Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 10-08-2013, 16:25   #1
grahamiam
Emperor

Default Crusader Kings 2 - Grahamiam's Failures

So, Shabba gifted this to me last week and I need to try to get into it. However, I find the whole "EU" style interface confusing and obtuse I think if I could just learn to play, then the interface will just kind of fade away, like it did in the past for so me when trying to learn difficult games.

In an effort to "just play", I was looking around for some hints or short term goals to help, and I stumbled across a list that was apparently in one of the CK2 files for "achievements" that were planned but never rolled out. I think these goals could help me get into it, and may help others. I think if I can get the very easy and easy ones done, I'll probably know enough about the gameplay to truely start to enjoy it.

The list:
************** Very Easy (6/6) - 6 points
- 'The Marriage Game' - Get married (Start as an unmarried character and get married.)
- A Pope of My Own' - Set up an antipope (Set up an antipope.)
- 'All Three Popes' - Set up a second antipope (Set up the second antipope.)
- 'Exalted Among Men' - Fulfill the Become Exalted ambition (Fulfill the Become Exalted ambition.)
- 'Until Death Do Us Part' - Have your spouse assassinated (Have your spouse assassinated.)
- 'Always Bet On Duke' - Start as a count, become a duke (Start as a Count and manage to become Duke.)
************** Easy (4/4) - 20 points
- 'Full House' - Your charcater gets five children (Get five children.)
- 'Crusader' - Fulfill a Crusade goal (Conquer the target province of a crusade.)
- 'Paragon of Virtue' - Fulfill the Paragon of Virtue ambition (Fulfill the Paragon of Virtue ambition.)
- 'United the Kingdoms' - Hold the kingdoms of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (Hold the kingdoms of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.)
************** Medium (4/4) - 50 points
- 'On English Neck a Norman Yoke' - Conquer England as William the Bastard (Start on September 15, 1066 as William the Bastard and conquer the Kingdom of England.)
- 'It's Good to be the King' - Start as a count, become a king (Start as a Count and manage to become King.)
- 'It's Better to be the Emperor' - Start as a count, become an emperor (Start as a Count and manage to become Emperor.)
- Survivor' - Play through the whole game, from 1066 to 1453 (Play through the whole game, from September 15, 1066 to January 1, 1453.)
************** Hard (4/4) - 75 points
- 'Hard Ruler' - Start in 1066 as Harald of Norway, become King of England (Start on September 15, 1066 as Harald of Norway and become King of England.)
- 'Crusader King' - Start in 1066, create the Kingdom of Jerusalem (Start on September 15, 1066 and create the Kingdom of Jerusalem.)
- 'Prester John' - As a Catholic, have a border with Monophysite Abyssinia (Start as a Catholic ruler and gain a border with Monophysite Abyssinia.)
- 'Russkaya Pravda' - Create the Kingdom of Russia as a Slav (Start as a russian and create the Kingdom of Russia.)
************** Very Hard (3/3) - 100 points
- 'The Outside Bet' - Conquer England as Svend II of Denmark (Start on September 15, 1066 as Svend II of Denmark and become King of England.)
- 'Protector of the Holy Places' - Have Rome, Jerusalem, Mecca and Medina in your Realm (As a Christian, have Rome, Jerusalem, Mecca and Medina in your Realm.)
- 'Pentarch' - As a Christian, hold Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem (As a Christian, hold Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem.)

************** Extremely Hard (1/1) - 150 points
- 'Iustinisnus' - As Byzantium, take back Italy, the Adriatic Balkans, the Levant and North Africa (Start as Byzantium and take back Italy, the Adriatic Balkans, the Levant and North Africa.)
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 16:18   #2
Shabbaman
Administrator

This is the first time I see this list.
Old 11-08-2013, 16:26   #3
grahamiam
Emperor

According to "Johan A"(ndersson):
Quote:
Achievements got canned when we had to make a non-steam version.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 16:49   #4
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Good thing too prolly, cause Paradox tried their own, non steam achievements on EU III and apparently that was bloody mess. In the end they simply disabled them.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 16:52   #5
Shabbaman
Administrator

If you manage to get two duchies and your heir still owns both duchies several years later, I think you're good enough to play this game.