See if you kept things simple and consistant like Simon's build lots of chariots and rush someone early strategy you wouldn't have this problem now

Seriously i've still been looking in on this thread just haven't posted. I guess the time has come to resolve this one way or another.
We could play on with the bug but i think eventually we would all end up getting annoyed with it. We could restart, but maybe run a test first (ie. a few people get on at the same time and run through the turns to see if the concept works) or finally we abandon the game

@ tubby the idea was great, its that we were unfortunate to run into a bug.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 13:17   #289
Robboo
King

if we abadon...i think we should try a different map and start over. i like this idea of a game.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 15:28   #290
IglooDude

I'm sorry for the continued silence, guys. I haven't found any solution, just that this isn't the only game that it's happening with.

The pitboss server is still dedicated to this game or its replacement. If akots would like to explain how to launch it as a scenario rather than a PBEM-turned-pitboss, I'd welcome the help.

On a different note, I'm experiencing ongoing pain with wearing player and administrator hats in the same games (nobody's fault but my own, I'm NOT bitching at anyone here) so however we get this going again, I'm going to hand my civ(s) over to a replacement.