Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > WildFire's place of mayhem
Home

Old 31-05-2003, 02:56   #11
WildFire

This died for awhile because heihojins computer crashed or something. Finally gotten back to playing it!

Our third war hasnt happened yet
WildFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:36   #12
WildFire

Our third war has now happened. Really, if I attack you the first time because your scout is near me, am I going to let it happen again? No. Than I found a wandering spearman who looks like he is going to my empire. Good, practice for my archer.
Old 28-06-2003, 20:53   #13
WildFire

My empire so far. Gonna connect to the Iron and make lots of immortals. Than run through some Americans

159.68KB
Old 11-07-2003, 21:47   #14
WildFire

Not good... This came from Playboy of the Americans.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

My fellow despots!

I, Playboy, leader of tribes do hereby publicly proclaim the dishonor of the ruler Wildfire444, henceforth known as Wildfire the Perfidious.

Early in the fourth age of Heihojin, as civilizations awoke there was discord amongst the families of America. The CivAddict clan was toppled and the familius Playboy rose to power. Shortly thereafter, Despot Playboy I was contacted by the Persian pipples, nefariously ruled by Wildfire the Perfidious. This despicable despot begged for a formal peace treaty between our peoples, not once, not twice, but thrice before Playboy finally acquiesced.

Given such assurances of peace, the American garrisons were dispersed to explore the countryside. Unbeknownst to them the foul and perfidious Wildfire had been moving troops in the direction of America throughout the years he had been pleading for peace. Not long after, with neither declaration of war, nor valid provocation, the low-down and treacherous Wildfire sent a missive of muttered obscenity (that in itself a breach of game protocol and civility) and fait accomplit. When next America awoke, the evil-smelling Persian had sacked the first of two American cities he was to detroy. He continues to attack the valiant defenders of the city of Chicago at this very moment!

While leaving one's cities undefended might be considered either naive or daring, I would accept this judgement had not a treaty been in place. We, as the rulers of our empires, must be men of honor in our dealings with each other, lest our territory devolve into armed camps with little progress and few amenities. If we make treaties, we must abide by them, and if we do not, our dastardly deeds should be made known to all, if only to warn our fellow leaders of treacherous players.

Wherefore,

In that spirit of honor code, I condemn Wildfire the Perfidious. His words are false, and his treaties are only worth wiping the swill that pours from his lips. Be warned, fellows, he is a player not to be trusted. I call upon all just leaders to repudiate his actions and bring pressure to demand an immediate cessation of his barbaric aggression.

Playboy
For the American people
Heihojin 4

OOC - When playing solo, the AI knows and remembers when treaties are broken among other nations. As there is no in-game way to handle this design facet amongst human players, the above proclamation stands in to approximate the effect. Whether or not you choose to ignore this email may depend on whether you pay attention to the same type of behavior from the AI, as well your perspective on whether a man's word is his bond in a community of fellow gamers.
Old 27-07-2003, 20:48   #15
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

So, what else has happened, WildFire the Perfidious?
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2003, 03:03   #16
WildFire

The game has stopped. No one knows where the game is
Old 28-07-2003, 07:43   #17
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

oohh...the infamous lost save; I know that all too well...
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2003, 12:41   #18
prettyvacant

if it is lost why not just choose a player to play again and send on - obvious choice would be heihojin
prettyvacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2003, 16:20   #19
WildFire

You know what? I feel stupid that I didn't think of that.
Old 17-08-2003, 06:49   #20
WildFire

Ok, it was stalled so long because one of the players (Nish) was really sick. Heihojin ended up not being able to find a replacement so he eventually retired his civ so now the game is down to 4 players (from 8).

I am continuing to harass the Americans. One of their cities that I was about to capture was abandoned by Playboy so I could not take it. Immortals are getting ready.