Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 09-10-2008, 10:23   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

You can also get converted indians. The nice thing is that you can ship the food to other colonies, or even buy food from the indians or from the king. So if food is cheap you can get cheap colonists.

BTW, I listed matrix as the next in line, but as far as I'm concerned the first one to pick it up is next in line. This list comes from the other thread, and I only put me on top because I started.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:44   #12
Darkness

Nice start Shabba. If we don't get a scout at the docks we should found the silver city with the next colonist, and after that the city between the corn and the furs (although we'll either have to pay for that or anger Monty. And given Monty's psychotic tendencies, I'd reccommend paying).
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09   #13
Shabbaman
Administrator

We're on an island and he got 1 city there, can't we just kill him? In hindsight I feel stupid not settling next to the corn, I forgot that in col2 you get the land from the indians. We'd have a lot more lumber as well. Anyway, hopefully that indian city teaches fishermen, we're going to need them.

I'm not too sure about the silver: is it going to be worth it? The yield is disappointing.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47   #14
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
We're on an island and he got 1 city there, can't we just kill him? In hindsight I feel stupid not settling next to the corn, I forgot that in col2 you get the land from the indians. We'd have a lot more lumber as well. Anyway, hopefully that indian city teaches fishermen, we're going to need them.

I'm not too sure about the silver: is it going to be worth it? The yield is disappointing.

Islands suck in col2, so that's not very good news... Can we get 4-5 cities on the island?

Killing Monty is an option, but I'd really like to exploit the village's teaching capacities first.

Silver is great. If we mine the source and set an expert silver miner on it, the yield should be 8 silver per turn. All that town would need is a docks (and possibly a warehouse), a silver miner and a fisherman. Seems a great investment for 152 (8*19) gold per turn, since the prices of silver don't drop as fast as they did in the original game.
Old 09-10-2008, 14:59   #15
Matrix
Administrator

I'll play my next turns now...
Old 09-10-2008, 15:32   #16
Matrix
Administrator

I made a screenshot of the entire island we're on. (see first screenshot)

Turn 9
- Quick calculation: with three turns of chopping I'll have enough wood to finish the docks with a carpenter instead of lumberjack.
- The caravel's going back to pick up the next immigrant, which will be there next turn.

Turn 10
- Immigrant: Seasoned Scout.

Turn 12
- Switched lumberjack to carpenter. Building done in six turns.
- Met Samuel de Champlain. He doesn't have a city yet.

Turn 14
- Caravel arrived in Europe. Next turn another immigrant (carpenter, missionary or silver miner), so I wait.

Turn 15
- It's a carpenter! Loaded him in and went back to Europe.

Turn 17
- Docks finished, and the ship is back in the New World.
- I haven't moved or done anything yet, except that I had to give a new building order in Shabbaville. I put it on a church, but that can be changed and is open for debate. Notice that the carpenter needs to be switched to lumberjack, especially since we have an expert carpenter now. (see second screenshot)
- Where do we drop the scout? There's an ancient ruin next to the Aztec city, but we could also drop it somewhere in the west. (see third screenshot) I'd say go the the ruin first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdzsg01.jpg (84.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg cdzsg02.jpg (80.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg cdzsg03.jpg (56.7 KB, 12 views)
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy AD-1508.ColonizationSave (53.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Matrix; 09-10-2008 at 15:34.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 15:34   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

We are lucky with a carpenter and a silver miner coming up. Balances my poor city placement.
Old 09-10-2008, 16:49   #18
socralynnek

I guess I'll be able to play today in the evening.

So, I agree with Scout moving to ruins and then visit the city.

Should we wait for the next one in Europe to pop up (maybe the miner, otherwise maybe buy him if we have enough Tobacco to sell) until founding near Silver?
Maybe depends on whether a colonist can learn to become a fisherman.

Church is fine. We have to use our bonus. On the other hand, we surely need a Warehouse at some point for Tobacco if we don't pick it up regularly.

And I think we should build a mission quite early. I think it is worth it (but nothing to do now).
Old 09-10-2008, 17:30   #19
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post

Silver is great. If we mine the source and set an expert silver miner on it, the yield should be 8 silver per turn. .
I;m pretty convinced that an expert silver miner will not generate 8 silver, more likely just 3. Or that's what my 2 expert silver miners managed to scrounge from the silver deposits the 2 games I started. But maybe I;m doing something wrong.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 17:43   #20
socralynnek

I had 8 silver per turn with a mine + an expert miner in my last game.

So, at least it is possible.