Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 18-12-2004, 12:16   #21
Kingreno

What is Beam up to?

Beam has been building a lot of military units. My production however, has also shifted to military units. Now the question is, what to do with the lead? And what are the options for my opponent? Let's start with the last question. Beam undoubtly knows I am gonna get to the next age soon, and will use my own and soon-dead Theodora's free tech, to make an even bigger tech-gap. This means his window of opportunity is not that big. If I have nukes, I will use them.
He therefore will have to either invade me or hope for the UN. The latter is a too big a gamble as both our reps are disastrous, also I am confident I can snatch the UN myself. The military option then.

Beam could land a stack of doom on some mountain. Sure. What would that get him? Nothing much really. I am building a HUGE number of Bombers and the "umbrella" is virtually worldwide. Not to mention (mech)inf is hard to defeat without Tanks.
That leaves but one option: marines and Cav. With RR all over the world he could capture one of my coastal cities and continue in and unload his Cav there. My empire would be severely hurt if not lost completely. Also, he is probably building cav now and "just" needs a few marines in say 20 turns. Off course we must counter this.

The Greeks see this as the only real threath to victory so we have called in to live opperation:

Farting Hellas

Farting Hellas (FH) will be a three-step-plan to world domination. First, to counter the mentioned tactic above we have ordered our workers to build a line of Barricades arround our core. No enemy unit can pass through Barricades unless they are in their OWN territory. That means that any cav will have to hold at these barricades. That in turn will allow our own groundforces (and more likely 40 bombers!) to kill them off. This is not 100% thight as Beam could bring settlers and settle next to a barricade. For this reason we will attempt to make a double barricade. The barricades will also be manned by Inf (mech inf).

145.04KB

Simmilar lines are made in the northern and Eastern area as well as around Eindhoven itself.
Step 2. If Beam wants to get to me he'll have to cross one ocean. Transports have 6 movement and that means at least 3 turns of vulnerability. Destroyers are establishing a perimeter arround the entire continetnt, if a fleet is spotted they will radio the air force. The airforce will relocate when needed and do some serious damage to Beams fleet. The problem as always is: to spot the fleet in time. This too is partly done by the Airforce. Royal greek fighters are searching the sea every turn now for enemy ships.

The bombing, as a dozen of theodora's Dromons found out, is lethal. Bombers almost always hit and do 3 hp damage maximum. There is realy no defence to it then Carriers with fighters but that will mean Beam has to research flight as well, a pricy deviation from the Marines techtree.
To illustrate the range of my monsters:

89.74KB

Similar sights can be seen in all area's. Soon every chunk of ocean that could have enemy ships will be instantly bombable (is that a word?) by 10-15 bombers on that turn, 30 more the turns after that. There is no realistic fleet that can survive that.
To end step 2, I will deploy submarines near weak spots in the defensive line to take out enemy transports if they do get through.

Step 3. Armageddon. For the sole possibility that Beam even has a chance of getting the evil idea of invading me I will nuke every city in Sumeria to ashes. 'nuff said.

Old 19-12-2004, 19:06   #22
Rik Meleet

That defense looks impressive !
Old 20-12-2004, 23:48   #23
Kingreno

WAR WITH SUMERIA
Greek fishermen insulted, our retaliation deadly

The western Ocean:

As greek fishermen were quietly fishing their day away a single sumerian Cruiser approached. The sailors on deck shouted all kinds of different stuff, most of which not for childrens ears. As a retaliation the Fishermen radiood the nearest airbase. There, a squadron of brandnew Lancaster-Bombers took off. A written declaration of war was deliverd in Urk as the bombers engaged the enemy Cruiser. Bomns fell and they fell hard. Having never ever seen an airplane before the men guarding the defensive guns had no chance.
The damaged cruiser set off its engines in a desperate attempt to sail only to find herself surrounded by no less then three Greek destroyers. After bombardment the last destroyer shelled the Cruisers ammo-depot. 1567 men and women of the Sumerian navy died. No greek casualties repoted.
News set across teh world and in the same year 4 more sumerian ships were reuthlessly destroyed without casualties. Transports are being boarded and ships set for the enemy. The airforce is at full alert and at home, full time warmobilization is taking place increasing our MFG lead over sumeria by no less then 80%!
Having noted that everyone else on this world is evil, the magnimous leader KR has called for other worlds to hear the just Greek cause:

42.15KB

More to come!
Old 25-12-2004, 18:17   #24
Kingreno

Step 2 of the plan is almost complete. My island is almost one giant barricade and I cannot see Beam capturing even one core city in the same turn he invades:
the south as an example:

155.42KB

Further, my inland cities are mostly on "wealth" now to boost research possibilities. My army is simply too big to require any more units:

25.7KB

19.11KB

22.28KB

11.76KB

the coastal cities are all on nuclear Submarine construction, I have mobilized so it's going quite fast.

Techs:

48.7KB

Beam is in the IA and lacks flight and Sanitation there. He may have Amphibious war. As can be seen Space flight and thus Tactical Nukes are in 6 turns now. That coincides wuth:

11.27KB

Most cities will go for Nuke prebuilds soon, I expect to finish a dozen or so in 7 turns. Nuclear subs are ready to deliver them to beam, one or two turns later. Depending on the targets. Isn't that nice for a christmas spirit?

Old 25-12-2004, 22:49   #25
Plux
King

Looks like we're getting a cold winter in the middle east..
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 12:11   #26
Stapel
Emperor

Great read!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

I trade Magnetism and ToG to korea for MilTrad and 40gpt. They get Steam as Free tech. I trade Nat for Steam. I sell Mag and ToG to Byzantines for 10 gpt. They get Medicine as free tech. I trade Nationalism for Medicine with Byzies.
That really did it!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2004, 01:31   #27
Kingreno

NUKES HIT SUMERIA

***Manhattan project proves it's value ***
***World shocked***
***many sumerian casualties***

Today, Greek Submarines succesfully deployed nuclear weapons. The newest misiles were launched from beneath the sea's. Evil sumerian bases were the targets as TN1 and TN2 hit their prime targets. Initial reports say the damage is huge, but acceptable!

99.82KB

With only two nukes (out of 40 in production) finished, the Greek high command had to decide where to strike Sumeria. We were able to find two clusters of luxuries that were found only on those clusters. Removing 2 luxes from beams inventory in one turn, will surely harm him greatly. And so it happened:

38.75KB

As said, almost everyone is on nukeduty now. In 6 turns, we will also be able to build ICBM's. Beam may surrender before that but if he insists...I will go on with this. His core will be trageted next, and naturaly his uraniumresources. we'll see.
Old 29-12-2004, 01:35   #28
Kingreno

VICTORY

Sumeria surrendered!
Old 29-12-2004, 02:23   #29
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Great game and a great spoiler KR! The decisive moment indeed was the end of the MA where we met as I was also planning to conquer Korea. MT was needed for that and KR skilfully went into the IA getting the 3 baseline techs in a single turn.

We already agreed on a rematch.

Thnx again to Kemal for this challenging map.
Old 29-12-2004, 10:30   #30
Kingreno

yes Kemal! The map was very well balanced and very fun to play. The single thing I'd done different was giving the Chinese and Arabs Iron as well! It would have made things a lot thougher but now, especially the Chinese were canonfodder for the americans. Thumbs up!

Beam, I will open a pregame discussion thread in the Mapmaking forum. For KrvsB # 2!