Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Cartouche Bee's Forum
Home

Old 25-06-2003, 03:30   #11
Cartouche Bee

territory shot 390BC

193.65*KB
Cartouche Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2003, 07:47   #12
Aggie
Emperor

CB, that can't be the whole minimap you show us, because anarres would have no room. Where are you positioned in the world?
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2003, 09:37   #13
Skyfish

Whether it's right or left, what difference does it make Aggie ?
Old 27-06-2003, 15:13   #14
Grille

It does make a difference.
If the full map would be shown, you could make a better estimation on the actual size/location of CB's empire.
In fact, you couldn't say if anarres lives right, left, top, bottom or even if he was totally surrounding CB. I think Aggie meant sth like that.

Anyway, as this game is just 1 vs 1 w/o ai, I can get an answer to the question if a player could build an obsolete wonder. No leaders can be milked from ai (hehe, maybe there'll be A LOT of GL in this game, at least I hope so), also no cascade competition, so I assume most wonders will be completed from scratch. If anarres or CB miss out a wonder, I'd be interested if they still could build it when they know the obsolete-making tech (e.g.starting to build Collossus after flight)
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 17:50   #15
WildFire

Why make the Great Library? It isnt going to give you any techs since you need two civs to know of a tech and since its a 1 vs 1... Unless you want the culture. Nice land btw.
WildFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2003, 18:09   #16
Cartouche Bee

WF, Great Library is a prebuld for Hanging Gardens. I only have 3 lux and that's not alot when trying to run republic.
Old 27-06-2003, 18:40   #17
WildFire

Well I didn't know that and I can't see what tech your working on []

Good idea though.
WildFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2003, 21:28   #18
Cartouche Bee

Well, in another surprise build, I build Oracle in the capitol. That means my temples will more beneficial for a 20-30 turns and if I keep doing this, I'll be able to fall back on a 20K culture win in the capitol. Currently in anarchy, drew a 5 turn transition for a new government, waiting for republic.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:23   #19
Cartouche Bee

Well, I'm in republic now and number one in manufacturing among other things, this looks like my first PBEM declared win. Anarres can't stop me now. Guess we have to go through the motions to the end now.
Old 07-07-2003, 19:26   #20
Cartouche Bee

Well, I made it through to the middle ages recently and my prebuild for Sun Tzu completed although a few shields were lost, oh well at least he doesn't have that one but I see he did get the Great Wall and the Lighthouse. Had to settle for Colossus instead of Lighthouse but I know I can't get everything. I'm still number 1 militarily according to the demographics, so I'm still feeling easy on that front and will be all vets from here on, not that I had many regulars.