Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Yndy's Zoo
Home

Old 07-01-2004, 15:25   #11
yndy
Prince

Quick update as I have no work to do in the office.
The turn is 133 or so because I lost the save on my computer and was waiting for a to send it. It turned out that he discovered the other continent and traded for their techs. There was nothing I could do to prevent him from discovering that continent.

Now I have almost 50 horse units and want to gather so many that annares would never be able to recover from the first strike. He does have gunpowder and I expect to lose 2 riders for every musket I kill.

annares has a galley that watches out his shore, I'm going to send one galley to explore for the best approach that would go undetected until it's too late.
Old 07-01-2004, 15:32   #12
Skyfish

Sorry if I missed it but have you got Leos' ?
To upgrade 50 horses to Riders is 4000g !
Old 07-01-2004, 16:07   #13
yndy
Prince

Unfortunately not, but the wonder was still not build and I have a phoney war against the Indians trying to get a leader.

OTOH, I'm in my Golden Age, going 100% on gold.

Guys how many Raiders do you thing I need to succeed?
Old 07-01-2004, 16:20   #14
Skyfish

Raiders ? None !
Riders ? Tons !

If you do not research for 20 turns I'll bet my 2 cents anarres will have Cavs by the time you land
Old 08-01-2004, 07:05   #15
yndy
Prince

This will be close but since I don't want to see a horde of Sipahi on my continent, I have to go with my Riders to his.
Old 19-01-2004, 10:35   #16
yndy
Prince

This is a pictureless short update at turn 140+. I actually got a GL from my battles with India and used him on spot to rush Leo’s in a border town.

In the same time I sent a galley to scout annares’ shore only to see that he just parked units all over. I sent a second boat towards the south but everywhere I saw Ottoman horses. Since I had just upgraded 75 horses and chariots to Riders I had to use them and after buying Gunpowder from India I sneak-attacked them. My forces are already down to 60 Riders but Indian losses are even higher and I got four major cities. I expect a quick victory and at least one leader, even before annares realizes that my territory is completely defenseless.

Afterwards, I’ll see what can be done but I’m not going to attack annares anyway.
Old 19-01-2004, 11:57   #17
ERIKK

Hehe, he told me he would do that... In my game against Beam we decided on a agreement on
these type of things so I left the grasslands open and put units on hills and mountains as
they also of strategic importance to me IMO).

(In the end Beam managed to grab a mountain after all btw...)

ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 13:42   #18
yndy
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ERIKK

Hehe, he told me he would do that... In my game against Beam we decided on a agreement on
these type of things so I left the grasslands open and put units on hills and mountains as
they also of strategic importance to me IMO).
(In the end Beam managed to grab a mountain after all btw...)
I bet the chartaginian shores, in the south of the continent he's on, are not that well protected, i'm thinking of a devious trick to fool him. I have several ideas but all need ideal conditions that I lack.
Old 19-02-2004, 17:32   #19
yndy
Prince

Monthly update,

Now at turn 155. Very slow. My fault.

annares has blocked not only his entire western shore, but Chartage’s as well. I’ve blocked part of my eastern shore as well while my 11 strong galley fleet searched for a good landing spot. I could not find one so far but I’m still looking.

I’m focusing on science and I’m happy that annares does not have Steam Power yet because he lacks Banking. I’m pretty sure he has all the other required Middle Age techs though, while I’m considering buying Astronomy and Chemistry from the AI.

4 Horsemen of annares landed on my shores but I disposed of them swiftly. This turn I got a great leader while my Riders were fighting a former Chartaginian city on my continent that flipped back for the third time. It’s good to have something to kill time with and even better, to get leaders from that.

This game seems to be heading towards a space race but I’m going to invade the third continent anyway when I will be able to do that.
All in all, this game might last for a year at the current rate.
Old 19-02-2004, 18:13   #20
Matrix
Administrator

Go, Yndy, go!