Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 16:54   #21
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Sounds fun, gotta get Pitboss running though but afaik that isn't rocket science. Carthage for me please.
Old 12-04-2007, 17:52   #22
Matrix
Administrator

Welcome to the club, Beam!

So far we have this distribution of civs:

86.21KB
Old 12-04-2007, 18:23   #23
Beam
c00l b33r

Hm, having loaded the mod and looking at expansion options I reconsider civchoice. Let's give the Inca a try.
Old 12-04-2007, 19:03   #24
IglooDude

If y'all would like an on-demand referee, I'll be happy to oblige. I'm going to take a pass on the game though - looks cool, but I really need to keep a limit on my civving...
Old 12-04-2007, 20:31   #25
BCLG100
Deity

Is there anyway for us all to start with a couple of settlers and a worker? just to decrease the boredom of the early turns?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 20:50   #26
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix
Well, the resources are balanced for 24/23 civs. If we'd play with my proposed civs, Rome would drown in resources.
So, just make sure Rome drowns to death.

On a sidenote, the map is huge and this means huge. We can play on quick speed or normal speed. If quick speed, there would be probably not a single war and if on normal, there might be but not many. It also seems that this would be purely a space race/culture game and it is also possible that some civs will never actually meet in game just because of the number of turns it takes to travel around. Is it possible to have some smaller version of the map? Rye has some but it is for his mod not for this scenario.

On the other hand, if possible, we can assign all missing civs as AI and play in on Monarch level.
Old 12-04-2007, 20:57   #27
Beam
c00l b33r

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

Is there anyway for us all to start with a couple of settlers and a worker? just to decrease the boredom of the early turns?
Good point, I'm with stupid. Dunno how to put them in a mod though.
Old 12-04-2007, 22:13   #28
Shabbaman
Administrator

What's the pace for this game you're thinking about?
Old 12-04-2007, 23:12   #29
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Hm, having loaded the mod and looking at expansion options I reconsider civchoice. Let's give the Inca a try.
You didn't know your world map already ?

The map Beam posted seems quite... small actually ; is this the map you will use ?

BTW, I'm not signing up. I can't be sure to play Civ4 everyday, and I hate missing turns. This alone brought me to dislike PitBoss gaming.
Old 12-04-2007, 23:18   #30
Beam
c00l b33r

Been playing the Earth map today and it really is made very well. Very similar to what to expect from an Earth map so to Rhye.

I have serious doubts however if this is a good MP map for a couple of reasons:
- Major one is the starting location really matters. Some civs have a lot of room to expand, some haven't. And altough CiV is less of a "get large" game compared to C3 imo a potential core of 6-8 cities in the mid game is some sort of requirement.
- Another one is the realistic resource distribution. Very good to get the real Earth feeling but imo gives to much local advantage.
- Then everybody knows the map beforehand and can check where resources are. Imo this takes away most if not all of Civ explore experience.

Sorry for the rant and I'd really like to see a game like this moving. As an alternative I'd like to suggest the Wheel map (played it SP couple of times) which can be generated through Custom Game from the menu. Each player gets a reasonable starting area and is connected over small junctions to two other civs and to a central icy but habital bar. Plus it is easy to select a starting era to speed up start of game. As every map it would need a check by someone but imo it is much easier to start a lasting game this way.

My 2 cents