Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 08-11-2004, 14:32   #291
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

A great game indeed. Much better than PBEM or Sologames.

I think I want to do this very soon again!
I believe you were the one who wanted to play a board game. Then we said we should set up the network first. Once playing you never left the game until the end, around midnight.

But indeed, I too like to play online once. With the dedication we have we could even try with eight players! The tough side is you must be there, every session.
Old 08-11-2004, 14:46   #292
Rik Meleet

Analysis from the Egyptian angle.

Although we had a good food-rich start with 2 cows and 2 Wheat in our first 2 cities, we had no fresh water. That hampered our city size and our economics. There was little to do but build temples, barracks and units. What good would a granary do if you'll be stuck on size 6 max forever ???
We send an archer to the hill in the center of the marsh between us and our only neighbours; Stapel and Beam. Later on we send a spear there, and another. Then we went into full unit production (cats, spears, and when we connected Iron: swords) and all moved there. When the workers finished the road through the marches our SoD of 3 cats, 1 archer, 7 spears and 9 swords (and 10 more on their way with about 2 or 3 new vet swords being created every turn) moved in and declared on the "purple barbarians".

Stapel had just been fighting smalltalk's Sumeria and we have been strong compared to all other nations according to the F3 screen. Stapel moved all of his forces into Amsterdam and it was a tough battle. However we were expecting him to do that, so we were building up a 2nd task force of about 5 swords which were to be send into Iraq ouis westward instead of south. But when Ramses paid us a visit and united 3 swords we were on top of it.

Stapel's talk of abandoning the city and us being very very prepared for that (as soon his last unit moved out, ours was in) it played no real part anymore. The war of attrition was won.

Kinda funny; we were the only civ without fresh water, without our UU (no horses) without a Golden Age and still we won...
Old 08-11-2004, 15:13   #293
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Items found (until now):
- Bag with battery charging cables
- Grey / black shawl
- Deck of Iraqi cards
- Couple of cigarette lighters

Please let me know if you're the owner of one of these.

Also opened the fridge containing some cheeses in the garage.

Old 08-11-2004, 23:13   #294
Kingreno

Guilty on the shawl and Iraqi Cards.
Old 08-11-2004, 23:31   #295
Beam
c00l b33r

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Guilty on the shawl and Iraqi Cards.
How about a delivery over a beer in either Eindhoven or Breda?
Old 08-11-2004, 23:38   #296
Kingreno

That can be arranged indeed! You are more then welcome to visit my place! Next weeks are a bit busy but we can definately arrange something after that!
Old 08-11-2004, 23:52   #297
Beam
c00l b33r

Sounds cool to me KR! Just let me know when it suits you, you're more busy than me atm.

Spoke with the company doctor this afternoon btw and he told me that my boss sent an e-mail thru his sec. saying that I would be away for "a couple of months". Had to tell the doctor this sounded like I was dying which wasn't actually true. The "pil" can make his report now and he will call me back in 4 weeks to see if recovery is going well.

Good news is that I have 100% full control over recovery now with all admin guys satisfied.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:22   #298
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Quote:

A great game indeed. Much better than PBEM or Sologames.

I think I want to do this very soon again!
I believe you were the one who wanted to play a board game. Then we said we should set up the network first. Once playing you never left the game until the end, around midnight.
Yes, I got addicted immediately! Besides that, did anybody play a boardgame anyway? If yes, I completely missed it.

Quote:
quote:But indeed, I too like to play online once. With the dedication we have we could even try with eight players! The tough side is you must be there, every session.
I think doing this online is meant to fail.

A better option is simply do it in real, like we did last saturday.

I can easily set it up at home for 4 players. All I need is a date and 3 foes!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 17:43   #299
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:

Yes, I got addicted immediately! Besides that, did anybody play a boardgame anyway? If yes, I completely missed it.
They only boardgame we played was Machiavelli. Though it actually doesn't really have a board. For the rest we played poker and blufpoker (with dice).
Quote:

I think doing this online is meant to fail.

A better option is simply do it in real, like we did last saturday.

I can easily set it up at home for 4 players. All I need is a date and 3 foes!
Well, if a LAN party is possible, it should also be possible to do it with everyone at home. But somehow in such a case people don't think it's important anymore to be there (at home).

Just put it in your agenda.
Old 09-11-2004, 17:54   #300
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Me want in on such an event if possible, though it looks like I am working and or spending time with friends and family here in Norway all December. I got a lot of catching up to do, but if you guys are cooking up something for new year - or whatever, I ll do whatever I can to get a plane ticket and be on my way...

And to think I said to someone some years ago that meeting people I meet on the internet in reallife is something I would never EVER do [crazyeyes]

(on a completely different and fully unrelated topic, I am also looking for a new appartment - so I am going to be poor in the future perhaps [brr] )