Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 23-10-2007, 05:57   #121
sz_matyas

Thanks for the tips. Just for reference my coach will have inadequate leadership, so with the help of a few psychologists I can use PiC and MoTS to actually accomplish something.

As to why winger training, it was clearly my weakest position and didn't want to throw out good players just as I was promoting to get into a more lucrative field and couldn't afford higher level trainees anywhere. This is more of a 2-3 season experiment to get a couple top flight wingers for my team and now train some of my defenders in wing (all except Goetz get WB training) with the new rules coming up.

Based on this advice, does this sound like a reasonable plan:
1) Try and beat The Fish first round to the point of letting the cup slide a bit.
2) PiC the 1st half in general or until I get a couple major upgrades
3) Gain some cash from selling Leroy (outstanding 17 yr old) and German (brilliant 19 yr old) for some lower class trainees when they reach said level (around weeks 5-7)
4) Purchase a brilliant GK and a WC midfielder this season and play to beat The Fish, Nuns on Crack and maybe a hidden victory
Old 23-10-2007, 08:06   #122
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Brilliant keeper will not be enough. Well, it may be but an experienced one as a temporary measure. You would need some of WC or better for consistent at least 5+ stars.

Compromise between cup and league is always hard. You can try to get to stage 4 but in the US chances of that are low. So, IMHO, you suffer in the league but don't make much progress in the cup. Hopefully, your experience might be better than mine.
Old 23-10-2007, 17:50   #123
sz_matyas

Brilliant keeper isn't enough long term, but to get WC costs around $2M and I won't reach that until the very end of the season if at all. A brilliant keeper I can get for around $1.2-1.3M based on the current market. Upgrading midfield isn't so hard, because it will only cost around $300K as I can sell a brilliant player to cover a large portion of the cost.

Personally my goal in the cup is round 3, but even that may prove difficult as the most winnable game I have in league is the same week as the round 2 game.

Long term, 3-4 seasons, I figure a WC player at almost every position is the goal, but right now I'm worried about simply surviving this season without relegating.
Old 14-12-2007, 15:11   #124
sz_matyas

Basically I've got this guy
Quote:
quote:
Leroy Beerten
TSI = 3 480 , 17 years and 99 days, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities

Stamina: inadequate Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: outstanding Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set pieces: wretched
and wondering what I should list him for.

Any tips would be appreciated as I really don't see outstanding 17 yr old wingers on the market and don't want to get hosed.
He isn't on the U-20 team and won't be (just got beat out), so that potential revenue/marketing is gone, but otherwise looking for tips.
Old 14-12-2007, 16:59   #125
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Well, with new ageing system, it is not that informative about 17-yo. How many days he has left? Otherwise, he does not have passing or playmaking. So, something can be from 500K to may be 800K depending on a buyer. May be more than 800K but it should not be less than 450K IMO in any case.
Old 14-12-2007, 17:31   #126
sz_matyas

He has 13 days left (as it can be seen he is 17yrs and 99 days). A similar player with formidable winger and a week younger went for around 900K, so I was thinking maybe over $1M, but wasn't sure. He is at about the best pace he can be for training, if he had been excellent at 17 and 0 days, he would be 3 weeks ahead of this, but no more. I was hoping I could get some benefit from that fact.
Old 20-12-2007, 20:24   #127
sz_matyas

Listed him for 1.5M and he didn't sell, listed him again for $0 and he went for $1.2M.

Big thanks to Mistfit who was the only one who made more than the minimum bid (from 0 to 1.2M is a lot of minimum bids and was annoying at best)
Old 20-12-2007, 21:13   #128
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sz_matyas
... and he went for $1.2M.

Live and learn. The prices are definitely going up on the market.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:54   #129
sz_matyas

I might be looking for a quick piece of advice on how I should move forward with my team into the coming season.

Currently I have ~$750K with 3 home games (and potentially a qualifying match) left and am running ~165 hatstats a game. The downside is that my fans are irritated and falling fast, so I probably won't get that good of crowds.

My current team can roughly be described as:

WB: both formidable Def, Exc Wing
CD: Outstanding Def. (excellent backup)
IMs: 2 WC PM, 2 brilliant PM ~inad passing for all
Wings: 3 Form (2 with solid pass, 1 with Pass PM) trainees (1 at excellent)
Forwards: 1 Bril/WC SP, 1 Outstanding, 1 Excellent backup
GK: Formidable (and younger), Solid (28yr old)

Looking at akickku.com, I've played the 47th toughest schedule in div V and have to face the gauntlet on the return, being 1 pt ahead and a large differential behind in the autorelegation zone.

I think if I tanked the other games, I could sneak into 6th place or I could put up a solid show come in 7th and destroy div VI next season.

The question is: should I fight relegation, and then where should I spend my money (GK, stadium, forward, defense)
or should I spend my money on quality back-ups and stadium expansion so that way when I come back to div V I can be there to stay (even if it is in the hardest league to get 6th or above by hatstat that I saw in a quick check).
Old 01-01-2008, 02:38   #130
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

IMHO, you better try to stay. First, you never know into which Div VI league you get relegated. It might be all bots and that would be quite boring. Second, you never know into which Div V league you'd be able to promote in a season if you can and it can be even more tough. Third, they are changing the rules to increase attendance in higher divisions and to decrease supporter mood fluctuations. Fourth, your league seems to have a more or less clear leader which will apparently promote, so one strong team out; you can get some bot from Div IV or a weaker team. Fifth, you are doing quite OK in general but need to enhance the midfield. Apparently, this would be hard to do with your current cash, so you might consider pic-mots fluctuation (which you appear to be doing but would need to find a nice WTM player) and might need a higher leadership coach for that but your current one is not that bad with inad leadership. Sixth, IMHO, you've got to spend more on transfer market. Now, one can make huge monies daytrading. Prices are jumping up and down and nobody can tell what might happen within a couple of week. That is only if you've got time. Your transfer record looks quite small, may be you can get some extra cash this way. Of course, somebody is gaining and somebody is losing, so it is kind of tricky stuff there and quite a gamble at times. That is all IMvHO.