Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 04-12-2009, 10:24   #241
Shabbaman
Administrator

On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Google Translator's philosophies. It may help if I begin my discussion by relating an innocuous story in order to illustrate my point: A few days ago I was arguing with an infantile blatherskite who was insisting that all it takes to solve our social woes are shotgun marriages, heavy-handed divorce laws, and a return to some mythical 1950s Shangri-la. I tried to convince this careerism-prone pipsqueak that I intend to ensure that the values for which we have labored and for which many of us have fought and sacrificed will continue in ascendancy. That's the path that I have chosen. It's certainly not an easy path, but then again, Google Translator is trying to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom. Their mission? To nail people to trees. My eventual goal for this letter is to comment on Google Translator's screeds. I'm counting on you for your support.
Old 07-12-2009, 13:53   #242
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Google Translator's philosophies. It may help if I begin my discussion by relating an innocuous story in order to illustrate my point: A few days ago I was arguing with an infantile blatherskite who was insisting that all it takes to solve our social woes are shotgun marriages, heavy-handed divorce laws, and a return to some mythical 1950s Shangri-la. I tried to convince this careerism-prone pipsqueak that I intend to ensure that the values for which we have labored and for which many of us have fought and sacrificed will continue in ascendancy. That's the path that I have chosen. It's certainly not an easy path, but then again, Google Translator is trying to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom. Their mission? To nail people to trees. My eventual goal for this letter is to comment on Google Translator's screeds. I'm counting on you for your support.
Can you do a German version?

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 18:04   #243
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Im Namen von mehreren Mitgliedern der Gemeinschaft möchte ich mein Entsetzen und meine Enttäuschung über einige Philosophien Google Translator zum Ausdruck bringen. Es kann helfen, wenn ich meine Ausführungen damit beginnen, über eine harmlose Geschichte, um meinen Standpunkt zu verdeutlichen: Vor ein paar Tagen war ich Streit mit einer infantilen Duschack darauf, wer es war, dass alle unsere soziale Elend nimmt zu lösen sind, zwangsweise, heavy-handed Scheidungsrecht, und eine Rückkehr zu einem mythischen 1950er Shangri-la. Ich habe versucht, diese Karrierismus-anfällig pipsqueak zu überzeugen, dass ich beabsichtige, um sicherzustellen, dass die Werte, für die wir gearbeitet haben und für die viele von uns gekämpft haben und geopfert werden in Aufstieg fortzusetzen. Das ist der Weg, den ich gewählt haben. Es ist sicherlich kein einfacher Weg, aber dann wieder ist Google Translator versuchen, ein Grab, in dem die Freiheit und die Freiheit begraben zu graben. Ihre Mission? Um Nagel Menschen auf Bäume. Mein Fernziel für diesen Brief ist auf Estriche Google Translator Stellung zu nehmen. Ich zähle auf Sie für Ihre Unterstützung.

Natuerlich.
Old 07-12-2009, 18:25   #244
socralynnek

In diesem Schreiben werde ich mein Bestes tun, um meine Argumente gegen Gugel übersetzen klar und artikulieren können. Ich habe vor, zahlreiche Beispiele zu nutzen und vielleicht sogar einige gelegentliche Humor, um nicht Ihre Geduld Druck, da ich in ungeheure Detail darüber, wie Gugel übersetzen's Aufwallungen vertiefen sind nicht in Einklang mit demokratischen Praktiken, der Gerechtigkeit und Fairness. Um am Anfang zu beginnen, ist die Zeit, immer Recht zu tun, was richtig ist. Deshalb fördern wir wirklich öffnen müssen, bürgerschaftliches Engagement. Der erste Schritt in diesem Prozess ist zu erkennen, dass seine These ist, dass es eine Organisation des Friedens ist. Das ist völlig sniffish, sagen Sie? Gut, das bedeutet, dass Sie endlich mehr zieht. Der nächste Schritt ist die Feststellung, dass Gugel hat zu übersetzen, auf eine Reihe von Gelegenheiten, den Wunsch geäußert, das Konzept der kollektiven Schuld, die die Wurzel allen Vorurteilen ist zu verstärken. Bei all diesen Gelegenheiten habe ich unterbreitet dem Rat meiner Freunde, die mir versichert, dass es ein interessantes Organisation ist. Auf der einen Seite, Gugel übersetzen will, um uns in einen Zustand der Schlaganfall-Laufwerk ein. Aber auf der anderen Seite war seine politisch unkorrekten Versuch, eine kreative Antwort auf meinen letzten Brief zu konstruieren absolut erbärmlich. Wirklich, Gugel übersetzen, Aneinanderreihen von ein paar solecistic Beleidigungen und scheinbar zufälligen Geschwätz ist kaum wirksam. Es beweist, einfach ohne den Schatten eines Zweifels, dass es hier ein Problem. Eine sehr große, blutrünstig, höllischen Problem. Dennoch ist die Frage, was man über Gugel übersetzen ist geistig behindert Märchen nicht weit davon entfernt nieder. Der Brief, den Sie gerade lesen, sollten als Ausgangspunkt für den Dialog über dieses kontroverse Thema zu sehen.
Old 07-12-2009, 23:55   #245
Robi D
King

Interesting to see the differences between the google translator and proper versions

Old 08-12-2009, 17:57   #246
barbu1977
Emperor

And it looks like google translator does not translate "Google" correcty.
Old 08-12-2009, 19:09   #247
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
And it looks like google translator does not translate "Google" correcty.
Not really. "Google Translator" does not translate "Google Translator" correctly, as it translates "Google Translator" to "Google Translator" and not to "Google Übersetzer". That's why I made a little joke and entered it wrong...as "Gugelhupf" is a German cake and the first part is pronounced exactly like "Google"

Fine,a spam post, explaining my previous spam post. That's meta-Spam.
Old 15-12-2009, 09:44   #248
socralynnek

Back to topic: How about holiday season?

I'll be away from Civ4 from 23rd to 27th and then again from 31st to 2nd of January.

Personally, I'd be fine with the game just running, but if too many are gone, then it would be better to stop.
Old 15-12-2009, 14:02   #249
Robi D
King

I'm here but have nothing against taking a break from the game for a week or so if others arn't

Old 15-12-2009, 14:15   #250
Indiansmoke
Chieftain

I will be away from 26th to 6th but will try to get a sub
Indiansmoke is offline   Reply With Quote