Old 04-04-2005, 12:47   #61
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Beware, swingstar coach is on holiday!
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 13:00   #62
Melifluous
Administrator

No matter, he accepted my friendly challenge.

Or are you trying to imply he might leave his first team in?

Interesting...

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 23:31   #63
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

In Need of a Coach

OK, to put it short: My current coach will have his leadership down to the lowest level next season and the following season will start to lose skill. So, I need a coach candidate now. I don't have a decent one inside the team yet. And recruitment from the external is not affordable unless it is a solid skill/poor leadership which is certainly not enough if I ever hope for promotion to Vth division or further on.

So, I started looking on the market for players with low TSI, high experience (solid and above), and high leadership (passable and better solid). Other features irrelevant. The idea was to find a player with low TSI first and make maximal bid on him thus winning the bid. For example, if a player has TSI of 50, just bid 500K on him and be done with it.

The problem is that I'm not apparently the only one trying to do this. And also having some spare cash to spend is a must. Apparently 1.5 million spare is better to have in case of a player with higher TSI.

So, what is the question:

1) Is it worth it or not? It is a major hassle and requires complete surfing of the transfer market at least every other day. Also, the money just sit there doing nothing, so may be expand the stadium or buy more trainees or do something else? And forget about that coach thing, just go on with poor leadership again. Still it seems like throwing away good money.

2) Any tips on how to make this elusive catch?

3) There should be some ads in the transfer ads but it seems that all the sales are arranged at least they seem to. There might be an ad but by the time I come to it, it has a maximal bid already within 30 minutes of placing the player on the market. Is it OK with the rules?

4) Is there any way to some forum or place where people discuss these possible sales and "make arrangements" for these kind of deals. If it is not against the rules, why not do it?
Old 12-04-2005, 23:35   #64
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yndy
... I wonder why would anyone sell them ? (maybe they don't know about the coach thing ?)
Well, there is a bunch of clown traders. Don't really know how do they find them, but they seem to have a lot of clowns for sale almost always. Might be there is a similar thing with coach candidates?

Edited: Like they buy really underpriced ones with low-low TSI of 10 to 50, let them play a couple of games to increase TSI just a tiny bit, then resell for full price. It goes as high as 6 million, still less expensive than an external full-throttle coach with excel skill and solid leadership (18 million).
Old 12-04-2005, 23:43   #65
Kemal

Nothing that can be done about that, I've been looking for a low-tsi future coach from time to time as well and you have to be extremely lucky to find one it seems, since as you say the few that have the necessary LS will be bid upon by people within minutes it seems.

However, I'm not sure if your coach will indeed be disastrous as soon as next season already. your coach is 6 days older than mine, and if I understand the rules correctly, he will not drop to disastrous next season, because they lose half a level of LS per season. It seems new coaches start at x,5 level of LS, where x is the level you recruit them on, so that after one season they become x,5 - 0,51 = <x, i.e. drop one level. However, to drop yet another level that would require twice as long.

Maybe some veterans could verify this? If recruited coaches indeed, contrary to what I just said, start at max level of LS, I do not understand why some player/coaches keep their LS for longer than a season initially.

Finally, I think such a player is definitely worth it if you need the good LS in your division, paying like 300K is a bargain in that case for a solid+, passable+ experience player, imho.
Old 12-04-2005, 23:47   #66
Schip

in my opinion it is only worth it if you are desperate to promote from a difficult league and hence need the ability to pic/mots throughout the season. The longer, but better way to go IMO is to invest in your team and go with the solid/poor coach. That will last you three season normally, so for 90K a season your done.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 01:58   #67
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, how's about this argument...

For example, lets say, all this coach hassle would cost a total of 1 million. And indeed will slightly accelerate the training, by 10% which is not that important indeed. However, increasing leadership of the coach from wretched/disastrous to passable/solid for a few seasons will boost performance in each match by about 10%-20% for my stupid 30-star team basically converting into 35-star team without any impact on training or other things. The fraction of increase will be smaller in the case of a decent 50-star team, apparently. Something around the same 5-stars and many 50-star teams can afford paying 2 million apparently every 3 seasons.

But what can one get of 1 million? Basically, 2 formidable midfields or 2 excel wingbacks, not even both of these. This will add maximum 2 stars instead of 4-6 stars added by the coach. And also consider it depends on their form.

Certainly, there are other means to boost the team spirit. But there should be a "coach part" of it which cannot be boosted higher without decent leadership of the coach.

I'm not thinking of buying a better coach, I'm thinking of a very inexpensive way to get one without violating the rules or if other people can do it. are they really doing it without violating the rules?

Also, this means a conversion of 30-star team to 35-star and 35-star to 40-star which might be enough for me (if i ever promote to Vth US division) to survive there. Need about 40-45 stars to sit there firmly and close to 50-55 on average to promote to 4th division.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:01   #68
Schip

Well, that's what I said isn't it? The coach will improve your team, but it will cost you money. A player will do that but lasts longer and can be resold. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, it's just not worth the trouble to me, at this moment. I have some passable leadership players that are gaining experience fast now, so maybe I'll promote one of them in the future.

PS: you did know any players you buy must be with your team for 16 weeks before you can promote them no?
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 13:28   #69
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Yes, that is why I'm starting to worry about it now with another season after the current one to go with an old coach.
Old 13-04-2005, 23:40   #70
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote