Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 17-03-2009, 09:16   #121
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
So, it's 3-2 for you.
This exactly was the score! (But he decided to play more defensive and less on the midfield).
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:34   #122
Aggie
Emperor

I meet the Gozzels next Wednesday. They will most probably counter-attack me with a 4-5-1. Gozzel's ratings last week with this choice were 151-81-88. It looks like they didn't PiC last week.

I am playing 3-5-2 day in day out with one winger and one WTM. This obviously is something Gozzels will anticipate on. I scored 128-135-99 playing like this last week.

I am contiplating 3 ways of playing Gozzels:

1. Play 2-5-3 (two attacking wingers), although my experience with this is poor. Overall experience of the team is formidable. I would still have most of the ball, boost my attacked enormously, but my defense might be too weak for the CA this way.
2. Stick with my good old 3-5-2? Attack might be a bit too weak if I play like this.
3. Playing 3-5-2, with two attacking wingers? I would boost my attack and I would still have most of the ball...

What would be wise and am I maybe missing other options? Experience with 4-4-2 and 3-4-3 are also ok.
Old 04-10-2010, 13:38   #123
socralynnek

I haven't looked at his exact ratings. Important is: Try to at least win one attacking side (this is my personal opinion, I guess, that's not common thinking)

Having one side where you win 55-45 is better than having all 3 sides at 45-55.

So, if you have the players to do so, you should think about a 3-5-2 with 1 winger & 1 WTM and 1 FTW, maybe even with a def. FW. If that will win one side attack if you otherwise don't win any side, then that might be worth it.

For midfield: I think you should have at least 60-40. If you get 60-40 even with 2 wingers + 2 FW, then that might be a good option. If his attack has some value, then personally I don't consider 2-5-3 as a good option, only if you then win midfield by far and win 2 attacking sides.

Probably I take a look into your and his ratings this evening if I make it.
Old 04-10-2010, 15:28   #124
Aggie
Emperor

I'd appreciate it. It doesn't hurt to have a fresh pair of eyes looking at the options!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:55   #125
socralynnek

Took a look at his last few matches and your last cup match.

It's hard to predict how he plays as his team might even get close to your midfield if he tries to. If he plays CA with 3 attacking sides ignoring midfield, then you might lack attack power. Don't know how strong his defense can be if he really tries to defend.

Your ratings from last cup match look good and you should already cause a headache with that.

If you expect him to play very defense minded and expect him to put everything he has there, then you might try the approach with a FTW. 2-5-3 is a gamble. If he only pays with one attacking side like he did with his 4-5-1 3 weeks ago and you hit that side, then 2-5-3 would be a good option. But I guess he won't try that as your defense is not as strong as that of the opponent back then.

Therefore I'd go with 3 defenders, probably one central.

So, in my opinion 3-5-2 is the best option (maybe 4-4-2 if you are sure to win midfield then as well, but probaly 3-5-2 is better, especially as it isn't bad against any option he has)). Goal should be 60% posession.

But 3-5-2 isn't 3-5-2...

Options:
- 2 Wings, 2 Forward to wings and wing attack: surprise element, but I don't know whether you got the players for that.

- 1 Wing, 1 Forward to wing on the same side, 1 def For, 1 WTM: Maximizes posession which is good if he doesn't go for CA and hopefully you manage to win that one attacking side

- 1 or 2 Wings, 2 normal strikers: This is best if you win midfield and if he doesn't buildup his central defense.

2-5-3 with no wingers and only central defenders (AIM of course) might be a joker but on the other hand that is very risky. But it would be good if he goes for something like 4-4-2 with not enough midfield. But if he gets eneough midfield to get chances, then you are doomed.

If you win midfield your goal should be: Be close to his defense ratings on at least two sides, or: win 1 side.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31   #126
Aggie
Emperor

Thanks ynnek for your detailed analysis. Indeed it is difficult to predict what he is going to do. I will certainly use your input to set up my team. I have an idea what he is going to do, but that being said he has a lot of options.
Old 06-10-2010, 19:22   #127
socralynnek

Unluck Aggie. until your player got sent off, it looked pretty good. Well, congratulations for making it so far.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:49   #128
Aggie
Emperor

He matched my midfield, but I choose the right wing to outscore the opponent. Indeed the red card was too much vs such an opponent.
Old 16-05-2011, 13:26   #129
Aggie
Emperor

I want to play counter-attack vs my next league opponent. What is the best way to play?

- Should I try to get as much midfield as possible while still losing midfield (45%)
- Should I neglect midfield and focus totally on defence, wing and attack?

See, I did reach the 3rd division, but my play has always been very one-dimensional (3-5-2, winning midfield). Now this is not the way to go anymore. My team simply can't win midfield in most matches.
Old 16-05-2011, 14:25   #130
socralynnek

Both.

Or better: depends on the circumstances.

If you have trouble matching his attack, then strengthen your defense first.

If you would get about 30% posession, there is no point in trying to get to 35, but it is worth it, trying to get from 40% to 45%

But if you really want a chance for the win, you must win at least one attacking side (and otherwise pressing might be the better option anyway)

I haven't looked at your opponent, though.