Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2004, 11:16   #21
Kingreno

What is Beam up to?

Beam has been building a lot of military units. My production however, has also shifted to military units. Now the question is, what to do with the lead? And what are the options for my opponent? Let's start with the last question. Beam undoubtly knows I am gonna get to the next age soon, and will use my own and soon-dead Theodora's free tech, to make an even bigger tech-gap. This means his window of opportunity is not that big. If I have nukes, I will use them.
He therefore will have to either invade me or hope for the UN. The latter is a too big a gamble as both our reps are disastrous, also I am confident I can snatch the UN myself. The military option then.

Beam could land a stack of doom on some mountain. Sure. What would that get him? Nothing much really. I am building a HUGE number of Bombers and the "umbrella" is virtually worldwide. Not to mention (mech)inf is hard to defeat without Tanks.
That leaves but one option: marines and Cav. With RR all over the world he could capture one of my coastal cities and continue in and unload his Cav there. My empire would be severely hurt if not lost completely. Also, he is probably building cav now and "just" needs a few marines in say 20 turns. Off course we must counter this.

The Greeks see this as the only real threath to victory so we have called in to live opperation:

Farting Hellas

Farting Hellas (FH) will be a three-step-plan to world domination. First, to counter the mentioned tactic above we have ordered our workers to build a line of Barricades arround our core. No enemy unit can pass through Barricades unless they are in their OWN territory. That means that any cav will have to hold at these barricades. That in turn will allow our own groundforces (and more likely 40 bombers!) to kill them off. This is not 100% thight as Beam could bring settlers and settle next to a barricade. For this reason we will attempt to make a double barricade. The barricades will also be manned by Inf (mech inf).

145.04KB

Simmilar lines are made in the northern and Eastern area as well as around Eindhoven itself.
Step 2. If Beam wants to get to me he'll have to cross one ocean. Transports have 6 movement and that means at least 3 turns of vulnerability. Destroyers are establishing a perimeter arround the entire continetnt, if a fleet is spotted they will radio the air force. The airforce will relocate when needed and do some serious damage to Beams fleet. The problem as always is: to spot the fleet in time. This too is partly done by the Airforce. Royal greek fighters are searching the sea every turn now for enemy ships.

The bombing, as a dozen of theodora's Dromons found out, is lethal. Bombers almost always hit and do 3 hp damage maximum. There is realy no defence to it then Carriers with fighters but that will mean Beam has to research flight as well, a pricy deviation from the Marines techtree.
To illustrate the range of my monsters:

89.74KB

Similar sights can be seen in all area's. Soon every chunk of ocean that could have enemy ships will be instantly bombable (is that a word?) by 10-15 bombers on that turn, 30 more the turns after that. There is no realistic fleet that can survive that.
To end step 2, I will deploy submarines near weak spots in the defensive line to take out enemy transports if they do get through.

Step 3. Armageddon. For the sole possibility that Beam even has a chance of getting the evil idea of invading me I will nuke every city in Sumeria to ashes. 'nuff said.