Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 28-11-2005, 11:14   #31
Darkness

Doesn't look good for me...

87.47*KB

Only monday's game remaining, and I've only got the Pittsburgh defense in that game, which will probably be torched by Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne (who happen to be on Whomps roster) & their teammates.

I guess I'll just have to hope my 23.12 point lead will hold up....
Old 28-11-2005, 15:43   #32
Whomp
King

Great games from Rudi and Torry. The QB throwing to Holt for St. Louis was the first player from Harvard to play in the NFL. The dude looked like Joe Montana slinging the ball around.

I need about 3 TD's from Manning and Wayne to stay in it or else I'm in deep dukey.
Old 28-11-2005, 16:03   #33
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I need about 3 TD's from Manning and Wayne to stay in it or else I'm in deep dukey.
Unfortunately Peyton's very well capable of throwing for three (or more) TD's on just about any defense, including the Steelers' D...
Old 29-11-2005, 08:39   #34
Darkness

No official results yet, but Peyton got 245 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT, for a total of 14.9 points and Reggie Wayne got 62 yards for 3.1 points.
The Steelers D got 1 INT and 2 sacks plus 26 points against, for a grand total of 4 points.
This makes the net result 18 points for Whomp and 4 for me. I was ahead by 23, so: Darkness wins!!!!!

The quest for the playoffs continues!
Old 29-11-2005, 08:43   #35
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Damn. Somebody turn on the lights

Congrats dood.
So, this is like fantasy american rugby, right?
Old 29-11-2005, 08:46   #36
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Damn. Somebody turn on the lights

Congrats dood.
So, this is like fantasy american rugby, right?
That's one way of calling it, yes....
Old 29-11-2005, 13:44   #37
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

So, I see a nice possiblity for a repeat of history here:
Fred had won 4, then you beat him, so now you have won 4 in a row.
Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.
I must have some predictive abaility....

It is official:
The Dark Demons beat BA's Massive Whompus by 9+ points...

115.99*KB

The news isn't all bad for Whomp though... Even if he slipped down from 2nd to 6th in the standings, he still clinched a playoff spot:

121.49*KB

But look who's looming large in Whomps' rearview mirror?
If I win next week I'm in the playoffs, if I loose it depends on the other results...
Not too bad at all for a rookie...
Old 29-11-2005, 15:31   #38
Whomp
King

Congrats to the Dark Demons! Glad I could help in your quest to the playoffs.

I thought I was going to make the Demons sweat when on Manning's first play of the game he tossed a 80 yard touchdown (not to Reggie Wayne). As the game developed it was apparent Indianapolis was going to play their usual ground control dominating game. Edgerrin James had 29 carries and Manning was simply efficient. This does not bode well for Super Jack.

Since Indianapolis is undefeated the pressuere is mounting for an undefeated season through to the Super Bowl. Only the Miami Dolphins have accomplished this. It will be interesting to watch if anyone can make them work for a win. If this happens Manning will produce some big numbers.

Darkness needs to win this week vs. the 6-6 Nike Swooshes because the Bunnies of Death play the Flailing Flamingos who are simply horrid losing 9 straight. The Aussie based Demented Drop Wombats play Puffy Magic Dragon who have lost 4 in a row. Fred's Freaks gets the toughest matchup playing the formidable Roger's Collarbone.

Good luck Darkness may we clash in the playoffs so I may avenge my loss!!
Old 29-11-2005, 16:01   #39
Darkness

Thanks Whomp!

Yes, I've got a tough match-up this week.
Those Swooshes have got some damn good players!

Trent Green, Edgerrin James, Tony Gonzalez...
And the Tampa Bay defense, which plays turn-over prone Aaron Brooks' New Orleans Saints...

I'd love to meet you again in the play-offs. That'd mean I'd reach the playoffs, so that would be great!

But, at least I've got a winning season (which was my goal on my first try at this game)...
Old 01-12-2005, 12:15   #40
Darkness

Week thirteen coming up...

Seems you got a pretty tough match up there, Whomp...
You're opponent has got Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, Steven Jackson and Jeremy Shockey. Pretty good team.

Since last week was the third time that Chester Taylor was declared inactive shortly before kick off, I've kind of had it with him. Just to be safe I'm starting Drew Bennett next week. Who knows, he just might score. After all, he's already scored a few times on Indy's D in his carreer. Off course, that was before Indy's D actually started playing D...