Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 31-07-2006, 23:53   #1
bed_head7

MotSing the cup and then PiCing the next two is probably exactly what I would do. Though your mid is not that strong, so MotSing won't have a huge effect, it may be effective in this case. I haven't examined your team and his well enough to be sure though.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:22   #2
sz_matyas

In a wow I wish I hadn't played that match. My last frienldy I lost 1-0, and had two players (including my top midfielder injured) plus one bruised, especially humorous in that I was already leading the division in injuries now don't really know what to do. Unfortunately I had put some of my top guys in because I had four bruised players and didn't want them to get extra hurt, glad that worked out so well. Adding insult to injury, there were only 800 people in attendance so I got almost no money from the game.

Thinking about hiring a few doctors so I can get my 2 week injured guy ready for the cup as I will likely need him if I'm to win my first round, definately going to have to use counter-attack as I will be completely dominated in the midfield.
Quote:
quote:
Quentin Mayes
TSI = 2 090 , 25 years, poor form
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: solid Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: solid Set pieces: solid
once again earned 1.5 stars. I know he should be playing a star to a star and a half better than this, but can't figure out why or what to do with him. Do I sell him and get someone with decent skills who actually performs, do I sit him in games that count, do I keep running him out there and hope that this is just a streak of terrible luck. I mean if any of his 5 performances had meritted at least 2.5 stars, I would run him out without thinking, but honestly he about has me at wits end.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:32   #3
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Well, the injured will heal with time and one or two doctors unless they are really old. Just make sure you can make the ends meet financially. Everyone is struggling with injuries. I've never had such horrible number of injuries in previous seasons, and a few others complain as well so it seems they've increased the frequency somewhat. There is nothing you can do about it.

The guy Mayes is in poor form. Just keep fielding him (may be in friendlies only) and the form might change eventually given time. This hattrik thingy requires considerable time and with some things you just have to cope.
Old 03-08-2006, 15:46   #4
Robboo
King

hey SZ..I set you the challenge.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:16   #5
sz_matyas

The challenge with Robboo has been completed and the only positive thing I can say is that I don't have to worry about any goalkeeping controversy, thanks to my fine Polish keeper going down after a bad challenge. Hopefully he should be back up early in the season, but I'm firing the doctors as soon as Tino Djurhuus is healed as I really need a midfielder and don't need an extra problem at GK to worry about.

I lost 3-1 with my only goal coming on a random counter-attack and only seemed to manage a SE as far as other chances go (hattrick is down so I can't verify my claims, just seemed to be a night to forget).
Old 10-08-2006, 05:19   #6
Robboo
King

I think I won in the midfield. IF you had your better MI you would have had more possession. Sorry about the injury. I will fine my guy The forward that scored the hat trick is my highest rated scorer. I had planned on holding him out but he formed dropped last week.

Did the game give you the info you wanted for the cup match. I attemped to mimic him as best that I could..if anything I think I was a bit higher rated on offense and midfield in this game than what he has been in his last league games. If you get your midfield up..I think you will win.

Old 10-08-2006, 17:53   #7
sz_matyas

Thanks for the game, it definately gave me something to chew on for my cup game. Looks like I will have to get creative in my lineup to emphasize midfield though it might be late to try the 3-5-2. I'm thinking I might swing some of my best players to midfield at the expense of attack and defense.

Don't worry too much about the injury, as much as I hate my guys getting hurt that solved a challenge on how to set up my training rotation (though a $1 fine might be in order). The biggest thing I need is to increase my scoring chances, can't score if you don't shoot and all that.
Old 10-08-2006, 18:16   #8
Robboo
King

Good luck..I will be watching with much interest.
Old 23-08-2006, 19:44   #9
sz_matyas

Hmm, might have to stop playing friendlies or something. Lost money going to play Aggie this week and now I have 2 of 3 people I feel confident in as forwards hurt for multiple weeks. On the plus side, this might get me on the leaderboard of something at alltidhattrick.org. Unfortunately, I can't even buy replacements being 157K and climbing in debt (hopefully get a goalie pop to excellent in 3 or 4 weeks to cover that).

Just as a note to CDZ people for the next 4-5 weeks: I can't afford international friendlies given that I need a little space in case my last reasonable forward gets hurt. I think it's great, but if you could visit me right now, I will try and be willing to travel come CDZ cup and slight cash reserves.
Old 23-08-2006, 20:03   #10
Tubby Rower

I'll likely be losing my cup match and will challenge you. I'm in the US so you wouldn't have any travel costs.