Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 20-12-2014, 00:04   #51
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

It is not that deep. It plays as if you read an interactive fantasy book or watch an interactive movie/series. Also, visual quality is top notch, I'm actually stunned as I seldom enjoy just the visuals. In DAI, I can walk and just look around. They have had a few very talented artists contribute to visuals. Music is good also and blends nicely to the world. Overall, I have a complete unhindered sense of immersion.

The game is on the demanding side through. I have to tune a couple of settings from high/ultra to medium to prevent GPU from overheating and I have 760GTX. Then after that, CPU started to overheat a little bit, on all 8 cores) but it is manageable just with upping the fan speed.

Gameplay is a hybrid fusion between Drakensang series, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Elder Scrolls and of course previous Dragon Age games.

Have not tried multiplayer yet as the controls are somewhat cumbersome. The camera is completely detached from the character movement and there is no option to reattach it, so you've got to run with right mouse button pressed at all times. I wonder how long my mouse will survive. A generic 3-dollar mouse I tried in the beginning lasted for two sessions of 4 or 5 hours each after which the right button caved in.
Old 20-12-2014, 15:24   #52
Shabbaman
Administrator

I have to say that buying a good mouse is one of the best decisions I ever made.
Old 20-12-2014, 22:04   #53
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

A reasonable $40 mouse lasts about a year for me if I play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer regularly at least once a week.
Old 21-12-2014, 21:57   #54
Shabbaman
Administrator

My Logitech MX518 broke, and that model turned out to be unavailable so I bought the G400 instead. I think I did five years with it. It's a bit expensive, but it's still cheaper than buying a new one every year.
Old 23-12-2014, 01:13   #55
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I have had 400 some time ago that I got for $40 on big sale somewhere. It lasted about a year and cannot say I liked it. I now have sensei raw, it is lighter and slides better. Buttons are not that good though. It is not that easy to find a good mouse these days for me. The only one I really liked was razer so maybe when sensei breaks, I go back to it.
Old 23-12-2014, 01:29   #56
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Also, a Russian friend of mine quit gaming as he was really addicted and his family forced his hand. So, he gifted me quite a few games on steam through gamersgate. The list includes:

Dishonored (Bethesda's take on Assassin's Creed afaik)
Banner Saga (weird strategy)
Wasteland new (and old that comes with it by default, I have not played the old one)
Baldur's Gate II remade edition or whatever (I liked the original BGII a lot when it was published first)
Risen I and II (Two Worlds refurbished in Drakensang universe)
Demonicon, but that one I already played (not a bad game but combat is awful).

Not sure what to do with all this stuff, as I got to quit working to be able to play all that. I think I am all set for the next year or two considering DAI and its multiplayer. Multiplayer for DAI is very addictive. I played seven hours on Sunday without any breaks which is close to a record for me.
Old 23-12-2014, 21:10   #57
Shabbaman
Administrator

I liked Dishonored, I bought that last year. It does play like a console port though. But the art style is good, cartoony works for me.
Old 24-12-2014, 06:23   #58
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I played a little bit of Risen like an hour and a half. Not a bad game according to my first impression. It is very Drakensang-style and I like that. No +5 greatsword or level 36 heavy armor there or "stop time, run around, kill everyone" magic. Quests are awful though and graphics are very mediocre. But overall impression is good.

Also, spent about an hour in Banner Saga and it is annoying. Outcome of events seems completely random and not linked in any way with what you think might happen if you decide to do this or that. Of course, there are multiple walk through sites out there but that would ruin the game complete for me.
Old 25-12-2014, 22:48   #59
Shabbaman
Administrator

I don't know either game. On an unrelated note, Endless Legend is RPS' game of the year: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...ndless-legend/

I played Endless Space, which I found promising but not very addictive. This might be worth trying.
Old 27-12-2014, 20:53   #60
barbu1977
Emperor

I'm almost finished with South Park. If you are a fan of the series, it's a great. It's like living 3 episodes with a little RPG fighting and mazes. Although, I would have liked tougher and longer dungeons and more side quests.

If you are not a fan or never watched, don't bother.