Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 15-10-2006, 21:35   #21
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

What puzzles me is that members of parliament are now asking question at the minister about this. Don't they have serious problems to solve.....
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2006, 23:50   #22
Matrix
Administrator

It puzzles me even more, because I know certain CDA MP's complain that other MP's, especially GroenLinks, ask for an emergency debate for every fart a minister breaks. Now they're doing it themselves. This is what they call "incidentalism".

But it's understandable. CDA probably has a lot of Lingo-watching voters. (Not me! [])
Old 16-10-2006, 09:30   #23
Shabbaman
Administrator

Your MP to debate, I'd rather see them debating over something a minister does than over something that was in Hart van Nederland.
Old 16-10-2006, 13:29   #24
Matrix
Administrator

They do, but only when they do something bad.
Old 16-10-2006, 19:07   #25
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I tend to agree partly with Stapel. Public television should focus on programmes that won't make it on the commercial channels but are of public interest. I do think some programmes on the public channels are doing this

- andere tijden: amazing show, like Stapel this one has kept me home or in front of the tele for the rerun
- BNN has some good shows: over mijn lijk, je zult het maar hebben & spuiten en slikken.
- Keuringsdienst van Waarde
- news background shows: 1 vandaag, zembla

About news hows in general: I think that government channels are better to get independent news than commercially owned ones. They'll be more tempted to report from their sponsors angel then the government owned ones.
Specific for the Netherlands: Our public channels tend to be on the left side of the political spectrum which colours their reporting but we don't have any serious news background shows on the commercial channels so we're kinda stuck without an alternative atm.

I dont agree a show like Andere Tijden would make the grade on a commercial channel. From all above mentioned programmes I suppose only Spuiten en Slikken would maybe also be broadcast by commercial channels. I just hope the new system where broadcasting companies can apply for certain types of programmes will favor the ones that have shown to be able to make some innovative shows. And if we're really lucky that would mean the end of the TROS and the AVRO for starters.
It's my opinion that especially news and background shows should never ever be dependent of the government.
The solution can be quite simply: transform the NOS / Nederland3 in an independent foundation. This foundation may benefit from subsidies (preferably not), but never ever should there be a minister or MP that has anything to say about it. I'm quite sure this foundation can be financially well-balanced, without having the need to make a profit.

In one line: I think it is absurd we have a secretary for media affairs.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote