Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 29-11-2007, 13:23   #1
barbu1977
Emperor

Default National Cup Round 4 Season 34

Since I have 2 easy oponents in the league comming up, I decided to go all out and MOTS this cup game.

It payed off since I won in OT.

Quote:
quote:44992 spectators arrived at Barbiers' Barbershop, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. A 3-5-2 alignment was the formation of choice for Barbiers. Lineup: Harrison - Vázquez, Carstensen, Allika - Bellver, Baggenstos, Vasilescu, Haeckel, Obregón - Gagony-Kolowrath, Goldin.

Crasher had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Starters: S³owikowski - Crevier, Ranestad, Gamache, Touchette - Svensson, Young, Roy, Knight - Ares Fernández, Miller.

The visitors' central defence should have had no trouble clearing the pass to Raphael Baggenstos, but the Barbiers player managed to shrug them off and fired a low shot past the keeper to give his team the lead. 1 - 0! After an industrious effort down the middle, Adalger Haeckel could have closed the game off in the 23:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Barbiers's Adalger Haeckel got himself booked for a foul. The visitors kept the pressure on to tie the game when, in the 26:th minute, Juan Ares Fernández found himself alone with the keeper. Robbie Harrison made a great block, though. It was 1 - 0 at the break. This half belonged to Barbiers, who controlled the ball 52 percent of the time.

Barbiers put themselves up 2 - 0 when Tal Goldin broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. After 59 minutes, Tal Goldin put Barbiers ahead 3 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The visitors' right side was dangerous today; Bengt Svensson made the home team's keeper look foolish as he easily reduced the lead to make it 3 - 1 in the 60:th minute. Morale on the visitors' bench was greatly improved when their Bengt Svensson reduced the lead to make it 3 - 2 in the 64:th minute, after collecting a pass from the right. The visitors refused to give up and, in the 79:th minute, Chet Miller scored the tying 3 - 3 goal as he finished off a perfect pass from the right. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

As neither team was able to get the go-ahead goal before the end of regular play, the teams took to the field again for extra time. Barbiers took the lead in the 108:th minute of the game by 4 to 3, as Adalger Haeckel elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. What a dramatic win for Barbiers!

Most important Barbiers player was Robbie Harrison. David Bellver turned in a dismal performance, however. Crasher's best player was Bengt Svensson. However, Jean-Bernard Crevier made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 3.
Next week's team will be realy too strong for me so a Pic is going to be in order... Still, round 5 is nice.
Old 29-11-2007, 14:41   #2
Aggie
Emperor

Congrats!!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 15:42   #3
sz_matyas

Lost 0-4, but it was to a division II team and was out hatstated 291-145, so it could have been much worse.

Making it to round 4 was great and really helped pull my team from the economic doldrums, though it took a lot of luck.

Congrats to Barbu on making it an extra round.
Old 29-11-2007, 16:55   #4
socralynnek

Won my 2nd home match.

Didn't expect to win (but hoped). I guess it helped that one of his IMs got injured pretty early. Therefore I went above the 60% posession mark going all out (non-MOTS, normal).

Won 3-1 in the end which brought me to face a weaker team next week (but the manager of that team is one of the most known non-staff managers in Germany, so it would be pretty cool to advance another round)
Old 30-11-2007, 08:19   #5
arne1
King

Lost without a glimmer of hope 0-7 picced and played 2-5-3 for training purposes, since I am giving priority to the league this season. And I need high teamspiritthere. With a mots and seiouos formation I might have had a chance, but it was not worth it. May be next season.
Old 01-12-2007, 15:19   #6
Shabbaman
Administrator

I won 0-4, despite the fact that my midfield was weaker: something like excellent (high) v.s. outstanding (low). Yet my defense was stronger than his attack. Hurray for me.