Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > SilentConfusion's Confusing Spam
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2010, 05:55   #11
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentConfusion View Post
... I can put a city back where I started. I will try to find someone early and take their capitol. I think the tile 1SE of the plains hill is either horse or a metal. ...
You cannot seriously count on that. I mean finding somebody rapidly. Map should have a lot of empty space. That is easier to find and archipelago map is good for rexing and you have cheap courthouses. If going for a war, you have to do it very-very early and then, maintenance will kill your research. Also, you won't get tech superiority unless the guy is a complete newbie. Your research will be quite slow at least for the first 50 turns. Slower than most of the players.

You might have horse or metal but gambling on this might not be the right thing. It can as well be empty. So, making a mistake is one thing but persisting with this mistake is another mistake IMO. That's what Ciceron said some time ago.

But again, you never know how it will turn out. May be your decision is not logical or experience-based but it could be a lucky move and you still will be doing OK. Ever won a lottery? I never did so am trying to rationalize things. Simon won a few times probably. He always pops something good from huts and gets that wonder when built simultaneously on the same turn with somebody else.