Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2007, 17:14   #11
Klammi

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IglooDude

So is the map/civ choices we're playing with now going to be the same on the real start?
I hope so. I made a save at the first turn. So the map and leaders will be the same.
Old 17-03-2007, 18:11   #12
Klammi

I found a nice ruleset from the oob (See first post). Let us use them as a draft. If you would like to append or discard any of them, then please offer your ideas for discussion.
Old 17-03-2007, 19:24   #13
killercane
Prince

Rules look fine to me. Maybe for the double move rule we can give someone 14 hours (or some arbitrary later number) and then DM them. This way some arent waiting around until inopportune times to play their turn. Or it is fine as is, just a topic for discussion.
Old 17-03-2007, 20:54   #14
Klammi

I took a look at the players subscribed to Mauers Pitboss game. I think except for Mauer we are complete. I thought we would be more. IMHM we can choose between three possibilities:

1. Restart the game with 8 player (and new balanced map)
2. Relaunch the current game setting the missing players to AI
3. Continue that thread at CivFanatics to fill up the 16 slots.

to option 3: I am registered their, it's a huge community, think much more bigger than at civ3duelzone. Not to abase this board, but I think its very rudimental. The subscribtion doesn't work and the Civ4 Warlords Community is rather tiny.

To make this clear: It's not my intention to make ad for CivFanatics or to offend the Civ3duel community. But if you vote for option 3 I would bed you to register their, if not done yet.

Let's decide this democratically. Please vote for one of the mentioned options.
Old 18-03-2007, 00:27   #15
Robboo
King

set them as AI it adds a degree of...mystery to the game.

I hate playing with any rules that are not "coded" in the game. There is no way to enforce them and punishment is non-exisitant. Therfore I vote NO RULES...

DM rule...I play when I can due to family and work. IF I happen to be the last to play and I am at war...I would prefer to play both turns...so it fits my schedule.

IN addition...rules should be set before people pick civs not after. Mongolians have an advantage to DM. And I may not have picked them if i would have know no DMs...I was deciding between two civs. I will play what I got.
Old 18-03-2007, 00:28   #16
Robboo
King

set them as AI it adds a degree of...mystery to the game.

I hate playing with any rules that are not "coded" in the game. There is no way to enforce them and punishment is non-exisitant. Therfore I vote NO RULES...

DM rule...I play when I can due to family and work. IF I happen to be the last to play and I am at war...I would prefer to play both turns...so it fits my schedule.

IN addition...rules should be set before people pick civs not after. Mongolians have an advantage to DM. And I may not have picked them if i would have know no DMs...I was deciding between two civs. I will play what I got.
Old 18-03-2007, 00:52   #17
Darkness

i'm ok with all three options but i'd prefer option 1...
Old 18-03-2007, 02:23   #18
Robi D
King

As for the options, i not against any but prefer the first one.

As for the rules, i don't have a problem with the not DM rule. I think its good and i don't think it advantages/disadvantages any particular civ. By not having a DM rule in place it just slows the game down because people don't end their turn to try to avoid it.

The rule i have an issue with is the not rushing before 3500BC. If your naive enough or just taking a risk not to build some defences straight away and someone catches you out then too bad you out of the game early.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Old 18-03-2007, 02:39   #19
mauer
King

Hey guys, I'll take Saladin if it's not too late. Sorry I couldn't get it figured out, but big thanks to Klammi.

EDIT: Can't get in, is it up yet or am I just having all kinds of connection problems...lol
Old 18-03-2007, 10:49   #20
Klammi

Hi Mauer, nice to hear you are in. My router crashed tonight and lost his NAT-Settings.. The Server is up again, hope this don't happens regulary.

There are two half votes for option one, yet.

>I hate playing with any rules that are not "coded" in the game. There is no
>way to enforce them and punishment is non-exisitant. Therfore I vote NO
>RULES...

I think the DM rule is one of the most important. I agree with Robi D's statement. Its a rule to improve the fairness. There will be punishment. Kicking anyone out of the game costs me two mouse clicks. The player which gets double moved has to claim that rule violation and I will carefully consider what to do.

>The rule i have an issue with is the not rushing before 3500BC. If your
>naive enough or just taking a risk not to build some defences straight away
>and someone catches you out then too bad you out of the game early.

We can remove the 3500BC rule if you like. I could arrange with that but if you don't like it lets drop it.

>IN addition...rules should be set before people pick civs not after.
>Mongolians have an advantage to DM. And I may not have picked them if i
>would have know no DMs...I was deciding between two civs. I will play
>what I got.

I didn't have set any rules yet. I put them to discussion. It's a draft (see post #12)
Closed Thread