Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 25-08-2005, 22:06   #401
Mistfit
King

Nice graphics!

Part of the problem for me is that I started lurking here well after this one had begun so I don't know a lot of the history involved. It is however quite impressive that you all stuck it out to the bitter end.

Old 25-08-2005, 22:39   #402
Banzai

Congratulations Kemal!
It took you 3 years, but you finally managed to finish it... []
You won't be so lucky in the swimmingpool though

Old 25-08-2005, 23:15   #403
Matrix
Administrator

I've saved some info during the game.

10.93KB

11.7KB

12.36KB
Old 25-08-2005, 23:24   #404
Darkness

Congrats Kemal!
So, the longest ever PBEM is finished now... Must feel strange...
Old 25-08-2005, 23:57   #405
Kemal

Not strange... but disappointing.

Having played on this game for nearly 3 full years, one does become attached to the empire you've built up, including all the particularities such as the crazy city placement and FP location. This game really stands out compared to all other games for me as truly something special. It's been like a constant factor in my Civ3 MP experience, from my 1v1 vs PP to the still ongoing 16+ and swimming pool, there has always been DDPP.

Having read up on other people's spoilers and logs, I can say it has been a really enjoyable experience, special thanks to all players involved in playing this game, including anarres and kingreno who did not figure in the endscreen shot, for keeping this game going and showing enough devotion for civ3 MP to play out this PTW PBEM all the way until now. Those who might even still remember that this game was originally meant to be the "Agent Orange" game 1 PBEM, named after the original idea of a Dutch clan that somewhat predeccesed the CDZ PBEM community (though I still think "aardappeleters" was a nicer name )

I'm not sure how many of the people here plan to get civ4 or continue playing civ in a multiplayer environment, but I think it would be really nice if we could get a new PBEM running with either the original cast, and if possible the regular replacements, once civ4 hits the shelves, the DCPP, Dutch Civ4 Players PBEM... (okay it could be DDCPP, but lets hope not). After all, that should be enough to keep us busy until civ5 goes gold.
Old 26-08-2005, 00:11   #406
Matrix
Administrator

I'm in!

By the way, I have the same experience. But it also matters that this is the first PBEM I started. I was much more (even more ) enthousiastic about this game as I was/am with others.

The next days probably I will try to make a crazy extensive report about this game. If not for you, then just for Kemal and myself.
Old 26-08-2005, 00:11   #407
Socrates
Emperor

Yeah, once I quickly read the 2 first threads you had at CFC, and it is now a bit of Civ anthology. Would be nice to see the original crew starting a new game with Civ4, with a fair map, so as to see good spoilers, but is all the original crew still here ? Anyway, I can only be thankful to you all, because this game was indeed one of the ingredients that lead to CDZ.

BTW, Matrix's graphs show that Kemal didn't have the most cities for a long time, nor the most land, but did have the less land per city for a long and critical time !! Means he quickly understoods that a tight city placement was required...
Old 26-08-2005, 09:00   #408
Plux
King

Wow Kemal, lots of congrats to you! Great victory and excellent display of skill. Happy to see that the Japanese empire stood for so long, although it didn't outstand the Stralanders given it was by just an inch.

I myself enjoyed playing ddpp a lot as well, but when I decided to spend less time on civ, it was better to quit ddpp as well, and I never regretted it. But Im glad shogun plux was succeeded by the very competent shogun stapel. Thanks stapel for taking over and doing a good job at it !

As for ddcpp, Im not sure what I'll do when Civ4 comes up.. we'll see
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 09:19   #409
grs
The Nameless One

Congrats Kemal!
Old 26-08-2005, 10:10   #410
ERIKK

Wow, nice graphics Kemal (and Matrix). Congrats to Kemal. It does feel a bit strange to end so fast. I am happy to have played it so long and also happy that it has finally ended. It is the evidence that such a multiplayer can be played to it's full end if all stick to keep playing.

Over here at CDZ we fortunally have the people who will play and stay dedicated.

A big thanks to my fellowplayers!
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote