Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 18-01-2005, 22:04   #191
romeothemonk
King

Great game all. Arghis with his subs was confounding me the last 10 turns.
I took the liberty of reading the Jap spoiler thread (Edit: only after the game was over). That is an impressive spoiler.
You should check out the allied spoiler.
I would like to know where your fleet was hiding. It really exapserated me to not find your last 3 carriers.
The allies were really well balanced, as modern sea warfare is my best area, while plotting is rcoutme's strength, and Justus proved extremely capable with delicate maneuvering of large forces. Dell delayed your advance long enough to buy us some time.
Maybe I should play a 1v1 with Arghis and go for nukes again.
This is offtopic but does anyone here have the graphic skills to replace my GWB avatar with a William Jennings Bryan for president avatar of some type.
Old 18-01-2005, 22:27   #192
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Congrats guys. Good fun to see how you struggled against the Empire.

Wonder if we ll ever witness The Empire Striking Back , but I do hope so
Old 18-01-2005, 22:31   #193
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk
This is offtopic but does anyone here have the graphic skills to replace my GWB avatar with a William Jennings Bryan for president avatar of some type.
no graphic skills, but work boredom and google can do wonders this is thier presidential button from 1900.
all i did was google "William Jennings Bryan for president campaign buttons". you may have better luck.

btw: nice game all, great read

5.52*KB
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 11:34   #194
Arghis

hi all

i won't be able to began another game (of this kind) until mid february.

@Romeo : my fleet at the end was east of japan, preying on a potential move north fro myour main fleet, or a secondary task from you. Before, it was east of Saipan, not far from where my subs sank some of your CV.
Of course, it was also sheltering in the vast emptiness of Pacific.

It was a big mistake of mine researching Divine Winds (Kamikaze) instead of Naval tactics. I was expecting having a good Kamikaze potential to ruin out your advance. Not being able to board Kamikaze on CV is a pain ... the more when they have a range of 4.

Hunting your CV with my subs was fun; because of one MP, i miss one good combined attack against your fleet; the next turn, u sank them ...

Old 20-01-2005, 17:55   #195
romeothemonk
King

This may also seem stupid, but now that I have an avatar, (Thanks Grahamiam) how do I get it to appear as my avatar?
I'm just a Chemical engineer with some physics training, to me computers are for email and civ.
Old 21-01-2005, 05:35   #196
Justus II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

This may also seem stupid, but now that I have an avatar, (Thanks Grahamiam) how do I get it to appear as my avatar?
I'm just a Chemical engineer with some physics training, to me computers are for email and civ.
If you figure out how to change Avatars, let me know, maybe I'll pick up the G.W. Bush one! (I am a Bush supporter, actually, but not at the "Ranger" level, that required raising $100,000 for his first campaign, IIRC, well out of my financial range).
Justus II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2005, 15:26   #197
Rcoutme

Well Arghis, let me know when you want to play this scenario and get humiliated as one of the allies. I will take the Japs every time... their initial advantage is actually too powerful, if done correctly!
Rcoutme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 10:59   #198
Arghis

hi

we'll see see after tthe 10 th of february. before, i've no time. see you later.