Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Old 27-01-2004, 07:07   #31
Hygro
Chieftain

Yndy, your short time actively with us in the PTW ISDG was a period of growth and success, and it wasn't a coincidence. There was a reason I voted for every position that you ran. I'd like to have that option in the conquests one too (and, we don't descriminate against non conquests owners. The game is mostly the same).

Matrix, I'm glad you chose CFC
Hygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 23:35   #32
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

We're playing a game together, and it's not a "how to run a country" game, but a "how to play civ3" game.
Pretty sums up what I couldn't express myself explicitely. And I now know why I was not feeling well when some people kindly invited me to join the CFC SP demogame. I couldn't figure out how it was run, it seemed very complicated, and I didn't want to dedicate a lot of time to just one game. That's now why I understand that the demogame isn't a game about simulating a democracy, but just a massive multiplayer game. CDZ does it really better from the little I saw. A real democracy can't win the demogame.

About CFC, I'll say that I of course started to lurk and post there, but eventually grew tired of the size of the site. Finding this little place was good for me, as I knew my posts wouldn't be stuck in the middle of a lot of other stuff. CFC is just too big for me, but it's the best site for getting all the info. And here I can call myself a fucking cool guy without any *** at all, what a relief ! And it should surprise no one that, being a European myself, I like most CDZers being European too. There are not too many fucking American nerds here...
Old 04-10-2004, 00:55   #33
Ginger_Ale
Prince

Do I count as an American nerd?

Now that I see the CDZ team I'd much rather be on this team...I dunno, CFC is just, maybe too organized... oh well, I guess I can't resign there now.
Ginger_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 01:50   #34
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

Dunno. Are you one of those who enjoy the Iraq war, support Bush, and raise religion as an important American trait, etc, etc, etc ?... In other words, do you feel close to that Nicator (lol, "niquer" in French mean "to fuck", so "Nicator" is "the fucker") in off-topic at CFC ? I read his recently-made FAQ about him, what an asshole !!! My post didn't imply that Americans are nerds, I was just talking about the Americans who are also nerds. European nerds don't exist here, or I don't know there are some.

Quote:
quote:Now that I see the CDZ team I'd much rather be on this team...I dunno, CFC is just, maybe too organized... oh well, I guess I can't resign there now.
Play some good PBEM games here, and we'll see what we can do for you. Sometimes it's better to be patient. BTW, you live in SimCity City (Boston) ?
Old 04-10-2004, 03:34   #35
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

The IDG-2 at CFC is completely different. Pity you cannot lurk there. The place is running well and is very small with no beaurocracy at all. I also hate the huge SP demogames there, it just sucks. These 10000-post count guys from SP Demogame don't have much to say there at least as it stands now.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:48   #36
Hygro
Chieftain

I'll vouch for what akots said. I bet you guys are even more constitional than we are!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:02   #37
Shabbaman
Administrator

Obviously we're not going to give away vital information about our gaming strategy
I think the way we're running the game is closer to a succession game than a demogame.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:05   #38
Matrix
Administrator

We've found the best guys for the best positions (micromanaging, strategy, diplomacy...). Democracy does not go at the expense of good play in this ISDG.
Quote:
quote:I couldn't figure out how it was run, it seemed very complicated...
Well, it's very simple actually. I don't want to explain though, because I don't wish to reveal too much. (Better too little than too much.) We have a constitution, but I never read it.
Old 06-10-2004, 00:20   #39
Ginger_Ale
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

Dunno. Are you one of those who enjoy the Iraq war, support Bush, and raise religion as an important American trait, etc, etc, etc ?... In other words, do you feel close to that Nicator (lol, "niquer" in French mean "to fuck", so "Nicator" is "the fucker") in off-topic at CFC ? I read his recently-made FAQ about him, what an asshole !!! My post didn't imply that Americans are nerds, I was just talking about the Americans who are also nerds. European nerds don't exist here, or I don't know there are some.

Quote:
quote:Now that I see the CDZ team I'd much rather be on this team...I dunno, CFC is just, maybe too organized... oh well, I guess I can't resign there now.
Play some good PBEM games here, and we'll see what we can do for you. Sometimes it's better to be patient. BTW, you live in SimCity City (Boston) ?
Hehe...I wonder how I would resign if I could (I don't hold any position and I've posted once or twice there). - Btw, is the CDZ team in the same game as CFC? If not...I don't see why not to switch.

Yep, I'll try playing my PBEMs once the map is made. And yes, I'm from Boston - why?

Edit: I'm a democrat who despises Bush, the reasons we went into Iraq ("WMDs" - yeah right my ... ), and the current government. I like Edwards more than Kerry, but Kerry more than Bush.
Ginger_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:41   #40
Hygro
Chieftain

CDZ and CFC are in the same game.