Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 11-02-2007, 14:40   #11
BCLG100
Deity

The Wii is a good choice if you want to play it as groups of people, dont fall into what the adverts make you believe, it involves as much moving around as you want it too. Dont forget tubby that in adition to whatever games you buy you get a disc (in the UK at least) which has about 20 different sub games on.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 15:48   #12
grahamiam
Emperor

My sister just bought one for her kid. We'll be playing it this coming Saturday (17th) so I'll let you know. One thing about Gamecube games is that they are compatible with the Wii. So perhaps you get that one for cheap + a few games to see how the kiddies like it. Then go for a Wii in a year or 2.
Old 11-02-2007, 16:08   #13
socralynnek

I played one game at a Wii in a shop testing that Tennis match.
I think it's a nice console for the casual player or for guests cause it's easy to play. Maybe there will be more complex games, but it is nice that there are games where you don't need to control 10 buttons or so like on other consoles.
So it might be suitable for the whole family...
Old 12-02-2007, 13:19   #14
Tubby Rower

Well I managed to catch Best Buy wit a few in on Friday and we played it over the weekend. Ana did struggle a bit with moving it fast enough to register with the motion sensors. But to my surprise, Sherry really liked it. She went off on the boxing match. I have noticed that your movements could be quite confined and there is no need to move in a complete motion (ie. swinging a bat in baseball could be done with one hand) In bowling however, it doesn't feel natural to just go through the arm motions and actually taking a couple of steps makes the motions feel more natural.

I'm still trying to figure out my first game purchase. I really want Zelda as nintendo has developed that game well in the past carnations of that game. but at the same time, I'd like to get one of the "party" games.

Anyhoo... my wii code is 8312 8910 9560 5088. If anyone has one, let me know and our Mii's could mingle together.
Old 19-02-2007, 05:53   #15
barbu1977
Emperor

I gave the Wii a try last night as well as the PS3.

I must say I'm peased by the way the Wimote works and how natural it is to handle (Played Wii sports and Rayman) Those are party games, but I think that given into the right software developer, you're going to have real nice titles with this thing.

I also tried the PS3 with the 6 axis control. The graphics are cool, but the car game I played was not very intuitive.

Finaly, I played Guitar Heroes 2 on the PS2. Although I stink at musical instruments, I realy liked the thing.

Old 19-02-2007, 12:15   #16
Tubby Rower

I'm really pleased with the Wii. The thing is that the more you play the more you realize that you have to do less and less of the motions. Just a flick of the wrist will suffice in most instances. I must say that boxing is actually the hardest. I'm planning on getting excite truck and/or Zelda in the next week or two.
Old 19-02-2007, 15:24   #17
grahamiam
Emperor

I just played it on Saturday night and had a blast I only played bowling and golf, but it was very fun! My wife wasn't very impressed but my 6 yr old had a blast with bowling, baseball, tennis (all Wii sports), and Super Monkey Ball. I could see a wicked game of Wii doubles tennis going on if you had 4 controllers.
Old 19-02-2007, 15:28   #18
Tubby Rower

The problem with 4 controllers is space. I have to move to a corner of the room when I play Sherry. She flails about so much I just steer clear of her. She almost beat me the other night....my mom and dad are coming into town this weekend so I'll try to get a video made and upload it so show you guys what it's like
Old 23-02-2007, 14:40   #19
Tubby Rower

While cleaning up to show our house to our realtor, Sherry found some cash that I received for Christmas. I didn't have anything that I wanted at the time and completely forgot about it. So I had $50 to blow and went and got Zelda for the Wii. I haven't had much time to play it yet, but it seems as though it'll be nice.

the thumb-joystick on the nunchuck might have been better in the dominant hand instead of the other hand, but I guess if I'm slashing around the main wiimote to swing the sword the joystick might move inadvertently.
Old 23-02-2007, 17:11   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

She flails about so much I just steer clear of her. She almost beat me the other night....my mom and dad are coming into town this weekend so I'll try to get a video made and upload it so show you guys what it's like
Yeah! We want movies!