Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 05-01-2008, 02:44   #1031
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Congratulations, Robi D!!!

Akots, BCLG100, when you realised Robi D was going to win, did he already have the big army he has now, or did you, retrospectively, have a chance of attacking him?
i'd been trying to get akots and shabba to directly attack him for hundreds of years, me and akots funded the stapel war. but i was always too far away to do anything theres little i could of done from my distance away. not sure about akots though.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:50   #1032
Robi D
King

i asked akots for an end of game agreement and he said yes straight away.
With the 3 way planning of the mauer war the same thing happened with shabba.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:00   #1033
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Well, Russia was getting more than a half of both health and happiness resources from China for a rather moderate fee or just for free. If I went to war with Robi, that would mean apparently halving of the population almost instantly. I could have whipped the cities into oblivion certainly but there were no guarantee that this might help. However, there was a certain retardation on this path from Rome. And going to war with Rome was always rather useless. At best, I could have hoped for a stalemate and then China will be getting away.

Regarding the last turns, with some starvation and a couple of extra workshops in Petersburg and Novgorod, I would have been able to finish the spaceship in 4 turns and according to my calculation without spies just based on world map, Rome had at least 5 turns until launch. I was also convinced for some reason that Robi will launch not on this turn but at least in one more turn, may be two. Alas, live and learn.

So, it was a rather close call. The most hopes went to Stapel who had already a couple of nukes cash-rush but for some reason he did not launch them on a previous turn. BCLG was supposed to give him the info on Robi's cities building the last two SS parts but apparently something went wrong.

I just also wanted to say many nice words to Matrix for hosting. I know it is a major pain but you did it and this game was quite an endeavor IMO.

Yes, indeed all hopes went to Stapel. I think I'll wonder for a long time as if I would spent these 10K gold into research, how could the game have ended then. For good or bad, we never know.

So, the major factors which screwed up the ending for Russia were these obligatory peace deals due to absolute lack of native resources and horrible luck with great people. I popped 5 Great Artists in a row at 10-12% probability each time and even traded two of them to Shabba for one Great Engineer which was used to rush Broadway since due to global Emancipation, the happiness situation was quite a disaster. But it is all in the spoiler. Again sorry for that being in Russian guys.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:08   #1034
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

Regarding the last turns, with some starvation and a couple of extra workshops in Petersburg and Novgorod, I would have been able to finish the spaceship in 4 turns and according to my calculation without spies just based on world map, Rome had at least 5 turns until launch. I was also convinced for some reason that Robi will launch not on this turn but at least in one more turn, may be two. Alas, live and learn.
My spies i guess we're more active than yours, we were heading for an even finish from what i can make out. all my euro parts were done in a couple of turns and my africanness city i think was equal to yours, it kept starving so i had to keep re-hiring the engineer to starve it some more. it had lost about 6 population thus far.

Cheers matrix- the hosting was much appreciated for a very enjoyable map and game!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:36   #1035
Robi D
King

You <s>can</s> can't launch nukes the same turn you rush them. He only built the manhatten in 1810.

A big thank you to stapel for draining my competitors bank books for no returns whatsoever, good job

And of course a big one to matrix for being a good host.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:38   #1036
Robi D
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

My spoiler is in Russian. Sorry guys, you have to use babelfish or some other online translator. But I know digger read it.

http://www.civfanatics.ru/forum/inde...topic=5831&hl=
Without bothering with the translator i can understand enough words to have a vague idea of what your saying. But i am interested in reading the juicier details so i'll get it translated when i have more time to read it.
Good game by the way

Old 05-01-2008, 08:25   #1037
Stapel
Emperor

Well done Robi .

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robi D

You can launch nukes the same turn you rush them. He only built the manhatten in 1810.

A big thank you to stapel for draining my competitors bank books for no returns whatsoever, good job

And of course a big one to matrix for being a good host.

How can you use a unit that has been rushed in that turn?

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54   #1038
Shabbaman
Administrator

Congratulations Robi D. A pity I won't get to nuke anyone. I was looking forward to parking some nukes next to the zulu border to make Matrix nervous even more
Old 05-01-2008, 12:51   #1039
Robi D
King

That should be can't not can Stapel. And a nuclear launch would not have pleased me , although i have to ask why you didn't go down that road in the first place since a conventional war was never going to do much

Old 05-01-2008, 15:34   #1040
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robi D

That should be can't not can Stapel.
In English please
Quote:
quote:And a nuclear launch would not have pleased me , although i have to ask why you didn't go down that road in the first place since a conventional war was never going to do much
I actually did, but it couldn't be done faster than this. It's a bit sourthe game is over, exactly wen I had nukes available.....

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote